How to Avoid Developing a Hunchback
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 4, 2010
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more Aging & Health videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/283-Agi...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
Follow these helpful tips to keep your muscles strong and your body standing tall.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Sit correctly
Sit ergonomically with your shoulders back, head straight, feet flat on the floor. and legs at a 90 degree angle from the spine.
When sitting at a computer, the monitor should be 24 to 30 inches away and about 20 degrees below your line of sight. Position the keyboard so your arms are at a 90 degree angle.
Step 2: Choose a comfortable chair
Choose a comfortable, adjustable padded chair with arm pads.
Step 3: Move around
Move around. Do not sit in the same position for long periods of time.
Step 4: Exercise all parts of the body
Exercise all muscles of the body. Focus on core and back muscles that are essential for correct posture.
Hire a personal trainer who is certified in sports medicine perform a postural analysis and recommend exercises that correct any issues.
Step 5: Lead a healthy lifestyle
Lead a healthy lifestyle: eat nutritious foods, do not smoke, and avoid excessive alcohol consumption. This will also prevent a number of other health problems.
Did You Know?
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, written by Victor Hugo in 1831, is about Quasimodo, a deformed bell ringer.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:54 How to Get a Free Mealby Howcast Featured 441,981
- 1:07 How to Deal with People Who Dominate Conversationby Howcast27,713 views
- 2:14 How to Do the Mind Control Trickby Howcast535,964 views
- 1:49 How to Tell Real Gold from Fakeby Howcast366,387 views
- 1:49 How to Answer Hard Interview Questionsby Howcast19,819 views
- 5:09 Hunchback Neck Pain. Troy, Ohio OH Chiropractor Dr. Jack Adrian ChiroCenter Chiropracticby chirocenteroftroy5,156 views
- 4:08 5 Exercises To Fix Hunchback Postureby BuiltLean266,123 views
- 2:36 How to strengthen the upper back for better postureby greenchiroclinic1,890 views
- 9:09 Monster: The Kali Muscle Storyby Strength Project13,822,847 views
- 1:26:36 Fitness Blender's 1000 Calorie Workout at Home-HIIT Cardio, Total Body Strength Training + Stretchby FitnessBlender956,850 views
- 23:28 CARDIO ABDOMEN CINTURA - Adelgaza,tonifica y quema grasaby Dakidissa S.95,519 views
- 9:59 Posture for Healthby Jenny Bruck536 views
- 2:31 Great Tip for Fixing Poor Postureby xelfexercise30,048 views
- 7:44 Sensational Yoga Poses, Creating a Hunch Back Free Paschimotanasanaby Neil Keleher9,265 views
- 10:13 10 Min Abs Workout -- At Home Abdominal and Oblique Exercisesby FitnessBlender5,391,183 views
- 7:11 The Neck & Back Pain Cure They Don't Want You to Know Aboutby Craig Brockie281,235 views
- 4:50 Stop Thoracic Kyphosis!by PhysioCambridge21,267 views
- 7:37 Kyphosis - Preventing & Correcting the 'Dowager's Hump'by Kathleen Porter41,011 views
- 4:44 How To Tame Kyphosis and Upper Back Tightnessby Manny Aragon16,309 views
- 3:59 Exercises for Posture - Pull Shoulders Backby MonkeySee115,198 views
- Loading more suggestions...