Asset Management software delivers great maintenance
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 14, 2013
Download our enterprise asset management brochure here: http://ibm.co/12jPwMI
Lafarge is leveraging IBM Maximo Asset Management solutions to take a predictive maintenance approach to manage costs.
TRANSCRIPT: Lafarge is a construction materials company that delivers products for gypsum, aggregate and concrete and cement, cement being the largest division we have around Lafarge.
These equipments operate in a hot environment, in a dirty environment, basically, so in order to execute the process of production, we need to perform a preventative maintenance on this equipment.
... sensors exist, we do have them on all our equipment. We track the different informations related to that.
We have six plants deployed and then analysis on KPI is executed as we speak on our plants.
We have seen a drastical difference between inventories, the level of inventories and what was purchased ad-hoc through the requisitioning, which is a target, one of the levels of the program.
The IBM suite proves to be a best case scenario at this point in time, due to the fact that it is the best-of-breed for maintenance and this is something that's recognized, such as spare part management, searching for parts based on specifications, based on asset catalog.
Cognos at the back for us is a very good end, because you have the capability to slice and dice your data.
You need to manage resources, you need to manage the materials and inventories and you need to manage costs.
So Scheduler is in the form and shape that has been delivered now and especially with the new version that's going to be delivered soon, is one tool that is a goldmine for that process.
One of the quantifiable objectives of this implementation when it's complete is to reduce drastically the emergency work orders executed in our plants. We want to target 5% of emergency work in our plants and this would be able to be achieved by having centralized system where we can control and share the information, and take also decisions.
A smarter physical infrastructure for Lafarge means capturing issues that may occur with our assets before they happen. And further on, as much as possible going towards predictive and proactive type of activities.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:50 Asset Management in Manufacturing: Status Updateby ibmservicemanagement243 views
- 3:43 Overview of End-To-End Asset Managementby ibmservicemanagement735 views
- 3:49 Enterprise Asset Management: GM Uses Maximo as a Global Maintenance Solutionby ibmservicemanagement30,277 views
- 2:48 Asset Management Software to Achieve Better Business Outcomesby ibmservicemanagement400 views
- 21:40 Miles vs. Watson: The Complete Man Against Machine Showdownby PBS NewsHour164,805 views
- 24:27 IBM General Mgr. Manoj Saxena discusses the future of IBM Watsonby IBM Enterprise Conference1,687 views
- 3:36 Smarter Policing for a Safer Mesaby The Mesa Police Department (Official)278 views
- 56:31 IBM Image Construction and Composition Tool - Tutorialby IBMRedbooks1,917 views
- 10:42 RV Waste Valve Repair & Maintenance by RV Education 101®by RV Education 10121,054 views
- 24:10 Technical Introduction to IBM WebSphere MQby IBM SupportTV36,215 views
- 9:51 exploring phosphate mines at Sero Colorado Arubaby Velocidad Maximo875 views
- 19:12 Jeopardy! - Watson Game 2by gameshowvideos56,732 views
- 6:32 Saturday Night Lives Jeopardy skit w/Willferrellby Andrew B44,412 views
- 17:46 Jeopardy IBM Watson Episode-2 HDby The Fluidic51,711 views
- 1:03:56 IBM Watson for Healthcareby ECE Utah3,536 views
- 4:18 IBM Maximo Transportation Solutionsby MACS EU191 views
- 17:47 Bending the Knowledge Curve with IBM Watson: Manoj Saxena at TEDxMillRiverby TEDxTalks10,445 views
- 19:02 Jeopardy IBM Watson Episode-3 HDby The Fluidic51,722 views
- 2:32 Have you ever seen an atom?by nature video283,343 views
- 23:53 Jeopardy! - Watson Match #1by gameshowvideos109,662 views
- Loading more suggestions...