Bill Evans - "Live at Art D'Lugoff's Top of The Gate" Documentary Video
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 2, 2012
Order the digital download with digital booklet $15.99 http://www.iTunes.com/BillEvansLive
Order the 2 CD Deluxe Digi-pack - $21.98
Limited edition 3LP, 180 gram box set 1st pressing of 3,000 - $69.98
*(free poster with purchase while supplies last)
2 CD Deluxe Digi-pack:
A newly unearthed discovery of Bill Evans recorded in Greenwich Village, NYC on October 23, 1968.
Featuring Eddie Gomez-Bass & Marty Morell-Drums.
2 Complete Never Before Released concerts!
All previously unheard performances.
The only Evans recording ever released from The Village Gate.
Digitally remastered from the original tapes recorded & mixed live providing stellar sound & clarity.
Features rare tracks (in some cases recorded live with the Bill Evans trio for the very first time).
Deluxe 2 CD digi-pack contains 28 page booklet with essays by Nat Hentoff, Gary Burton, Eddie Gomez, Marty Morell, George Klabin & Art D'Lugoff's son, Raphael D'Lugoff.
Includes iconic photos by Tom Copi, Jan Persson, Raymond Ross, Fred Seligo, & Herb Snitzer.
Interesting historical documents including contracts, postcards, family photos and more.
Limited 3LP Box Set Edition:
180 gram vinyl pressed on 12" LP's at 45 RPM by
Record Technology Incorporated (R.T.I.).
Deluxe hand numbered (lift off) 13"x13") box by Ross-Ellis.
Mastered by Bernie Grundman.
Includes 4 panel 12" x 12" version of the CD booklet.
With Live at Art D'Lugoff's Top of the Gate, Resonance Records offers listeners a table at the front of the stage for a stellar performance by one of jazz's greatest trios. It's October 23, 1968 in Greenwich Village, and legendary pianist Bill Evans is joined by bassist Eddie Gomez and drummer Marty Morell for two top-notch sets, represented here in their entirety. Aired only once, on Columbia University radio station WKCR-FM, this concert hasn't been heard for more than forty years and has never been released in any form.
"This gives people a good idea of what it must have been like to be in the room at the time and experience the music," says producer Zev Feldman. "We've done everything short of building a time machine."
The credit for the recording's remarkable clarity and intimacy rests entirely with George Klabin, then a 22-year-old recording engineer granted unprecedented access to the date by Evans' longtime manager, Helen Keane. Jazz fans can be forgiven for being skeptical after countless long-lost jazz recordings have hit the market only to sound as if they were transmitted over the telephone via a bad connection on a stormy night. Klabin, however, conscientiously positioned separate microphones on each member of the trio, yielding a pristine mix that's the next best thing to being there. This is, quite possibly, the best-engineered and most gorgeous-sounding live recording ever made of Evans.
More info at http://www.resonancerecords.org/artis...
Standard YouTube License
- 2:19:22 The Way To Play - Bill Evans [FULL ALBUM] [HQ]by YourJazz Fix Featured 299,970
- 41:58 The Solo Sessions, Vol. 1 - Bill Evans (Full Album)by Kevin Gonzalez3,335 views
- 58:45 Bill Evans - Complete Last Performance'79by Friskounet93,534 views
- 29:39 1970- Bill Evans, Eddie Gomez, Martin Morrel- Interview & Concertby MUSICADEL CONOSUR4,894 views
- 1:06:34 Smooth Jazz Christmas ( Full Album )by xmistermister668x62,832 views
- Bill Evans 4,790 videos5
- 8:41 Bill Evans Trio - Alfie by Dorian Grey74,021 views
- 5:21 Bill Evans Trio - Midnight Mood by Dorian Grey11,369 views
- 11 videos Play all Bill Evans Trio, London, 19 Mar 65by kenjames64
- 4:11 Wes Montgomery - "Echoes of Indiana Avenue" Documentary Videoby resonancerecords13,418 views
- 8:18 Bill Evans Trio - Emily by Dorian Grey48,805 views
- 57:39 Bill Evans Trio 'Live at Maintenance Shop 1979'by sergio balint39,103 views
- 53:26 BILL EVANS SINCE WE MET FULL ALBUMby Alceyus61,767 views
- 1:10:43 Bill Evans Trio on Jazz 625 FULLby nijazz71125,017 views
- 4:21 Wes Montgomery - "Echoes of Indiana Avenue" Documentary Videoby resonancerecords5,284 views
- 1:05:45 Bill Evans Trio Waltz For Debbyby David Aaronson23,774 views
- 9:51 Lori Bell & Tamir Hendelman - Something's Comingby resonancerecords1,344 views
- 3:05:58 Romantic Saxophone collection part2by behuppyforever217,995,835 views
- 12:03 WDR Big Band featuring Bill Evans Soulgrass 2009 by Per Hvidbjerg19,604 views
- 8:01 Julie London & The Hi-Los Blues Medley - Colour Tv Showby Allan Gange19,445 views