Beat the Bad Bugs: Study Entomology - UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 20, 2011
Text-only transcript: http://www.caes.uga.edu/global/media/...
Study Entomology: http://students.caes.uga.edu/undergra...
Graduates from the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences at UGA have many job opportunities in the state of Georgia and around the world.
Descriptive Text for Video
[ Music ]
The scene opens with Ben Brewer at the pier on the north end of Jekyll Island sitting next to a tree with a view of the ocean behind him. Brewer, a male graduate of the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, is explaining his job.
The scene changes to a sand crab scurrying across the sand.
The scene moves to Clam Creek where Brewer is standing on a walking bridge that goes over the creek. He is pointing to the marsh land and talking about his degree in Entomology.
The scene returns to Brewer, talking about the mosquito season at Jekyll and St. Simons Islands.
The scene changes to Brewer and two other people collecting mosquitos in a field.
The scene returns to Brewer, at the pier, continuing his talk about the mosquito season at Jekyll and St. Simons Islands.
The scene moves to Brewer taking pictures on a beach access road and talking about the economy of Jekyll and St. Simons Islands.
The scene changes to Brewer standing next to trees, the ocean behind him, talking about rain.
The scene changes to a drainage pipe with water flowing through it.
The scene returns to Brewer standing next to trees, the ocean behind him, continuing to talk about rain and how it affects Jekyll and St. Simons Islands.
The scene cuts to a photo of a finger covered with mosquitos. Brewer is talking about his first entomology class ñ Urban Entomology ñ taught by Dr. Brian Forschler.
The scene changes to Dr. Forschler's lab where he and two female students are looking at an aquarium filled with insects.
The scene moves to Dr. Forschler and two female students are examining insects.
The scene changes to Brewer standing next to Clam Creek explaining that Dr. Forschler is the faculty member that had the most influence on him.
The scene returns to Brewer at the pier on the north end of Jekyll Island.
End of video
(c) 2011 University of Georgia
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Office of Communications and Technology Services
Standard YouTube License
- 57:53 A Taste for Insectsby UCtelevisionFeatured 1,669
- 1:16 Get Down to Business: Study Agribusinessby UniversityOfGeorgia 770 views
- 2:57 Kudzu Bugby UniversityOfGeorgia 14,196 views
- 2:30 Use Science to Improve Food Safety & Nutrition: Study Food Science & Technologyby UniversityOfGeorgia 2,070 views
- 2:30 Work with the Final Frontier: Study Agricultural Engineeringby UniversityOfGeorgia 1,341 views
- 7:01 Dr Oz And Bed Bugs!by ridofbedbugs 30,093 views
- 45:00 Megafactories | Boeing 747 - National Geographic HD [EN] HDby DocumentaryHD2 15,362 views
- 2:20 A Good Reason to Grow Your Garden Organically: A Praying Mantisby thenewsurvivalist 2,540 views
- 47:09 National Geographic - Ancient Megastructures Angkor Wat HD (Multi-lang Sub)by Vichet Mam 22,424 views
- 6:58 Bed Bugs Attack!by Kyle Tekiela 1,569,618 views
- 58:30 Introduction to Entomology Part Iby UCtelevision 17,703 views
- 5:42 B.U.G. Farms Backyard Urban Gardeningby Eco Jaunt 1,725 views
- 5:47 How to Get Rid of Bed Bugsby killallbedbugs 252,840 views
- 4:18 Entomologyby sciencehappenshere 4,027 views
- 13:36 CO2 Bedbug Trap - Making Trapsby JnSavedByTheBell 48,801 views
- 46:46 Hawaii Super Ferry - Mega Structures - National Geographic Documentaryby InnovaTech4U 44,004 views
- 5:43 Hundreds of Bed Bugs Biting a Man's Armby DarkBanquet1 3,849,830 views
- 2:46 Forensic Entomologyby fearlessaggie 18,915 views
- 6:29 Live in a Day insect collectingby shunjapdia 910 views
- 2:40 What to Do Once You've Discovered Bed Bugsby About 37,099 views
- Loading more suggestions...