This video is unavailable.
Robert Kennedy Announcing the Assasination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in Indiana 1968
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 13, 2009
Robert Kennedy announcing the death of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Both of these figures are historical role models to me. I admire each of their work and what they stood for as individuals.
I think of this speech often when I hear news like what has happened in Fort Hood Texas. My heart goes out to everyone who has los...t loved ones during this time. I know there is no justification that can ease the pain, however I do believe that we have to start deciding how we are going to start treating each other. Not just Americans, but all races through out every inch of this beautiful planet. If we continue to retaliate against each other, what will we have left? I think we all need to do a better job with how we treat each other and we need to watch what we say. I hate to think that a lot of the problems that happen today could be prevented if we all watched our mouths and our actions. I mention this, because even today while studying in the library I over heard two Asian students notifying a group of Caucasian students that they had reserved the study room that the Caucasian students were in. While the Caucasian students exited the room I heard one of them impersonating the Asian students. From the couch that I was sitting on I turned to look at the Asian students hoping that they had not heard those derogatory remarks, but unfortunately the looks on their faces as they watched the Caucasian students walk away was more than enough for any one to see that they were hurt. We really need to watch what we do, because we don't always see who we are affecting.
I can't even imagine being in Bobby's shoes and delivering that news that evening, but the message he delivered asks questions that we all should ask ourselves.
I apologize for getting on the soap box, but if we do not start to treat each other with respect we will have nothing left.
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Robert F. Kennedy Presidential Campaign Address: April 5, 1968" on
Robert F. Kennedy
- 8:49 Martin Luther King and Malcolm X Debateby Raymond FisherFeatured 919,579
- 10:01 Bobby Kennedy's Speech for Humanityby thebirchswingers 100,422 views
- 9:43 Reagan and RFK (1967)by Mike Gardner 454,269 views
- 0:44 Ronald Reagan's reaction to John Lennon's deathby Mike Gardner 1,189,357 views
- 9:44 RFK Assassination As It Happened (Part 2 of 3)by StevenM818 260,528 views
- 91 videos Play all Celebrity deathsby mike515089
- 3:17 RFK - Final Journeyby Paul Stevens 225,845 views
- 9:41 RFK -Part 1 last speech Ambassador Hotelby JFK1963 132,775 views
- 3:28 MLK's Last Speechby CoachClaus 182,366 views
- 10:55 Ted Kennedy's Eulogy to RFK 2010by dunningda 36,790 views
- 48:45 Amazing Robert Kennedy Documentaryby queen889 37,364 views
- 6:10 John Lennon Famous Words Of Wisdomby iwillspyonyou 599,575 views
- 25:20 Martin Luther King Jr. on NBC's Meet the Press in 1965by NBCNews 871,457 views
- 22:48 Martin Luther King, "Why I Am Opposed to the War in Vietnam"by noncorporatenews 1,477,230 views
- 1:59 How Long? Not Long!by incogito 502,373 views
- 6:59 R.F.K.by eggman54 62,099 views
- 1:55 Bobby Kennedy: 'Tis Not Too Late to Seek A Newer Worldby Paul Lee 17,691 views
- 6:29 April 4, 1968: Martin Luther King Jr. Assassinatedby ABCNews 47,889 views
- 1:48 Ted Kennedy eulogy to his brother Robert 1968by historycomestolife 19,703 views
- 9:56 RFK part 2 Last Speech Ambassador Hotelby JFK1963 122,903 views
- 0:49 John Lennon Announced dead by Howard Cosell 1980by SlovakGrimReaper 3,007,076 views
- Loading more suggestions...