Om Namah Shivaya Mantra: Yoga Meditation, Vedanta, Tantra
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 11, 2008
Om Namah Shivaya is a most potent and popular mantra, which is at the heart of the Vedas and Tantra, and is widely used in this and other variations in the Himalayan tradition, as well as by others. This is a more traditional pronunciation of the mantra, unlike the many modern "singing" versions.
While there are other descriptions of the mantra, the following focuses on meanings for mantra meditation leading to Self-Realization.
OM/AUM: The three parts of Om (A-U-M) encompass the three states of waking, dreaming, deep sleep, the three levels of gross, subtle, causal, and the three levels of conscious, unconscious, subconscious, as well as the three universal processes of coming, being, and going. Absolute silence beyond the three levels is the silence after AUM. It also refers to Tripura, the one who live in the "three cities" as in Mahamrityunjaya Mantra, as well as the light referred to in Gayatri Mantra.
Namah/Namaha: Adoration, homage, respect. Nothing is mine (as an individual person); everything is thine (as the Absolute Reality). The three levels of Om, the three worlds of gross, subtle, and causal, along with the three states of waking, dreaming, and deep sleep states of consciousness, as well as the three levels of conscious, unconscious, and subconscious themselves are "not mine" as the true properties of who I really am. Truly, "nothing is mine." Rather, everything, all of these triads is "thine" or the "other" as the Absolute Reality.
Shivaya/Shiva: That Absolute Reality that is the ground out of which the others emerge. It is that "ink," so to speak, that is not separate from the many forms which may appear to manifest or be created from that ink. In the Realization of this, one comes to see that he or she is one and the same with the Absolute Reality. The Mahavakyas, the great utterances, are seen to be true. Shiva (the static or ground) and Shakti (the active or creative) are seen to be one and the same. She (Shakti), while one with Shiva is realized in direct experience as the one in the three worlds (Tripura) outlined in Om.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:49 hanuman chalisaby naveen004 Featured 20,387,474
- 49:50 Mahamrityunjaya Mantra 108 Timesby toneyrahulsharma633,235 views
- 1:03:19 Peaceful Aum namah Shivaya Mantra Complete!by SanatanDharmi6,418,363 views
- 22:27 Om Namaha Shivaya (Peaceful Bhajan)by Spiritual Mantra2,854,903 views
- 41:22 Om Namah Shivaya [Full Song] Aum Namah Shivay- Dhunby tseriesregional572,092 views
- 5:47 Gayatri Mantra - Music for the Soul - Meditation (with text - con testo)by Soraya Luna207,220 views
- 10:38 MANTRA-OM SURYAY NAMAHA-VYANAHby COLOURFULLMOON887,659 views
- 33:41 om mani padme humby batesaurio5,589,783 views
- 13:01 Mantra Music: Ong Namo by Snatam Kaurby Spirit Voyage Music1,872,859 views
- 10:13 MANTRA-OM MANI PADME HUM-VYANAHby COLOURFULLMOON844,200 views
- 44:45 Maha Mantra Om Namah Shivayaby Rajshri11,811 views
- 9:49 Sri Vidya (01/41) Tantra Kundalini Kriya Yoga Meditation Swami Ramaby swamiramahimalayas93,107 views
- 36 videos Play all Meditation Mantraby azjatka7
- 10:39 Om Namah Shivaya Japa - Meditation - Shiva Mantra Chanting| Shiva Chants| Indian Devotional Chantingby gurumaaashram63,077 views
- 10:19 MANTRA-OM SHANTI SHANTI SHANTI-VYANAHby COLOURFULLMOON1,044,634 views
- 10:02 Kubera Money Mantra (God of Wealth)by LilaSakura2,878,656 views
- 1:00:12 Om Namah Shivaya Mantra Chantingby Dr. Nipun Aggarwal677,143 views
- 9:41 Sri Vidya Mantras (Sri Amritananda - devipuram.com)by LilaSakura101,501 views
- 30:05 Meditation (Dyaan) to Lord Shivaby ShivTrishul108199,178 views
- 10:00 Ganesh Mantra - Obstacle Breaker (STROBE)by LilaSakura5,421,386 views