Study Finds Community Involvement a Key Factor in Americans Taking Charge of Their Lives
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 27, 2013
RADNOR, Pa., September 24, 2013 /3BL Media/ -- Lincoln Financial Group (NYSE: LNC) released new findings from its M.O.O.D. (Measuring Optimism, Outlook, and Direction) of America study the company released in May that show an increased level of empowerment among respondents who take an active role in giving their time and resources to their local communities.
According to the study findings, 67 percent of those polled said being involved in their community is an important influence on efforts to take charge of their lives. The survey also indicated that most of those polled (96%) believe accomplishment is about achieving something to be proud of rather than material gain.
"Many Americans today feel passionately about making a difference in their local communities," said Nancy Rogers, senior vice president and president of the Lincoln Financial Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Lincoln Financial. "Even though financial issues are still a priority for them, people aspiring to take charge are focused on positively transforming the lives of others, too. The work these dedicated people undertake help create stronger communities across the country."
A Part of the Community
Lincoln Financial interviewed residents of Fort Wayne, Ind., which once was home to the company's headquarters and today serves as a key city office location. The video—which can be viewed by visiting Lincoln's YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/user/LincolnFinancialGr
Shot during the annual United Way of Allen County's Day of Caring event last month, this newest video release highlights volunteers discussing their involvement in an event that saw more than 1,000 people—including the city's mayor, Tom Henry—spend the day working on dozens of service projects.
"To me giving is much, much better than receiving, and we've got 1,000 people here today who want to give back to the community," Henry said during the event. "It's our citizens that add to the quality of life—to the aesthetics of our community. That's why we're here. They believe in Ft. Wayne. They love Ft. Wayne. They're willing to take a day off their schedules to give back."
The M.O.O.D. research—which looked at the attitudes and behaviors Americans have toward health, personal growth and finances—found although that financial security is key for Americans, it wasn't their sole focus when it came to taking charge of their lives. Nearly all of those polled (96%) felt having enough money to do what they want to do is important. Yet less than two in three (63%) said being wealthy is significant.
The results indicate a great deal of optimism and inspiration does not stem from wealth, but is drawn from everyday behaviors--especially making an impact in the community. Of those polled in the M.O.O.D. study, 94% of them strongly agreed that even though times are tough in their community, they try to stay positive.
Additional installments in the M.O.O.D. series will be released throughout the year. The content will be featured on Lincoln Financial's Facebook page and YouTube channel, as well as reside on the company's website and Chief Life Officer microsite.
For more information on the M.O.O.D. of American study, including companion materials Lincoln Financial has released as part of its outreach, please visit www.lincolnfinancial.com/clo.
About the M.O.O.D of America
Results for the current M.O.O.D. of America poll (Measuring Optimism, Outlook and Direction) are based on an online survey conducted by Whitman Insight Strategies (WINS), on behalf of Lincoln Financial Group. The research was conducted in late March 2013, among 2,322 adults 18 years of age and older across the United States.
The margin of error is +/- 1.9% for the entire sample. The sample was weighted by gender, age, region, race and ethnicity. Demographic weighting targets are based on the 2010 U.S. Census figures for adults 18 years of age and older.
About Lincoln Financial Group
Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. With headquarters in the Philadelphia region, the companies of Lincoln Financial Group had assets under management of $189 billion as of June 30, 2013. Through its affiliated companies, Lincoln Financial Group offers: annuities; life, group life, disability and dental insurance; employer-sponsored retirement plans; savings plans; and comprehensive financial planning and advisory services. For more information, including a copy of our most recent SEC reports containing our balance sheets, please visit www.LincolnFinancial.com.
Standard YouTube License
- 29:12 "The First 24 Hours" A WROL Situation Film by HPFirearmsby usbrotherhood11b19,226 views
- 28:32 The Real America - Episode 4 - Financial Well Beingby MetroCableNetwork624 views
- 5:13 John Deere Traktor steckt im Fluss festby bongerbank4930,914 views
- 30:12 reRoute: Promoting University Community Investment through Student Action and Community Partnershipsby Efssociety107 views
- 36:17 Talking Point: Will the Communal Violence Bill further divide communities?by IBNLive939 views
- 29:52 NEWS TAKING CHARGE RESULTSby 5citytv4 views
- 14:15 How people are gaining financial security today - key principles...by Jim Nguyen4 views
- 51:52 "WROL: Rules of Engagement" by Nutnfancyby nutnfancy140,177 views
- 5:20 Our journey to build our pole barn house.by 98colter21,318 views
- 19:59 Prepper WROL SURVIVAL AND BUGOUT LEVEL 1by MAINEPREPPER46,225 views
- 3:49 Build a Garage, Workshop, Pole Barn, Houseby SocketSystems405,961 views
- 4:08 11/19/2013 AMERICAN KEY COPY TAKE 2by BEST LOCK COLLECTOR USA26 views
- 1:36 Save Our Stores : Community Involvementby Goddard Gunster16 views
- 1:58:23 Traktor Tom HD 11 odcinków, 2h bajki w dobrej jakościby Traktor tom po polsku nowe odcinki 2013230,287 views
- 5:24 Business Communitiesby Zorro de la Vega2 views
- 13:40 Breyer Barn Tour Updates of GGSby jutland5647,007 views
- 2:18 Volunteerism and Elderlyby Aging and Disability Resources2 views
- 1:57 [HQ] Toronto mayor receiving helpby asşsldkhjaskdljch4 views
- 6:07 Study finds key link responsible for colon cancer initiation and metastasisby Drupal Manek1 view
- 1:34 Key Responsibilities of a Dental Office Managerby Michelle H. Feierabend31 views
- Loading more suggestions...