The Path to Prosperity Budget: Your Country. Your Future. Your Choice.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 19, 2012
House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan details what the choice of two futures means: a path to debt and decline versus a stronger, more prosperous path of less debt, lower taxes, and greater opportunity for generations to come. Learn more about The Path to Prosperity: A Blueprint For American Renewal here:
Americans have a choice to make.
A choice that's going to determine our country's future.
Will it be a future that looks like the America we know? One of greater opportunity, greater prosperity...
Or...more of what we're seeing today...debt, doubt and decline.
Americans, not Washington, should decide.
In 2010, voters asked for an alternative to the direction government was taking the country.
Last year House Republicans responded by passing a budget to control government spending.
And we're back with a budget that offers real solutions again.
Make no mistake, years of empty promises from both political parties got us in this mess today....
But when it comes to the federal budget, the Democrat-led Senate hasn't..even..proposed one in 3 years.
They continue to spend, but there's zero accountability.
The President has proposed a budget, but it calls for more spending and more debt.
Despite imposing roughly 2 trillion dollars in tax increases on hardworking taxpayers,
the debt still skyrockets under his plan, and it will put us on par with countries like Greece.
That will mean...sudden cuts to benefits, sudden tax increases, and really a fundamental change to the American way of life as we know it.
This doesn't have to be our future.
Instead, we've shared with Americans a specific plan of action that cuts spending, pays off the debt and gets our economy back on the path to prosperity.
Real, specific reform is needed to strengthen the health and retirement security of seniors and the economic security of all Americans.
We've shown how, under the President's health care law, Medicare goes bankrupt.
And we've exposed how his law takes control away from current seniors, and gives that power to a board of fifteen unelected bureaucrats.
Our plan includes no changes for those in or near retirement and, instead of government bureaucrats, puts patients in control of their health care decisions.
We've proposed tax reform that's common sense -- a plan that lowers tax rates and closes special interest loopholes so our tax code is fairer, simpler, and more competitive. That's how we'll create a healthier environment for businesses to hire and expand.
The common thread here is that our plan takes power away from Washington... and gives it back to the individual.
Because it's the American people, not bureaucrats in Washington, who make this nation what it is.
Now, it's up to the people to demand from their government a better budget, a better plan, and a choice between two futures.
The question is: which future will we choose?
Standard YouTube License
- 5:18 President Obama Attacks Ryan Budget In Speech But...by The Young Turks Featured 40,155
- 4:53 Tim Geithner to Paul Ryan: "We don't have a definitive solution... We just don't like yours"by HouseBudgetCommittee165,493 views
- 9:39 Paul Ryan on Fox News Sundayby HouseBudgetCommittee18,077 views
- 4:09 Path to Prosperity (Episode 3): 3 Steps to Pro-Growth Tax Reform -- VISUALIZEDby HouseBudgetCommittee92,576 views
- 4:54 The Path to Prosperity (Episode 2): Saving Medicare, Visualizedby HouseBudgetCommittee171,807 views
- 27:48 Paul Ryan's CPAC 2012 Keynote Addressby prosperityaction42,783 views
- 3:37 Paul Ryan attempts an adult conversation on debt & entitlement reformby RepPaulRyan614,281 views
- 2:13 Ouch! Watch Rep. Paul Ryan Spank Former Obama Advisor Austan Goolsbeeby jim hoft195,490 views
- 6:08 Paul Ryan grills President Obama at Health Care Summitby TheUnitedStatists65,230 views
- 1:30:51 Full VP Debate - Joe Biden and Paul Ryan - Vice Presidential Debate Fullby WSJDigitalNetwork25,377 views
- 6:26 Ron Paul Owns Fed Proponentby JesseKantstopolis88,262 views
- 3:46 Ryan to Geithner - Why propose a budget you admit is not credible, not sustainable?by RepPaulRyan143,844 views
- 6:12 Paul Ryan Takes Apart Obamacare in 6 Minutesby GooberTheUncouth514,483 views
- 12:15 Paul Ryan The Path to Prosperity (Full Video)by MaDmOnkyKungFu11,842 views
- 2:23 Paul Ryan Destroys Debbie Wasserman-Schultz in Obamacare Debateby 912erSTL616,846 views
- 2:50 Paul Ryan Takes Chris Matthews "To School" On Deficits and Taxesby FirstPatriots492,771 views
- 1:54 Vice President Joe Biden Gets Booed at St. Patrick's Day Parade in Pittsburghby goprapidresponse198,068 views
- 5:33 IRS Hearings - Paul Ryan Nails it !!!!!by David Anton41,897 views
- 6:10 President Obama Highlights Paul Ryan's Efforts to Save Medicare & Social Securityby RepPaulRyan78,562 views
- 6:12 Paul Ryan: Hiding Spending Doesn't Reduce Spendingby AmericanRoadmap1,331,144 views
- Loading more suggestions...