Joshua Sellers and Roberto Alborghetti - Linger
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 15, 2011
For the contemplative eye and ear, artist Roberto Alborghetti and I have created a new video for "Linger."
You can see more of Roberto's "LaceR/Action" works and other explorations in visual texture at his blog here: https://robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com
ABOUT ROBERTO ALBORGHETTI:
Journalist, writer and visual artist, Roberto Alborghetti has written more than thirty books (biographies, interviews, stories). He worked in magazines and newspapers. He produced TV documentaries. Editor in chief of magazines concerning didactic, education, edutainment and media literacy, he leads workshops and conferences.
He has won lot of journalism Prizes, such as Premio Acqui Terme, Premio Beppe Viola, Premio Anmil Safety in Work. He is the unique Italian journalist who received the European Award for Environmental Reporting -- the so called European "Pulitzer" about Environmental Reporting -- given to him in 1992 in the European Parliament.
He created "LaceR/Actions", a multidisciplinary project that involves image reading and urban analysis in a new view of "low brow art". "LaceR/Actions" is also a "booklet-portfolio" that gathers a selections of 40 pictures chosen among 30.000 pics that Roberto Alborghetti took during his research about torn (publi)city.
Impressed by photocamera and transferred on canvas, reproduced on lithographs or textiles, or scanned in a video clip, the details of torn advertisings and posters give new life to paper lacerations.
Roberto Alborghetti says: "I think that in the lacerated advertisings is recognizable the 'unwrapped' city, self-destroying in the messages, self-regenerating and self-reproducing in new visual elements, often contradictory, dissonant, discordant, but still surprisingly vital."
In July 2010, thirty thousand people visited Roberto Alborghetti's show "The Four Elements of LaceR/Actions" during the three days exhibition at Oriocenter (Milano Bergamo Orio Airport). It was a special occasion to admire and to meet the research that the Italian artist has been doing for many years about ripped posters. Roberto Alborghetti's pics are also taking part of experiences about sensorial and emotional perception (sinestesys) concerning kinesiologic tests. Alborghetti is also invited to lead workshops about his artworks.
One of his recent works was selected to be part of the new Contemporary Art Museum projected and created in Marche country by the artist Pasquale Martini.
ABOUT JOSHUA SELLERS:
Joshua Sellers has attended the University of Louisiana at Monroe studying music composition. Over the years, Joshua has worked as a performer, songwriter, producer, engineer, DJ and musical collaborator in classical, rock, folk, jazz, avant-garde, electronica and ambient music. As a member of the pop-rock duo Joker, Joshua released the album Homecoming in 2009.
In addition to musical projects, Joshua Sellers has been given an arts grant by the state of Louisiana for a poetry reading at the Masur Museum of Art (1996). Joshua has also been a co-editor of Hart Beats, a journal of philosophy and spirituality published in Monroe (1996-1998).
Joshua has long been fascinated with the sound textures. As a child, he would play with tape recorders, altering the tape speed or running the tape in reverse. Joshua Sellers: "I discovered that you could use a recording device not simply to document sound, but to create unique sounds never heard before."
Reviving his interest in these childhood experiments, Joshua first began recording ambient music under the pseudonym Murmur in 2003. Rather than rely on the latest state-of-the-art synthesisers, Joshua uses found sounds, toy keyboards, electric guitars and shakuhachi as sound sources.
Joshua Sellers: "In music, we place traditional musical elements like rhythm, melody and harmony in the foreground and so we tend to not notice the actual texture as much. In my music, that's a perception I want to reverse."
In 2010, Joshua Sellers completed his first full-length album of ambient music, Amniosis. A new EP, State of Flux, is due to be released later in 2011, followed by a large-scale work, Elemental.
Joshua Sellers: "I like to think of my pieces as enigmatic abstract icons, each providing a quiet meditative space and luminous presence of its own."
Joshua Sellers currently lives in West Memphis, Arkansas, with future plans to emigrate to New Zealand.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:57 I Am Ent. Memphis Documentaryby Brandon B-Hood289 views
- 13:33 Joshua Sellers - The Hungry Ghostsby Joshua Sellers158 views
- 19:27 "MOMENTUM: AGAINST ALL ODDS" The Documentary( Episode 1 0f 4)by Nicki daniels jr3,810 views
- 8:44 Japanese Dragon Painterby Immow2,316,337 views
- 25:16 How To Prepare Your Pagesby Stampin' Dymonz463 views
- 58:47 The World's Most Expensive Paintings (BBC Documentary)by DocumentaryChanneI351,639 views
- 19:48 Make: A Bad Art Documentary (OFFICIAL)by MakeDocumentary6,725 views
- 13:20 Visual Art Journal!by cLoudofamazingness496 views
- 8:38 Joshua Sellers and Andy Parkinson - She Is Sleepingby Joshua Sellers146 views
- 2:01 art journal - minute techniqueby CarolineElliam845 views
- 51:22 Professor David McKitterick (Trinity College Cambridge; UK)by Rudi Van Poele949 views
- 4:21 Drawing an Eye using Colored Pencilsby polaara151,223 views
- 9:43 Joshua Sellers - Lingerby Joshua Sellers98 views
- 40:57 Iain McCaig: The Art of Visual Storytellingby UNSWCommunity35,194 views
- 7:53 How to Price Your Artworkby Cedar Lee67,726 views
- 9:15 Funniest Horse Act Ever! Tommie Turvey and Pokerjoe!by equineextremist3,640,267 views
- 9:02 Cedar Ridge Shreveport Hunters' Expo (entry 3)by BookXtremeHunts1,036 views
- 4:42 The new Journal Girl stamps are here!by Samie Harding1,179 views
- 14:59 NEW Art Journalby cLoudofamazingness129 views
- 2:28 How To Price Your Artworkby DegreeArt40,147 views
- Loading more suggestions...