Inside Google+: Bradley Horowitz talks with Tim O'Reilly
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 23, 2011
Google is famously driven by data. Until Google+ that data was about web pages, places and news. Now that Google has added people to the mix, how will they use this data? Is social data really critical to Google's mission of organizing the world's information, or is it more relevant to their business model of advertising?
In a conversation with Tim O'Reilly, Bradley Horowitz (Google's VP of Product Management) will talk about Google's successful social network and the long-term value that it brings to users and Google itself.
This webcast is an extended preview of conversation taking place at O'Reilly's Strata Summit, Sept. 20-21, in New York City. Part of a weeklong series devoted to data, including Strata Jumpstart (Sept. 19) and the Strata Conference (Sept. 22-23), Strata Summit will look across the new economy of data, highlighting opportunities and challenges for business and society.
The conversation will touch on:
How the Google+ team thought about social data--design and policy principles that underly the service
What Google is learning from Google+ interaction data
Interesting or even surprising discoveries from Google+ data analysis
challenges and lessons on the infrastructure side
About Tim O'Reilly
Tim O'Reilly is the founder and CEO of O'Reilly Media, Inc., thought by many to be the best computer book publisher in the world. O'Reilly Media also hosts conferences on technology topics, including the O'Reilly Open Source Convention, the Web 2.0 Summit, Strata: The Business of Data, and many others. O'Reilly's Make: magazine and Maker Faire has been compared to the West Coast Computer Faire, which launched the personal computer revolution. Tim's blog, O'Reilly Radar, "watches the alpha geeks" to determine emerging technology trends, and serves as a platform for advocacy about issues of importance to the technical community. Tim is also a partner at O'Reilly AlphaTech Ventures, O'Reilly's early stage venture firm, and is on the board of Safari Books Online.
About Bradley Horowitz
Bradley Horowitz is Vice President of Product for Google's social products including Gmail, Blogger, Picasa, and the recently launched Google+ Project. He has also led product for Google's consumer application division which includes Gmail, Gtalk, Google Voice, Google Reader and Calendar. Before joining Google, Horowitz was Yahoo's VP of Advanced Development where he drove the acquisitions of Flickr and MyBlogLog, launched the Brickhouse incubator, and developed new products like Yahoo! Pipes. Previously, he was Co-Founder and CTO of Virage, where he oversaw the technical direction of the company from its founding through its IPO and eventual acquisition by Autonomy. Horowitz has a B.S. in Computer Science from the University of Michigan, and an M.S. in Media Science from the MIT Media Lab.
Standard YouTube License
- 54:05 Discovery of Earth-Sized Worlds - Google+ Hangoutby Fraser CainFeatured 18,857
- 10:54 Velocity 2011: Tim O'Reilly, "O'Reilly Radar"by OreillyMedia 3,098 views
- 25:30 Strata Summit 2011: Bradley Horowitz, "Google+ The Power of Social Data"by OreillyMedia 432 views
- 15:44 Tim O'Reilly interviewed by Forbes Editor Jon Brunerby OreillyMedia 3,156 views
- 1:06:15 Web 2.0 Summit 2010: Mark Zuckerberg, "A Conversation with Mark Zuckerberg"by OreillyMedia 564,104 views
- 2:36 What is Google+ (Google Plus) and do I need it?by Epipheo 914,967 views
- 1:34 Google+ Update: Reshare Posts from the Google+ Android Appby Google+ 12,621 views
- 47:34 Tim O'Reilly and Dave Campbell Explore How to Accelerate Insights from Databy OreillyMedia 3,124 views
- 3:53 First Look at Google's Facebook killer, Google+by CNETTV 166,904 views
- 1:57 New +1 Button Features: Sharing on Google+, and +Snippetsby Google+ 46,531 views
- 1:01:50 Google+ Photographer's Conference Opening Keynoteby kelbymediagroup 6,000 views
- 0:43 Apple Data Center: Mission NOT Impossibleby Don Sudy 26,993 views
- 44:48 Web 2.0 Summit 2010: Eric Schmidt, "A Conversation with Eric Schmidt"by OreillyMedia 264,625 views
- 11:39 Joseph Smarr (Google), interviewed at OSCON 2011by OreillyMedia 5,122 views
- 3:56 How to use Google+ Tutorial (Basics)by tbonepearson 101,779 views
- 1:51 Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin on Bing and Yahooby ForaTv 99,113 views
- 15:50 Web 2.0 Expo SF 2011: Reid Hoffman, "A Conversation with Reid Hoffman"by OreillyMedia 4,378 views
- 0:54 Robert Scoble turns down $500k from Idealabby loiclemeur 959 views
- 30:35 Web 2.0 Summit: Vic Gundotra and Sergey Brin, " A Conversation with..."by OreillyMedia 36,612 views
- 1:03:59 Dalai Lama & Desmond Tutu in a Google+ Hangout On Airby Google+ 74,003 views
- Loading more suggestions...