JConcepts #2166 Anti-Roll Bar Kit Install Video - Part 2
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 25, 2013
This video will help you install the JConcepts Anti-roll Bar kit (part# 2166) on the front of your SC10.2 or T4.2 vehicle.
Part 1 shows how to install on a SC10, SC10RS, SC10 RTR, T4.1 Front & Rear and B4.1 Rear.
Part 2 shows how to install the Anti-roll Bar kit on the front of a SC10.2 and T4.2.
Control is everything and especially in truck racing where the center of gravity is high and the trucks are narrow in width. Having a stable and race-able platform is the key to success and JConcepts has made that easier for racers with a Team Associated SC10, T4 or B4 vehicle. The JConcepts anti-roll-bar kit is the result of continuous driving on indoor, technical driving circuits which require the correct vehicle balance.
JConcepts, together with test drivers Brian Kinwald and Paul Wynn, sought out the proper pivot placement on the front and rear a-arms which provided the best performance point, which became the basis for the new design. The inner mounted locations place more emphasis on wire diameter and less mechanical advantage which allows the driver a more finely tuned piece.
The front inner placement position (SC10 and T4) is located by a carbon fiber bracket which neatly attaches to the front arm and shock assembly with included hardware. A mask template is provided to locate, mark and drill the rear inner placement position giving the advantageous position. From there, racers can choose from the 3 different roll-bar wire diameters for the front and rear in 1.2, 1.4 or 1.6mm diameters. Suspension arm to roll-bar connections are supplied by exclusive JConcepts molded open and closed ball-cups for proper length, positioning and ease of use.
The roll-bars are secured to the vehicle with a rotating "quad" bar mount which provides the hold for the pivoting action. Quad mounts can be rotated for different wire diameters which makes adjustments and changes extremely quick and simple. Drop-on the aluminum washers for the flat head screw installation and install the aluminum wire pivots and the anti-roll bar kit looks like a piece of fine craftsmanship ready for high-end racing.
JConcepts Anti-roll bar fits SC10.2 and T4.2 --
The JConcepts anti-roll bar kit can also be used on the SC10.2 and T4.2 generation gull-wing front suspension by using included components assembled in a different configuration. Follow the complete installation instructions and video showing tips, tricks and a detailed description on how to mount the anti-roll bar kit on vehicles such as the SC10, T4, B4 (rear), SC10.2 and T4.2.
Anti-roll bars explained --
Anti-roll bars control left to right chassis roll which play a significant part in the handling and suspension activity on any vehicle. On a medium or high traction surface, anti-roll bars restrict the excessive upward arm movement which stabilizes the vehicle and reduces excess chassis roll. Having the ability to control the pressure on the outside and inside tire gives the driver another tuning option to assist in making the vehicle easy to drive providing even more comfort at high-speed.
Chassis roll creates uneven traction on the inside and outside tires. A huge amount of force is placed on the outside tires, thus removing force on the inside tires. Excessive chassis roll unbalances the vehicle creating a vehicle that feels edgy; top heavy or hard to drive during hard cornering. The immediate answer in these conditions is the addition of an anti-roll bar.
When should you add an anti-roll bar kit to your vehicle?
You should consider getting an anti-roll bar kit if you run on a smooth surface with high-traction. A sweeping turn or turns which load the outside of the vehicle heavily, causing an unsettled feeling or a feeling of a traction roll.
Anti-roll bars on bumpy tracks don't allow your suspension to work independently, and make your vehicle difficult to drive so it's necessary to assess the track conditions prior to setting the roll-bar diameter or overall importance.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:25 The RCNetwork - Team Associated B44.2 Build Update 5by The RCNetwork Featured 1,886
- 15:07 JConcepts #2166 Anti-Roll Bar Kit Install Video - Part 1by JConceptsGarage2,346 views
- 11:26 JConcepts Equipped B4.2 - Part 1by JConceptsGarage295 views
- 15:06 Associated SC10.2 Factory Team Kit Build: Radio and Final Thoughtsby mudguyRC3,497 views
- 8:43 JConcepts #2235 B44 Aluminum Steering Rack Assemblyby JConceptsGarage1,147 views
- 15:51 JConcepts Equipped B4.2 - Part 2by JConceptsGarage220 views
- 10:30 Associated SC10.2 Factory Team Kit Build Series: Steering Buildby mudguyRC939 views
- 4:33 Quick Tip: Keep Your Car From Getting Stolenby StaceyDavidsGearZ66,997 views
- 2:07 Ryan Maifield SC10.2 at JConcepts Summer Indoor Nationals - Rawby IteratorRC7,248 views
- 15:39 SC10 4x4 - Additional Set-up tips - Average Joe's R/Cby Joe Ferguson7,218 views
- 6:50 JConcepts Equipped Stampede 4x4by JConceptsGarage91 views
- 3:55 Team Associated B4.2 Center Mounted Electronicsby ShortCourseWorld632 views
- 8:03 Sway bar / anti roll bar reviewby v11o10,037 views
- 2:54 SC10 review - Blister'n Racewayby Blister n Raceway1,810 views
- 11:49 The RCNetwork - Team Associated B44.2 Unboxingby The RCNetwork3,331 views
- 18:49 Honda Accord Sway Bar Bushings Replacementby Bushougoma63,859 views
- 2:22 Team Associated T4by THECRAZYTRUGGY6,862 views
- 5:37 Monster Energy Team Associated SC10.2 Pumping the Laps to Victory at Mitchell Park SAby Matzr RC637 views
- 9:02 How to Replace Sway Bar Bushingsby RatchetsAnd Wrenches11,213 views
- 2:19 Badass roll bar FORD F350by mtcentral5,189 views
- Loading more suggestions...