Guns N' Roses refusing to leave Reading Festival
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 29, 2010
(UPDATE-AUGUST 31ST 2010 AXL WRITES)-
Our start times at the Reading and Leeds festivals factually had nothing to do with us as the previous bands (who were great by the way) came off stage when they did and we went on within' our contracted and documented changeover time period.
Whatever other nonsense anyone's choosing to write would appear intentionally false.
Having the fans or our show penalized for how the event was ran or simply the natural flow of events those evenings and for such minimal amount of overtime along with distortions and falsehoods by media, the promoter and or event organizers regarding the events seems a bit draconian and more than unfair to the fans.
A simple question: If you are aware of our changeover time, the average length of our show and the general nature of how these types of festivals run all of which are no big secrets...why book us?
Is it simply because the lineup on our nights at both festivals sold well? So it's a cash grab with no respect for the fans or the band and somehow an unwanted inconvenience for the cities and law enforcement? If we're not wanted and just being used to line someone else's pockets or for fictitious tabloid fodder at the fans and our expense we're fine with going elsewhere. God forbid we would force ourselves on anyone. It's not that kinda party.
I didn't organize, arrange, authorize, have knowledge of or was even consulted about our being booked for these shows till after the fact nor did I choose to work with anyone I'm aware of other than our manager who was involved in arranging these dates. Yet it would appear we're amazingly often legally obligated to honor such arrangements whether against our will or better judgment. That's simply and unfortunately how this business often works with the artist and imo seems is legally supported to benefit managers, agents, promoters and ticket vendors.
With how the fans and we were treated in the past I had what I feel were legitimate and now proven justified apprehensions. Yet we gave 100% and from where we stood it seemed as if the both the fans (who rocked!) and our camp were having fun and making the most of things.
Why (and what would appear intentionally) risk having it go bad for everyone? Imo that's where true recklessness and negligence at both the fans and our expense would seem to be.
Anyway...thanks again to all the fans who made our nights!!
Standard YouTube License
- 9:51 Guns N' Roses - Estrangedby GunsNRosesVEVO Featured 26,169,196
- 12:28 Best of Axl Rose Pissed Off - 1988 - 1993by RockShowTrader371,953 views
- 4:02 Axl Stops Song in the Middle, Confronts Fanby Darkdashing2,552,242 views
- 0:53 Guns N' Roses Band Interview 2010by slash3492141,265 views
- 7:20 Axl Rose Being Fitted For A Cast RARE VIDEOby Melissa Giorgi152,567 views
- 87 videos Play all NEW GUNSby Kaka1306
- 6:45 Guns N' Roses - Exclusive Backstage Footage - Sweden Rock Festival 2010 [HD]by CatcherInTheRyeAgain67,204 views
- 0:45 Axl rose defending fanby croatiagnr450,938 views
- 2:33:01 Guns N' Roses Sydney 12th March 2013 Full Showby JPK31,228 views
- 8:50 Guns n Roses refusing to leave stage - Reading 2010by velvetrevolver197154,297 views
- 2:33 Axl halts the show because it rains during November Rainby loughranC2k8229,011 views
- 10:24 Guns N' Roses - Estranged (ROCK IN RIO 2011)by slash3492180,442 views
- 9:38 Axl Rose 2006 interview w/Eddie Trunk part 1by slash349215,280 views
- 1:26 AxL Rose - The Bottle Incident (Lima-PERU 2010)by XtreMeCyberZone170,265 views
- 4:14 kurt cobain talking about axl roseby GrUngeRoCK1012,209,224 views
- 1:26 Axl Rose tells story about Slash 2011by slash3492802,810 views
- 5:01 Tool Sober Live at Reading Festival 1993 PROSHOT!!!by ciffi3,000,861 views
- 12:49 Limp Bizkit at Reading Festival 2010 @ PRO-SHOTby PortugalGenerationX24,751 views
- 0:35 Axl at Sydney airportby EvilPretzel125,218 views
- 5:47 Guns N' roses FUNNY moments [PART 1]by Marwhisk665,961 views