Rosemary Garlic Parsnip Mashed Potatoes Recipe (8.16.12 - Day 4) Vegan
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 17, 2012
Parsnips are the amazing white things next to the carrots at the grocery store. I first had parsnips about a year and a half ago after watching Bitchin' Kitchen. She sautéed hers, so I sautéed my parsnips. They turned out to be the perfect little chips. But the Parsnip is great for more than just frying. You can use them to replace mashed potatoes. I have seen it done several times, but never tried it myself. Paula Deen has about 5 potato recipes in the Southern Cooking Bible that I will be veganizing, so let's start with the Buttery Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Parsnip Mashed Potatoes Recipe
1 pound of parsnips
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons vegan butter
3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
Cleanse and peel rough areas of the parsnips.
Chop the parsnips into small, equal sized chunks.
Toss them into the water and boil for 20-25 minutes until fork tender.
Remove the boiling pot from the heat and drain the water.
Place about a third of the cooked parsnips into the food processor along with the almond milk, vegan butter, garlic, rosemary, and salt. Blend until smooth.
Dunk the rest of the tender parsnip chunks into the processor and blend all it together until smooth.
You can serve them Parsnip mash as you would mashed potatoes. Perfect side dish for any family dinner.
The Parsnip Mashed Potatoes pretty much have the same texture as mashed potatoes. As for flavor, these obliviously taste like rosemary and garlic, but as for parsnips I would say: If carrots are the life of the party, parsnips are the pretty shy girl in the corner. She brings you nice calm subtle flavor without all the dramatics.
Attribution and other parsnip mashed potato recipes:
HungryNation How To Make Parsnip Puree : Hungry in Brooklyn
DelectablePlanet Parsnip Mashed Potatoes
About Southern Queen of Vegan Cuisine Project
Inspired by the Julie and Julia Project, the Southern Queen of Vegan Cuisine will take on the Paula Deen Southern Cooking Bible. Veganizing 328 butter-laden, pork-filled recipes in 328 days. This is a test . . . this is only a test of skill, imagination, and physical & mental fortitude.
Paula Deen's Southern Cooking Bible: The New Classic Guide to Delicious Dishes with More Than 300 Recipes
Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously
Standard YouTube License
Next in The Southern Queen of Vegan Cuisine Project - 328 recipes
- 9:53 1947 Are You Popular? (Coronet Instructional Film)by TOFs -Tolly's Old FilmsFeatured 33,710
- 7:45 Baked Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe (8.13.12 - Day 1) Unfried, Low Fat, Vegan, Healthyby TheSweetestVegan 3,601 views
- 4:27 Vegan Fried Catfish Sandwich Recipe (8.17.12 - Day 5) Fried Zucchini Fish Fillet Planksby TheSweetestVegan 5,381 views
- 3:27 Sweet Potato Mashed Potatoes Recipe (8.18.12 - Day 6) Vegan with Datesby The Sweetest Vegan 4,976 views
- 58:31 Vegeterian Cooking - 3abn-Cooking Hot dogs and Pattiesby samkadya 3,230 views
- 5:16 Roast Rib of Beef with Roasted Carrots, Leeks and Parsnips- Marco Pierre White recipe videoby Knorr Recipes by Marco Pierre White 18,558 views
- 5:08 How to make the Perfect Mash - Mashed Potato Recipeby HillTribeProductions 5,774 views
- 4:26 Corned Cabbage Recipe (8.14.12 - Day 2) Everything not Corned Beefby TheSweetestVegan 2,224 views
- 3:50 Mashed Cauliflower - Let's Cook with Brooke Burke and ModernMomby ModernMom 3,915 views
- 3:24 Vegetarian Cooking : Vegetarian Zucchini Recipesby eHow Food 5,609 views
- 10:34 YAHCNA'S SOULFUL VEGAN FAJITASby Yahcna 6,635 views
- 3:48 How to Grow Giant Carrots & Parsnipsby Dan's Pottery Throwing & Making Videos. 12,481 views
- 25:48 CrossFit - Gary Taubes: Why We Get Fat (Unabridged) Part 1by CrossFit 62,125 views
- 7:37 Wegmans Vegan Shepherd's Pieby wegmansfoodmarkets 2,877 views
- 21:00 Good Eats S13E05 Undercover Veggies I (Parsnip) (HD).mp4by Good Eats 17,341 views
- 9:12 Roasted Vegetable Stewby LadyYumYumShow 2,455 views
- 6:00 CHICKEN SATAY RECIPE - SORTED - Book Competitionby SORTED Food 39,052 views
- 3:26 Sprouted Grains, Dandruff, Fungus, French Toastby cintronbrandon's channel 964 views
- 8:42 Natural Garden: Wild on Permacultureby ArkOrganic 1,069 views