Om Namah Shivaya Mantra: Yoga Meditation, Vedanta, Tantra
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 11, 2008
Om Namah Shivaya is a most potent and popular mantra, which is at the heart of the Vedas and Tantra, and is widely used in this and other variations in the Himalayan tradition, as well as by others. This is a more traditional pronunciation of the mantra, unlike the many modern "singing" versions.
While there are other descriptions of the mantra, the following focuses on meanings for mantra meditation leading to Self-Realization.
OM/AUM: The three parts of Om (A-U-M) encompass the three states of waking, dreaming, deep sleep, the three levels of gross, subtle, causal, and the three levels of conscious, unconscious, subconscious, as well as the three universal processes of coming, being, and going. Absolute silence beyond the three levels is the silence after AUM. It also refers to Tripura, the one who live in the "three cities" as in Mahamrityunjaya Mantra, as well as the light referred to in Gayatri Mantra.
Namah/Namaha: Adoration, homage, respect. Nothing is mine (as an individual person); everything is thine (as the Absolute Reality). The three levels of Om, the three worlds of gross, subtle, and causal, along with the three states of waking, dreaming, and deep sleep states of consciousness, as well as the three levels of conscious, unconscious, and subconscious themselves are "not mine" as the true properties of who I really am. Truly, "nothing is mine." Rather, everything, all of these triads is "thine" or the "other" as the Absolute Reality.
Shivaya/Shiva: That Absolute Reality that is the ground out of which the others emerge. It is that "ink," so to speak, that is not separate from the many forms which may appear to manifest or be created from that ink. In the Realization of this, one comes to see that he or she is one and the same with the Absolute Reality. The Mahavakyas, the great utterances, are seen to be true. Shiva (the static or ground) and Shakti (the active or creative) are seen to be one and the same. She (Shakti), while one with Shiva is realized in direct experience as the one in the three worlds (Tripura) outlined in Om.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:00 Mahalakshmi (Laxmi) Mantra & Shri Yantra - Wealth Givingby LilaSakuraFeatured 1,942,999
- 5:03 How to See an Aura: Learn to See the Human Aura in 5 Minutesby higherbalance 983,556 views
- 7:19 Lord Shiva Mantra for Meditationby HareAum 177,795 views
- 5:23 LOVE MANTRA: KLEEM MANTRA (108)by MathinaMaideen 421,068 views
- 50:12 Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha 108 Times Ganesh Mantraby toneyrahulsharma 994,908 views
- 169 videos Play all gmantrasby Classic4280
- 8:27 Mantra OM NAMAH SHIVAY. Ascendend Master BABAJI. Mistrz BABAJIby wolnaplanetaPL 35,145 views
- 3:56 Mantra to remove Negative energy.by mirabaihelpers 522,179 views
- 8:18 MONEY MANTRA: BRZEE MANTRA ON KUBERA YANTRA (108)by MathinaMaideen 396,792 views
- 5:22 OM NAMAH SHIVAYA 108 Timesby Palaka Sarva 16,249 views
- 2:34:02 Om Namah Shivaya Part 26by Chinmaya Padhi 930,769 views
- 6:36 WEALTH MANTRA: SHREEM MANTRA (108)by MathinaMaideen 271,912 views
- 10:52 MAHALAXMI MANTRAby KISMAT KARMA 831,055 views
- 5:40 The Omby butterflygris 1,400,887 views
- 6:51 Om Namah Shivaya - Mantra-Singen mit Vishwanathby VidyaYoga 32,120 views
- 3:20 Lakshmi (Laxmi) Gayatri for Spiritual Wealth and Luxuriesby LilaSakura 1,912,209 views
- 7:59 Meditation on Soham Mantra - Yoga Meditationby yogabindu 288,930 views
- 36:14 Om Gam Ganpataye Namo Namah [Full Song] - Jai Jai Dev Ganeshby tseriesbhakti 805,839 views
- 7:20 End financial worries Chanting Om Brzee namahby Palaka Sarva 549,136 views
- 2:52 Ayushya Yajnam Dhanvantari Homam & Maha mrityunjaya Homamby gananathamritananda 13,305 views
- 1:45 Yoga Surya Namaskar Mantra(prayer to SUN)by aumprakash 151,167 views