Uploaded on Nov 9, 2010
"Working to Improve Diabetes Care" - Alliance to Reduce Disparities in Diabetes
The Merck Company Foundation supports an initiative working with community-based organizations across the United States to help improve the quality of care for people with diabetes, particularly in underserved communities.
The Center for Managing Chronic Disease at the University of Michigan serves as the National Program Office for the Alliance to Reduce Disparities in Diabetes. http://www.managingchronicdisease.org
The Alliance works with national, regional and community partners to develop and implement comprehensive, evidence-based diabetes programs that:
- Apply proven, community-based and collaborative approaches to address health care disparities related to type 2 diabetes among low-income and underserved adult populations
- Enhance patient and health care provider communication, mobilize community partners and assist health care organizations to decrease disparities in diabetes care
- Disseminate important findings to aid in the development of comprehensive prevention and management programs to help improve the quality of health care for adults who have or are at risk for diabetes
- Increase public awareness of health care disparities and diabetes
- Promote collaboration and information exchange to strengthen the efforts of interested stakeholders and organizations around the country that share the vision and goals of the Alliance.
About The Merck Company Foundation
The Merck Company Foundation is a U.S.-based, private charitable foundation. Established in 1957 by healthcare leader Merck, the Foundation is funded entirely by the company and is Merck's chief source
of funding support to qualified non-profit, charitable organizations. Since its inception, The Merck Company Foundation has contributed more than $600 million to support important initiatives that address societal needs and are consistent with Merck's overall mission to help the world be well. For more information, visit www.merckcompanyfoundation.org
Standard YouTube License