Zeitgeist - Origin of Religion
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 18, 2012
"The Greatest Story Ever Told" is part one of the movie Zeitgeist, a summation of the real origin of christianity and a clear demonstration that the Bible's authors plagiarized the astrotheological stories of older religions. Is it really just coincidence that Christmas (Jesus's birthday) replaced Sol Invictus, the Roman celebration of the sun?
During the Roman Empire, a festival of the birth of the Unconquered Sun (or Dies Natalis Solis Invicti) was celebrated on the winter solstice - the "rebirth" of the sun. In Germanic mythology the sun is known as Sol. In ancient Greek mythology the sun is known as Helios (also known as Titan and Apollo). The Roman Empire adopted Helios into their own mythology as Sol. The title Sol Invictus (undefeated Sun) was applied to several solar deities, and depicted on several types of Roman coins during the 3rd and 4th centuries. The birth of the "undefeated Sun" was celebrated after the winter solstice on the 25th of December.
Sol Invictus (Invincible Sun) was the official sun god of the Roman Empire. In 274 the Roman emperor Aurelian made it an official cult alongside the traditional Roman cults. The sun god was favored by emperors after Aurelian and appeared on their coins until Constantine. The last inscription referring to Sol Invictus dates to 387 AD and there were enough devotees in the 5th century that Augustine found it necessary to preach against them. During the later periods of Roman history, sun worship gained in importance and ultimately led to what has been called a "solar monotheism." Nearly all the gods of the period were possessed of solar qualities. The feast of Sol Invictus (Unconquered Sun) on December 25th was celebrated with great joy, and eventually this date was taken over by the Christians as Christmas, the celebrated birthday of Christ.
The worship of the Sun in the Eastern world has its historical origin in Ancient Egypt. The Egyptians identified the Sun with Ra, one of the major deities in their religion, and the visible disk of the Sun (known as Aten) was either seen as the body or the eye of Ra. The pharaoh Akhenaten established a monotheistic religion during his reign, with Aten as its central figure.
The fundamental sun-sky gods of ancient Egypt were Osiris, Horus and Ra. Because of an extremely large timespan that these and other gods flourished in Egypt, there is a considerable degree of overlap and permutation regarding their attributes and stories. For the purpose of simplification, this film encapsulates the general characteristics of various ancient Egyptian gods under the title of Horus.
To the Zeitgeist debunkers who don't seem to get it, the point here is to show similarities between Jewish-Greco-Roman Christianity and other ancient religions. This film is a brief summation of the greatest story ever plagiarized, not an all-inclusive detailed study of ancient religious mythology.
Here's the part Zeitgeist left out:
The name JESUS (Iesous/Ιησούς/Joshua/Yeshua/ישוע) means SAVIOR (Soter/Σωτήρ). Ptolemaic Pharaohs were called Σωτήρ (Soter/Saviors). Ptolemy XV (Caesarion, Jesus) was the ONLY begotten (biological) son of Divus Julius Caesar (God). Mark Antony even declared in his "Donations of Alexandria" that Ptolemy was the King of kings, the combined legacy of Caesar and Alexander (the great soter/savior). Ptolemy XV (Soter Caesar) was the Son of God, King of kings, and he even played the role of Horus.
Jesus = Ιησούς/Iesous/Yeshua = Soter/Savior
Christ = Χριστός/Christos = good/anointed king/messiah
Jesus Christ = Savior King = Soter Caesar = Ptolemy XV (Caesarion)
John 3:16 - Divus Julius Caesar (God) so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son (Ptolemy XV, Caesarion)....
....but some Roman Senators feared losing power so they killed Caesar and then Octavian (Caesar's nephew) stole Ptolemy's birthright in Rome's coup d'etat of God's Son.
John 14:6 - Ptolemy said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto my Father, but by me.
Acts 16:31 - Paul and Silas said, believe on Lord Ptolemy and you will be saved [from Roman occupation].
Jesus Christ = Soter Caesar aka Ptolemy XV (Caesarion)
Father in heaven = Divus Julius Caesar (God)
Mother Mary = Cleopatra
Step-father Joseph = Mark Antony
Mary Magdalene = Cleopatra Selene
Standard YouTube License
- 24:55 642 Origin of Christianityby Bill Donahue Featured 8,047
- 2:00:28 Zeitgeist: The Movie (2007)by Linguistic Team International568,865 views
- 26:45 Pagan Symbolism in ALL major Religionsby sdeevG57,548 views
- 20:39 Satanist to Christian (INCREDIBLE TESTIMONY)by ScreenMonkeyMan288,250 views
- 1:28:56 Gnosis "The Lost Gospels" by Anglican priest Pete Owen Jonesby Rafael Panameño60,968 views
- 19:14 New! The REAL Founder Of Christianity Unveiled - Illuminati Secrets Exposed - Last Days Infoby Inner Circle40,506 views
- 56:56 El Hijo de Dios (I) el cristianismo antes de Jesúsby pinedaucesar93,515 views
- 26:05 Zeitgeist Part 1 on Religionby spaceagebachelor792,133 views
- 14:50 Origin and Symbolism of Christian Holy Daysby Discovering Religion19,066 views
- 9:26 Zeitgeist - 9/11 (Part 1 of 4)by BlackHaze8215,441 views
- 1:59:30 ZEITGEIST 2: ADDENDUM (FULL MOVIE!) - PLEASE SHAREby ExhumedByScryingEyes3,338,315 views
- 9:04 Mithras - Pagan Origins of Christianityby tolerancelastic85,125 views
- 1:56:24 ZEITGEIST The Movie (2007)by documentarywire304,871 views
- 1:31:37 ¿Qué haría Jesús ? Película Completa (Sub Español).by Judavena182,685 views
- 1:01:54 If You're a Christian You BETTER WATCH THIS!!! PLACEBOby redbonesmkia4,377,220 views
- 42:15 Jesus in India? -- BBC Documentaryby 10374d547,127 views
- 46:54 Richard Dawkins: The Root of All Evil Part 1/2by WeedVoice93,422 views
- 1:55:43 Letter to a Xtian Nation - FULL audiobookby Jesus F. Christ9,442 views
- 41:20 Being Honest About Religion. (ft. Adam Carolla, Richard Dawkins, Bill Maher, Joe Rogan, etc.by tbone11193154,876 views
- 1:04:43 Nouman Ali Khan - 002 al-Baqarah, Ayat 001-021 - Tafseer - تفسير سورة البقرةby fajeetas2,345 views
- Loading more suggestions...