- Startups : Health and Fitness Special - TWiST #192
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 30, 2011
Join our new mailing list and be the first to learn about upcoming guests! Go to thisweekin.com/email.
0:00-2:45 Welcome everyone to the TWiST Health and Fitness devices special!
2:45-3:00 Help influence the structure and course of the show by joining the TWiST Backchannel Producers' Program! Go to twistlist.co and become a part of the community today.
3:00-4:45 Thank you to Carbonite for sponsoring the show! Sign up for Carbonite Small Business then send your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org to enter to win a Macbook Air!
4:45-6:00 Today we have Ben Rubin of Zeo and Jason Jacobs of RunKeeper.
6:00-7:45 Let's take a look at some health stats. Did you know that we spend $130B a year on healthcare costs related to obesity and lack of exercise?
10:00-11:00 Let's take a look at the Zeo Sleep Manager.
11:00-12:00 How does the headband collect data?
12:00-14:00 Ben demos the Zeo app.
15:30-17:30 For a normal person, do they use it, then stop and only come back when they have problems?
17:30-18:30 Why isn't sleep education mandatory?
18:30-20:45 Let's take a look at the Withings WiFi Scale and Blood Pressure cuff.
20:45-23:00 Jason, when and why did you start RunKeeper?
25:00-27:30 Jason J. displays his RunKeeper dashboard.
27:30-32:30 Thank you to MailChimp for sponsoring the show. And congrats for reaching one million users!
32:30-33:30 Jason, how do you deal with a huge competitor like Nike?
33:30-35:00 Explain to us what the vision for the health graph is.
35:00-37:45 Jason J. shows his fitness feed and explains the idea behind Street Team.
39:00-41:30 Have you ever considered renaming the company, Jason?
45:00-47:30 How have angel investors been responding to this industry?
50:30-52:00 Question from the chat: Can Zeo help me learn how to lucid dream?
52:00-54:30 Question from the chat: Will RunKeeper be giving data access to health insurance companies to decide on prices?
54:30-56:00 Jason, what's the business model for the health graph?
57:00-58:30 What did the board say to going free?
58:30-01:01:00 What's it been like being a leading candidate in this space, Jason? Have you been getting a lot of buy-out offers?
01:01:00-01:03:30 Let's take a look at what a long life costs in the US vs. other countries. Why do we spend so much more to not live any longer?
01:03:30-01:07:00 Should companies offer incentives to employees who get healthier, improve their sleep, etc? Is it their place to get involved?
01:11:30-01:14:00 Question from the chat: When talking about rewards and incentives, Ben, how do you differentiate between people who live unhealthily and those who have bad genes? What do you think, Jason?
01:14:00-01:15:30 Taking a look out what else is on the horizon. What's the most interesting thing here?
01:15:30-01:17:30 Thank you to Ben and Jason for joining us today. If you're an awesome dev, you can reach them at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
01:17:30-01:18:30 Thank you to our sponsors Carbonite and MailChimp. Remember to thank them on Twitter @Carbonite and @MailChimp for sponsoring the show!
01:18:30-01:19:30 Robert, what do you have coming up today on This Week in Social Media?
Support This Week in Startups and independent media by joining the TWiST Producer Program at TwistList.co!
Multilingual? Translate this episode of TWiST into another language and email the transcript to email@example.com
FOLLOW ON TWITTER
Jason J.: @jjacobs22
Keep up with the latest from our sister company LAUNCH:
Honestly, now...Where You Can Get Good Advice These Days
Really? Google Shoes? These are Awesome
KA-CHING! Stripe Makes it Easy for Developers to Accept Credit Cards
German-based Code Repository BerliOS to Shutdown at End of December
DigitallyLUX Previews New Service with Infographic Breakdown of Fashion Blogs Worldwide
Special thanks to the members of the TWiST Backchannel Producer Program! See a list of all the members of the program at twistlist.co
Louis-Eric Simard, Benjamin Gifford, Jacek Artymiak, Octavian Mihai, Will Paoletto, Geoffrey Clapp, Jeff Hoffer, Kyle Lonzo, Austin Miller, Rashaun Sourles, Robb Kunz, Greg Berry, Sean Lynch, Mary Ann Halford, Jim Joyce, Morgan Howard, Margaret Johns, Kyle M. Brown, Paul Cole, Nick Duncan, Magnus Ingvarsson, Amir Ayalon, Carlos Zaidenweber, Avery Keitt, Joshua Shipsey
Next in - Startups: Season 3
- 1:06:34 Jon Ferrara of Nimble - TWiST #189by This Week In Startups4,716 views
- 42:55 - Transformation - Bill Phillips Interviews Fitness Expert, Dr. Jeffrey Life, M.D.by This Week In Startups82,989 views
- 1:37:20 - Startups - Eric Ries of Lean Startup - TWiST #199by This Week In Startups26,617 views
- 1:23:58 Guy Kawasaki: The Top 10 Mistakes of Entrepreneursby UCBerkeleyHaas172,514 views
- 9:22 FRANCE 24 Health - Feel-good dietsby FRANCE 24 English1,376 views
- 1:07:03 - Startups - Jake Winebaum of Brighter.com - TWiST #191by This Week In Startups3,066 views
- 1:37:42 War on Health - Gary Null's documentary exposing the FDAby TheHealthRanger174,850 views
- 1:25:42 This Week in Startups - David Heinemeier Hansson, partner at 37signals and creator of Ruby on Railsby This Week In Startups10,948 views
- 1:18:50 - Startups - Dmitry Shapiro of Anybeat - TWiST #187by This Week In Startups3,905 views
- 1:06:51 - Startups - Ian Rogers, CEO and Founder of TopSpin Mediaby This Week In Startups7,139 views
- 1:03:34 Seoul, South Korea Meetup - TWiST #184by This Week In Startups7,415 views
- 45:27 - Startups - London Meetup on TWiST #153by This Week In Startups2,089 views
- 13:22 Rockstar Health & Fitness - Episode 1 ft. Patrick Stumpby rockstarhf56,861 views
- 32:48 - Startups - Jason's Ignite Steamboat Springs Interview - TWiST #195 Bonusby This Week In Startups1,974 views
- 2:02 Bessemer oilfield engine startup after 50+ yearsby AntiqueEngineNut22,470 views
- 1:20:44 News Roundtable with Steve Blank and Bill Lee - TWiST #190by This Week In Startups2,648 views
- 53:14 - Startups - Fred Wilson of Union Square Ventures - TWiST #161by This Week In Startups12,211 views
- 13:00 BEST of Start Up sounds!! More than 70 Exhaust Sounds!by Gumbal719,586 views
- 1:20:58 Kevin Systrom of Instagram- TWiST #196by This Week In Startups10,516 views