Uploaded on Jun 21, 2011
Students planning to enter the health or science fields can complement their academic preparation with a range of experiences, such as community service, research experiences and internships. This internship offers you the chance to learn by doing in a setting where you are supervised by a work-place professional, and have the opportunity to achieve your own learning goals, without the responsibilities of being a permanent employee.
The University benefits by the enrichment to its educational program that results from a strong internship program. The University also benefits from the increased number of contacts with the community in which the university is situated, and the greater understanding that results from increased communication between the campus and its community.
Some of the specific projects for the Intern are listed
· Take the online research training course CITI training
· Tour of University of Nebraska Medical Center and Nebraska Medical Center
· Shadow their choice of a doctor, nurse, or researcher
· Plan and implement a community health or research project
· Plan and perform a community health service project
· Learn rudimentary anatomy/physiology and medical terminology
Who can participate?
· 10th-12th graders from the Metro Omaha area schools and college freshman
· Those who are economically and or educationally disadvantaged with a interest in health professions and or research.
Standard YouTube License