The Comforter John 14:17 Jesus Christ the Comforter - SD Adventist
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 9, 2012
The Comforter John 14:17 Jesus Christ the Comforter - Seventh-day Adventist
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you." (John 16:7)
"The comforter which is the holy spirit"(John 14:26)
Joh 14:16-17 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
How is it that the comforter who was yet to be sent "dwelleth with them" in John 14?
This passage explains itself. Jesus didn't leave off in verse 17. He continues in the next verse by saying:
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
The greek word for comforter is "parakletos". John uses this word 5 times in scripture. The 5th time it is used is 1 John 2:1. It is translated "Advocate"
1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
EJ Waggoner quoting the R.V bible wrote concerning this verse in his book "The Everlasting Covenant":
"Jesus is the Comforter. "If any man sin, we have a Comforter with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."(1John 2:1 r.v., margin.)(EJ Waggoner The Everlasting Covenant Page 302)
The same greek word for "another" is used of Saul in the Greek Old Testament.
Notice what it says:
1Sa 10:6 And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man
Saul was still Saul after the experience even though he was "Another man" and Jesus was still Jesus after his experience even though he was "another comforter".
Standard YouTube License
- 10:58 Charles Spurgeon Sermon - A Christmas Question (Part 1 of 4)by Christian Praise and Worship in Songs, Sermons, and Audio Books Featured 4,854
- 1:31:55 Seventh-day Adventist Neurosurgeon Stuns Nation!!! Dr. Benjamin Carson, M.D.by MrPioneerlight2011127,173 views
- 1:19:06 Bill Pinto - Who is the third person of the Godhead (Trinity and SDA)by TheMedien1,864 views
- 1:31:05 Dallas Willard - Reflections on John 14by Jacob Mitchell4,671 views
- 15:06 Defining the Godhead -- What is the Godhead? - SD Adventistby David Barron907 views
- 9:19 Matthew 28:19 - Baptism - Non-trinitarian - SD Adventistby David Barron788 views
- 14:33 John 1:1 Non-Trinitarian - The Nature and Deity of Christ SD Adventistby David Barron360 views
- 4:07 Quran Under Analysis - Who's the "Comforter" of John 14by TheSnarkyApologist405 views
- 58:40 Doug Batchelor - Seventh-day Adventist : Christian or Cultby Amazing Mission19,675 views
- 14:01 Back To Nature (3ABN) episode 20by SendMeMinistries1,781 views
- 28:10 The Cross in my Life - Part 4 by Derek Princeby SermonIndex.net7,831 views
- 1:32:03 Seventh Day Adventism Theology Debunkedby Chris White13,751 views
- 9:41 The Wheel Part Two episode 1by FarrakhanSpeaks12,948 views
- 59:21 The Riches Of His Grace By Zac Poonenby SermonIndex.net4,034 views
- 45:31 Is Not Your Word A Fire? by Jim Cymbalaby SermonIndex.net12,884 views
- 58:30 Who are the Seventh-day Adventists?- (Doug Batchelor) AmazingFacts ©by 11:11 Ministries114,325 views
- 10:00 The Uniqueness Of Christ by David Pawsonby David PawsonNZ5,244 views
- 9:07 1 John 5:7 - non-trinitarian - Seventh Day Adventist - Fear God and give glory to himby David Barron1,533 views
- 28:23 The Cross at the Center - Part 2 by Derek Princeby SermonIndex.net4,077 views
- 8:07 Genesis1:26 - Truth About God - Seventh day Adventist - Trinitarian?by David Barron499 views
- Loading more suggestions...