Erupting Water Well - Marcellus Shale Reality Tour Part 5 - Fracking
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 15, 2012
A video by Scott Cannon http://gdacoalition.org
The video Truthland features a woman seeking the truth about gas drilling. What they don't tell you is that the gas company who drilled are being sued for methane migration problems on her property by a family living nearby. There are 10 wells on her pad. WPX Energy Gas has been fined for faulty well casings there. State regulators are investigating the cause of high methane levels in three Susquehanna County water wells after residents reported gray or black sludgy water, and one home's well began to erupt water through its cap.
The Department of Environmental Protection has not yet determined if natural sources, nearby natural gas drilling operations or some other cause has mobilized methane and metals into drinking water supplies. Inspectors were in the township hamlet of Franklin Forks on Wednesday to take a second round of samples from water wells.
DEP officials originally indicated to residents in January that the likely source of the gas was a natural methane seep documented for over a century in nearby Salt Springs State Park.
But the chemical markers of the Salt Springs methane have been well characterized by scientists and the department is just now in the process of determining the signature of the gas found in the water wells to compare to the seep.
Analyzing the stable carbon isotopes - a form of chemical fingerprinting of the gas - "could prove fruitful" in this case because Salt Springs is so well documented, DEP spokeswoman Colleen Connolly said.
The department also is considering the potential impact of nearby Marcellus Shale drilling on the water supplies.
"Everything is still part of the investigation," she said. "We're not ruling anything out."
DEP cited WPX Energy for defective casing or cement in two of the natural gas wells closest to Franklin Forks last year. The nested strings of steel casing and cement are meant to protect aquifers from gas and other fluids in the wells, but flaws in the barriers have caused methane to migrate into water supplies throughout the region, most notably in Bradford County and Dimock Twp. 15 miles south.
DEP inspectors also found gas bubbling from between the casing strings on three more WPX wells on the same two well pads - the DePue and Hollenbeck - although those wells were not cited for violations. Bubbling is often viewed by state regulators as an indication of a leak or defect in a well's construction.
WPX is an exploration and production company recently spun off from Williams Companies.
DEP is evaluating the WPX wells as part of its investigation, but it has not named any responsible party and has not ordered any company to replace or restore the water supplies, Ms. Connolly said.
Read more: http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/stat...
Standard YouTube License
- 6:49 PJTV: Afterburner with Bill Whittle: Things to Comeby PJ Media Featured 31,925
- 13:30 SISTEMA VENTURI , PARA SACAR AGUA DE POZOS CON EL AIREby ECOTURMALLORCA8,051 views
- 5:42 Perforación, Pozo perforado agua puraby Yerba Aprecio44,393 views
- 1:46 Extraer agua de pozo usando un compresor de aireby Jesus Delgado8,715 views
- 2:30:33 Donna the Buffalo: 2-11-2011: complete show (2 hour 30 minutes)by HerdDotTV26,010 views
- 6:04 Gas Well Flaring - Marcellus Shale Reality Tour Part 4 - Frackingby Gas Drilling Awareness Coalition11,877 views
- 14:08 WARNING! Watch this before you head to North Dakota to get rich!!by NDtransplant158,505 views
- 11:08 Black Water - Marcellus Shale Reality Tour Part 11 - Frackingby Gas Drilling Awareness Coalition3,418 views
- 9:52 Marcellus Shale Reality Tour Part 2 - Dimock Day Trip - Frackingby Gas Drilling Awareness Coalition11,527 views
- 1:28 MAQUINA PERFORADORA DE POZO DE AGUA (PROBANDO NUEVOS ACCESORIOS)by gfervi33,468 views
- 1:45:08 Dr. Ingraffea Facts on Frackingby Gas Drilling Awareness Coalition41,640 views
- 1:04 Cómo sacar agua del pozo profundo con un compresorby Jesus Delgado4,223 views
- 14:07 Dangers of Horizontal Hydraulic Fracking in Bradford County, PA - Part 1by vmlee10009,303 views
- 8:02 Pozo de agua artesanal en Costa Ricaby tortuguerotours4,542 views
- 10:43 Dear President Obama - Marcellus Shale Reality Tour Part 9 - Frackingby Gas Drilling Awareness Coalition1,957 views
- 2:51 The reason I quit working in the ND oilfieldby lasvegascollapse152,183 views
- 41:21 Water on Fire - Marcellus Shale Reality Tour Part 1 - Frackingby Gas Drilling Awareness Coalition75,614 views
- 9:41 Localización de corrientes de agua y perforación de pozos profundosby ignacio barco482,218 views
- 15:25 An Aerial View of Hydraulic Fracking Along The Marcellus Shaleby Park Productions18,434 views
- 9:16 Fracking Hell The Untold Story - part two.by WallabyTedsBrother4,421 views
- Loading more suggestions...