China's Beidou Satellite Navigation System Operational
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 27, 2011
For more news and videos visit ➡ http://english.ntdtv.com
Follow us on Twitter ➡ http://twitter.com/NTDTelevision
Add us on Facebook ➡ http://on.fb.me/s5KV2C
For more than a decade, China has been creating its own version of the Global Positioning System, or GPS. Well now the basic system is up and running, providing navigation for people in China and neighboring countries.
China's indigenous satellite navigation system called Beidou is up and running for people in and around China. It started providing initial operational services, including positioning, navigation and timing Tuesday.
The 10th satellite of the network was launched back on December 2nd, putting the finishing touches on the basic structure of the system.
Tests were carried out for the past six months.
[Yang Qiangwen, China Satellite Navigation System Management Office]:
"Firstly we carried out comprehensive tests on all the satellites, including all key machines and equipment, to ensure they can provide continuous service. Secondly, we optimized the positions of all the satellites to ensure the best conditions for operation."
Six more satellites will be launched in 2012 to further expand the service area of the Beidou system to most parts of the Asia-Pacific region.
[Ran Chengqi, Management Office, China Satellite Navigation System]:
"Preliminary tests show that the basic positioning and navigation system of Beidou has reached the set standards and we have officially moved from the test system to the working system. This step marks the transition from construction to application."
The global satellite positioning and navigation system will be completed in 2020, with 30 satellites orbiting the earth.
Started in 2000, the Beidou satellite navigation system is designed to make China independent of the Global Positioning System (GPS).
Standard YouTube License
- 24:11 CrossTalk: China Chin-Upby RT Featured 10,734
- 2:17 US Supercarrier Docks in Hong Kongby NTDTV86,543 views
- 2:27 House Prices Plunge in Chinese Ghost Townby NTDTV126,906 views
- 1:07 Chinese Regime Plans to Go Ahead with Pacific Naval Exercisesby NTDTV4,385 views
- 0:51 Beidou Satellite Network to Strengthen China's Military Capabilityby NTDTV1,397 views
- 26:02 El tren que nos lleva a RUSIA - Tecnología de puntaby ALAR - ASOCIACION LATINOAMERICANA RUSA4,042 views
- 51:59 Wings of Russia: Fighters. Stormy Years. (Episode 2 of 18)by BitnikGr66,331 views
- 3:54 A new Chinese anti-satellite (ASAT) test 全球目前只有中美俄三国有反卫星的能力。by Henry Lau12,492 views
- 27:15 The Navy Navigation Satellite System (1967)by usnavyhistory4,121 views
- 27:20 Transit Satellites for Navigation: "The Navy Navigation Satellite System" 1967 US Navyby Jeff Quitney2,640 views
- 10:52 NATO Military Power 2013 - Message to Russia,China,Iran,N.Korea HD 1080pby Den ProHD29,828 views
- 41:08 SU-27! The Best Fighter in the World! Film 3/4! (Wings of Russia Studio)by BitnikGr57,441 views
- 50:12 China contra Estados Unidos - La lucha por el petroleoby daniel navarro27,536 views
- 12:19 TECNOLOGÍA DE PUNTA: MAKS - RUSIA 2/2by IVANPANTA1,582 views
- 51:52 Wings of Russia. Fighters. Jet Era. (Episode 3 of 18)by BitnikGr95,963 views
- 15:41 "China Plans Nuclear Stealth Submarine Strikes on USA West & East Coast Cities Killing Millions"by Conspiracy Video Media Coalition783 views
- 7:53 Russian Sukhoi PAK FA T 50 fighter jet BETTER THAN F-22 Raptor and F-35 US Air Force worriedby ArmedForcesUpdate100,795 views
- 22:16 【CCTV-7 军事报道】 2011-12-27 China Defense News Dailyby guofangjunshi959 views
- 6:11 CHINA LUNAR PROBE, The Chang'e II Satellite,LAUNCH Live CCTV-4, OCT.1, 2010by Mr Dan Beaumont13,378 views
- 52:21 Wings of Russia. Fighters. Struggle for Superiority. (Episode 4 of 18)by BitnikGr213,341 views
- Loading more suggestions...