Krugman "Knocked out of Neoclassical Orbit" by Steve Keen's Meteoric Rise!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 4, 2012
Follow us @
Welcome to Capital Account! The internet has been abuzz over the blogosphere boxing match between Nobel Laureate and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman and debunker of economic conventional wisdom and superhero economist, Steve Keen. Remember that game "Mike Tyson's Punch Out?" Well, let's just say that Steve Keen gave Paul Krugman one upper-cut too many for the establishment intellectual to handle. Krugman declared victory and walked away before he could be dealt any more blows to his economic ego -- not before Krugman could land one more low blow though...we'll break it down!
And a too big to fail bank agrees to pay 20 million bucks to settle allegations from regulators that it mishandled customer funds before a major broker's collapse, but the details may surprise you. If you guessed JP Morgan, then you got half of the story right, but if you guessed the broker was MF Global, well, we have news for you: it's Lehman Brothers. That's right, JPMorgan Chase agreed to pay a $20m fine to settle allegations that the bank mishandled Lehman Brothers' customer funds for roughly two years before the broker filed for bankruptcy court protection. The Commodity Futures Trading Commission alleged that JPMorgan, at the request of Lehman, began using customer funds in November 2006 to calculate how much credit it would extend to Lehman Brothers intraday, in violation of customer segregation account rules.
And last Friday we exposed the myth of the billionaire investor/regular joe Warren "All You Can Eat" Buffett's proclaimed desire to be taxed more. Now he's singing a different song...LITERALLY. The owner of the Omaha World-Herald newspaper serenaded a crowd singing I'm just a paper boy. We'll attempt to demystify the oracle's message.
- 48:54 Steve Keen: Why 2012 is Shaping Up to be a Particularly Ugly Yearby ChrisMartensondotcom Featured 29,096
- 28:04 Steve Keen on the Minsky Singularity and the Debt Black Hole's Event Horizon!by CapitalAccount38,905 views
- 27:57 Jim Rickards: the Fed is Racing to Create Inflation Before the US Economy Implodes!by CapitalAccount64,236 views
- 28:05 Cate Long: Muniland, the Happiest Place on Earth?by CapitalAccount7,559 views
- 28:05 Eric Sprott: Silver to Outshine Gold as the Investment of this Decade!by CapitalAccount49,185 views
- 1:16:48 Peter Schiff - Market Crash 2014 | London Realby London Real20,798 views
- 26:04 Economist Steve Keen; bankrupt banks, nationalise financial systemby Arno Mong Daastoel28,003 views
- 3:22 A Mysterious and Beautiful Woman Confronts Paul Krugman about Inflationby Robert Wenzel62,949 views
- 13:56 Steve Keen Educates Peter Schiff About US Debt Structure & Public Spendingby SchittReport18,033 views
- 13:43 Keynesian spendaholic Paul Krugman trashed by businessman on economics (30May12)by liarpoliticians36,098 views
- 53:23 Interview with John Perkins, former Economic Hitman, about 2012, government corruption, and moreby TheHealthRanger14,804 views
- 6:16 Steve Keen Educates Peter Schiff On What 'Keynesianism' Really Isby SchittReport9,290 views
- ProfSteveKeen 181 videos3K
- 6:15 Peter Schiff & Steven Keen on Dateline(Australia) - Part 2 of 2by Edson Avila Torres26,346 views
- 6:08 Peter Schiff & Steven Keen on Dateline(Australia) - Part 1 of 2by Edson Avila Torres22,551 views
- 44:25 Euro Crisis. Forgiving Debtby thomhartmann4,617 views
- 59:59 Moyers & Company - Paul Krugman as guest.by Giovanni Vitellozzi5,970 views
- 5:25 Prof. Steve Keen Pops Peter Schiff's 'Return To Gold Standard' Bubbleby SchittReport14,951 views
- 50:05 Krugman on the global crisisby de tijd11,498 views
- 2:59:36 The Global Reset 2013 [Full] - Steve Quayle and "V" The Guerrilla Economistby Last Chance Truth2,682 views