Robert Kennedy Announcing the Assasination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in Indiana 1968
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 13, 2009
Robert Kennedy announcing the death of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Both of these figures are historical role models to me. I admire each of their work and what they stood for as individuals.
I think of this speech often when I hear news like what has happened in Fort Hood Texas. My heart goes out to everyone who has los...t loved ones during this time. I know there is no justification that can ease the pain, however I do believe that we have to start deciding how we are going to start treating each other. Not just Americans, but all races through out every inch of this beautiful planet. If we continue to retaliate against each other, what will we have left? I think we all need to do a better job with how we treat each other and we need to watch what we say. I hate to think that a lot of the problems that happen today could be prevented if we all watched our mouths and our actions. I mention this, because even today while studying in the library I over heard two Asian students notifying a group of Caucasian students that they had reserved the study room that the Caucasian students were in. While the Caucasian students exited the room I heard one of them impersonating the Asian students. From the couch that I was sitting on I turned to look at the Asian students hoping that they had not heard those derogatory remarks, but unfortunately the looks on their faces as they watched the Caucasian students walk away was more than enough for any one to see that they were hurt. We really need to watch what we do, because we don't always see who we are affecting.
I can't even imagine being in Bobby's shoes and delivering that news that evening, but the message he delivered asks questions that we all should ask ourselves.
I apologize for getting on the soap box, but if we do not start to treat each other with respect we will have nothing left.
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Robert F. Kennedy Presidential Campaign Address April 5, 1968" on
Robert F. Kennedy
- 2:57 10 Assassinations That Shook The Worldby Alltime10s Featured 914,617
- 2:10:19 Malcolm X: Speeches and Interviews (1960-65)by ConspiracyScope250,246 views
- 26:02 The Assassination of Martin Luther King (Documentary)by AssassinationsBBC31,875 views
- 1:03:54 Inside Story - Who Killed Martin Luther Kingby Louis Klein8,520 views
- 26:01 EL ASESINATO DE MARTIN LUTHER KINGby summumxxi2,412 views
- 91 videos Play all Celebrity deathsby mike515089
- 1:27:36 Killing Kennedy Full Movie 2013by Smokeyy47,616 views
- 2:19:45 RFK - Bloodline Assassins (2013 Full Documentary)by Mark Howitt58,743 views
- 53:43 Larry Teeter- Who really killed Bobby Kennedy and Whyby jim T7,990 views
- 59:00 The JFK Assassination: Conspiracy, Photos, Facts, Autopsy, Documentary Evidence (2007)by The Film Archives95,422 views
- 9:43 MALCOLM X: OUR HISTORY WAS DESTROYED BY SLAVERYby Malcolm X2,821,466 views
- 2:16:51 Politics: Senator Kennedy's Funeral Service - nytimes.comby The New York Times42,883 views
- 9:52 Imagine What Fox News Would Sayby IAMtheNewWorldOrder142,807 views
- 8:10 Famous Deaths And News Breaking On Themby SportsByDallas573,553 views
- 6:10 John Lennon Famous Words Of Wisdomby iwillspyonyou731,260 views
- 10:00 The Murder Of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr - Part 1 - Dick Gregory and Steve Cokelyby mjrob1914198,491 views
- 2:17 RFK to Johnson: "Why did you kill you have my brother killedby MissCamilleToe610,066 views
- 45:19 Conspiracy 5/11 - Who Killed Martin Luther King Jr.by PauLusofono16,026 views
- 25:20 Martin Luther King Jr. on NBC's Meet the Press in 1965by NBC News894,201 views
- 9:57 Mindless Menace of Violence Bobby Kennedyby drevenkaine42,863 views