The United States Overthrow of Democracy in Greece - CIA Coups
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 27, 2009
Music & Video by CapitalistHolocaust
For information a truly free society would neither fear nor supress, please Subscribe.
In 1967 the United States of America overthrew democracy in Greece & installed a fascist military dictatorship, under the leadership of George Papadopoulos.
According to an Amnesty International report on January 27 1968, the U.S. backed regime routinely used a variety of tortures against the resistance, such as:
* Falanga; Beating the soles of the feet with a stick or pipe
* Tearing out the hair from the head and the pubic region
* Pulling out toe nails and finger nails
* Jumping on the stomach
* Electric Shocks
* Sexual Torture
Although some of the CIA documents on Greece were authorized to be declassified, they were held back following complaints from the US embassy in Greece & never released.
A lengthy declassified US State Dept report on Greece gives the overall appearance that the overthrow of George Papandreou in Greece was not given the go ahead & that the United States only conspired with Papadopoulos & the King to subvert democracy in Greece.
But, sworn testimony that George Papadopoulos received money from the CIA was gathered by Greek investigating judges & U.S. officials have acknowledged that Papadopoulos was in the pay of the CIA.
"In Greece, the British army took over after the Nazis had withdrawn, displacing the Greek guerrillas and imposing a brutal and corrupt regime....The US stepped into the breach under the Truman Doctrine in 1947, launching a murderous counterinsurgency war, complete with the full panoply of devices soon to be employed elsewhere: massacre, torture, expulsion, reeducation camps, and so on.
A CIA study warned of 'the possible loss of the petroleum resources of the Middle East' if the revolt against the right-wing government imposed by British Military force were not crushed.
Though Stalin was in fact adhering to the 'spheres of influence' agreement he had reached with Churchill, a Soviet threat was concocted in the routine manner, and Greece was 'pacified' by a bloody campaign of terror and torture that took 160,000 lives, restored the old order including Nazi collaborators, and opened the country to U.S. investment and control, with consequences that persist until today.
Twenty years later, the US supported the first fascist restoration in Europe (also, the first government headed by a CIA agent, Colonel Papadopoulos, who was the liaison between the CIA and its Greek counterpart, virtually a subsidiary)."
- Noam Chomsky
The son of a Greek Military hero, Philip Deane, served in the British Royal Navy during WWII. He was captured & imprisoned for 33 months by the Communists in Korea, whilst working as a Journalist.
Deane saw himself as a martyr for the ideals of Western democracy.
In his book "I should have died" Deane describes how he became disillusioned & disgusted with the West after he went to work as Secretary General for King Constantine of Greece & discovered the King's plot to seize power in collaboration with the British & the U.S. & the CIA's support for the Colonels who overthrew democracy & installed a fascist military regime.
Deane describes the pressure the Greeks were put under to accept a Turkish Military Base/Partition of the Island of Cyprus. Describing US President Lyndon Johnson's conversation with Greek Ambassador Matsas thus:
"...listen to me, Mr Ambassador," said Lyndon Johnson, "**** your Parliament and your Constitution. America is an elephant. Cyprus is a flea. Greece is a flea. If those two fleas continue itching the elephant, they may just get whacked by the elephant's trunk, whacked good. We pay a lot of good American dollars to the Greeks, Mr Ambassador. If your Prime Minister gives me talk about Democracy, Parliament and Constitutions, he, his Parliament and his Constitution may not last very long."
"Don't forget to tell old Papa what's his name what I told you. Mind you tell him, You hear?"
More from Deane's book:
"After the fall of the colonels, Greek investigating judges gathered sworn testimony that George Papadopoulos received a personal stipend from the American CIA agents and that he was the man through whom they paid stipends to the rest of the KYP employees."
"The coup is near. And the Americans are backing it: all my sources say so."
- Lakis Gigantes (Philip Deane's father), former chief of intelligence at the general staff.
Democracy at Gunpoint - Andreas Papandreou
I Should Have Died - Philip Dean
The Greek Tragedy - Constantine Tsoucalas
Turning the Tide - Noam Chomsky
World Orders Old & New - Noam Chomsky
Killing Hope - William Blum
New York Times
State Dept Volume XVI Foreign Relations, 1964-1968 Cyprus; Greece; Turkey
Standard YouTube License
- 5:35 Financial "Crisis" in Greeceby mrpanosblog Featured 785,495
- 52:24 Η ΑΓΝΩΣΤΗ ΑΝΤΙΣΤΑΣΗ ΚΑΤΑ ΤΗΣ ΔΙΚΤΑΤΟΡΙΑΣ - Μέρος 1οby spirt0s2,409 views
- 1:11:37 Coup de force 2by Gohou Michel12,522 views
- 6:37 Noam Chomsky on Nazi Collaboration in France, Italy, Greece & the Netherlands (4/8)by ChomskyInNederland5,394 views
- 1:12:39 Coup de Force 3by Gohou Michel6,869 views
- 17:08 Dying CIA Agent reveals US Government Alien Contact, Area 51 secrets, black ops and UFO knowledgeby bestideayet247,560 views
- 18:23 Chomsky vs Buckleyby Patrick Steinkuhl212,450 views
- 1:20:31 ΤΟ ΠΕΙΡΑΤΙΚΟ - Ο Θρίαμβος των Πρωταθλητών Ευρώπηςby TsintsIgnis31,220 views
- 4:53 GREECE vs GERMANY MIlitary strengthby MrKeepdino32,100 views
- 1:16:20 CIA Whistleblower: Obama's Plans To Destroy US And Seize Power; 70 Agency DHS To Enforce Martial Lawby Bobby Powell88,046 views
- 34:56 5 US Generals Threaten Obama With Coup Should He Attack Syria (Part 1)by Bobby Powell59,725 views
- 58:40 Untold History of United States - Bush & Obama: Age of Terror (Subtitulado Español)by Conrado Ares96,648 views
- 3:17 CIA Agent "NEVER watch television"!!by ScariestMovieEver111371,422 views
- 7:12 The End of Democracy in the U.S. Pt 1 of 4by cyclopz122,604 views
- 5:07 The U.S. Overthrow of Democracy in Chile - CIA Coupsby CapitalistHolocaust6,068 views
- 10:57 Ex CIA agent explains how to delete the elite!by iwillspyonyou425,220 views
- 1:55:03 The CIA Rogue Agents (Action,2013,USA) FULL MOVIE in Englishby seivdryn549,731 views
- 3:10 Chomsky: Troika wants to destroy Greeks.flvby olympusgr759,051 views
- 11:31 ¿Quien Ganaria La Tercera Guerra Mundial? Rusia o Estados Unidosby thenacoos344,850 views
- 7:44 Noam Chomsky about the Turkish terror !by TurksIsEvil8,661 views
- Loading more suggestions...