AntiGravity® Yoga at Raffa Yoga
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 29, 2011
Madonna, Pink, and Mariah Carey, these three mega musicians literally soar to new heights because they understand the power of Antigravity Yoga. Whether you want to get into the groove, get the party started, or fly like a bird this newest trend in yoga is sure to make participants feel like a superstar.
Raffa Yoga owner and Urban Sweat creator Christine Raffa has created a mega yoga complex in Rhode Island. The Neuromuscular Therapist has built a fifteen thousand square foot eco-friendly complex and is a training site for Antigravity Yoga. Unlike traditional yoga Antigravity Yoga is done in silk hammocks.
"Clearly the best reaction after Antigravity Yoga is the release of endorphins that happen as you invert," says Raffa. "It stimulates the pituitary gland which is the master mood gland, turning upside down is one of the only natural ways to make this happen. Antigravity yoga manufactures smiles.
The goal of Antigravity Yoga is to create a fun, well balanced work out, accessible to everyone. Antigravity Yoga creator Christopher Harrison adds, "The greatest unique physical advantage that no other technique can boast is zero-compression inversions from the base of the spine. Hanging upside down in the hammock not only decompresses the spinal column, but also refreshes the circulatory system, the endocrine system and releases endorphins (aka happy hormones). Joints are hydrated and remobilized through gyro-kinetic actions that the hammock apparatus allows. What's more the proprioceptors (the sensory receptors in our body that tell us where we are in time and space) are sharpened exponentially through the multiple planes of motion the technique works within. All of this AND it's a blast!"
Nestled in Raffa's mega yoga complex is Urban Sweat. The first of its kind in the country Urban Sweat offers a number of unique services. Raffa says, in addition, to her more than forty weekly yoga classes she wanted to build a place for people to relax, renew, and refresh, "Six heat therapy rooms offer a variety of ways to heal the mind body and soul,"
"If you're suffering from sinus or lung issues or simply want to help give your skin that youthful glow the Himalayan Salt Grotto could be one of your relaxation destinations. If your looking to boost your metabolism or help lower your cholesterol you may want to visit the Black Charcoal Room. If sore muscles, or poor circulation are an issue the Eucalyptus Steam Room could help ease the pain while rejuvenating your skin. There is a room to help heal and relax every part of your body inside and out."
Urban Sweat and Raffa Yoga located at 19 Sharpe Drive in Cranston, RI offers a variety of ways to workout, relax and rejuvenate. For more information about Raffa Yoga, Antigravity Yoga and Urban Sweat log onto raffayoga.com.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:56 One Food that Destroys Gainsby strengthcamp Featured 767,857
- 8:53 Antigravity Yoga by Atmaby Gauranga Das1,482 views
- 4:35 QUEENAX ANTIGRAVITY YOGA CHRISTOPHER HARRISON @AUDACE PALESTRE MILANO ITALYby QueenaxTraining13,522 views
- 1:53:52 RISD Precollege Preview, March 3rd, 2012by RISD CE1,549 views
- 3:54 antigravityoga , yoga aereo , yoga swing mexicoby amalayoga10,673 views
- 3:52 Your World Fitness - AntiGravity® Yogaby urpages5,737 views
- 3:30 Clubs-DiR-Antigravityby DiRBarcelona2,454 views
- 5:21 AG Yoga on The Viewby AntiGravityNyc66,585 views
- 6:40 AntiGravity® Yoga "Cocooning" is featured on Good Morning America - August 2011by Christopher Harrison80,568 views
- 49:53 CORSO ALLA QUEENAX DI instruttrice di antigravity yoga METODO VALBONESI 2011by antigravityit1,499 views
- 6:39 Janis Ian "At Seventeen"by liveviddy255,843 views
- 2:09 Urban Sweatby RaffaYogaOnline4,423 views
- 6:13 Integrated Reflexology - a demonstrationby willamettewellness6,769 views
- 1:36 ER - Mark Greene's Last Patientby Perla Glez.99,505 views
- 2:13 Introductionby RaffaYogaOnline2,324 views
- 1:51 Latest Fitness Craze Lets You Swing Your Way to Sexy -- Anti-Gravity Yogaby incrediblefeatures2,161 views
- 11:03:40 Tibetan Healing Sounds 11 hours - Tibetan bowls for meditation, relaxation, calming, healingby Yoga & Soft Music ~ YogaYak293,298 views
- 35:43 Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack Abs Workout- Level 1by Lionsgate BeFit9,553,623 views
- 6:52 Ellen DeGeneres ~ "I Love Jesus But I Drink A Little" With Gladys From Austin, Texas (Complete)by I Am Indy2,572,812 views
- 2:11 Anti Gravity Yogaby KOAT60,616 views
- Loading more suggestions...