Anderson Cooper Exposes More Of The Brutal Egyptian Dictatorship's Lies & Propaganda
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 9, 2011
Take a look at Liberation Square today. Now, if the Egyptian government is telling the truth, those people in that square who you see, if the Egyptian government is telling the truth, those people are foreigners, they're agitators, they're criminals, they're paid, people paid to be there. But that is not what you see with your own eyes. That is not what I saw standing in that square.
They are people tired of corruption, tired of dictatorship, tired of secret police coming in the night, tired of torture and terror, and tired of being silent. They are people who are no longer afraid. Their fear has been defeated. That is what they tell you. And for them, there is no turning back.
Today in fact, they branched out from that square, staging sit- ins, not just in the square, but at the gates of Parliament and outside the Ministry of Health. There are reports of workers going on strike at post offices, textile mills, even at "Al-Ahram," the government's main newspaper, reports of open revolt there, a sign perhaps that at least a portion of the government propaganda machine may be cracking.
That government newspaper today ran a front-page story condemning, that's right, condemning recent attacks by pro-Mubarak thugs. But the lies from the regime continue. Today, Egypt's foreign minister said the state of emergency cannot be lifted because they have 17,000 prisoners loose in the streets, and many police stations have been destroyed.
And it sounds almost plausible at first, but then you remember that the Mubarak regime has been ruling under a state of emergency for nearly 30 years. That man does not know how to rule any other way. The state of emergency allows the police to do what they want, when they want, to whom they want.
The demonstrators are saying emergency rule must end. Take a look again at Liberation Square. The protesters are actually policing themselves, checking I.D.s, patting people down. The chaos is not in that square, the chaos, the real chaos comes from government thugs who have gone on the attack.
The Mubarak regime has tried to create a crisis. We have shown that night after night, shutting the banks, shutting the trains, trying to shut the Internet. It's a tactic they have used for 30 years, trying to make Egyptians and the world believe that there are only two choices, Mubarak or chaos.
But there are not just two choices. There are other lies as well to tell you about. The government continues to distort or hide the truth about how many people have been killed or detained in the demonstrations. They continue to claim 11 people died. According to Human Rights Watch, that number is closer to 300. And they got that number by canvassing hospitals in Cairo, Alexandria and Suez.
As for the number of detained people, well, Human Rights Watch says at least 119, 119 cases that they can actually document. What does the Egyptian government say? Well, we have asked here and in Cairo, again and again and again, and we have yet to get a single answer. They don't admit to any detentions it seems.
And they continue to lie by painting foreign journalists as outside agitators who along with other foreigners and Islamic extremists have somehow taken over the protest movement. We heard that first from Egypt's President Mubarak.
Full transcript: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPT...
Standard YouTube License
- 50:38 وثائقي| مبارك والعائلة .. السقوط المدويby samir alarify512,385 views
- 17:09 CNN Anderson Cooper 360 on the alleged "Ground Zero Mosque" - It IS Pam Geller's Fault!by Deuce Prez1,149 views
- 6:11 Anderson Cooper DESTROYS Mubarak's Delusional Speech That was "Full Of Lies"by Thingy2,321 views
- 14:25 Jon Stewart Exposes Bill O'Reilly's Stupidity on Bill's showby Bashananal1,196,276 views
- 5:33 More Truth About Egypt's Brutal Dictatorship's Lies: Anderson Cooper & Dr. Fouad Ajamiby Thingy1,444 views
- 10:32 Jon Stewart Class Warfareby Daniel Mainville27,676 views
- 4:44 Anderson Cooper Exposes The Brutal Egyptian Dictatorship's Lies About How It's "Reforming"by Thingy24,873 views
- 7:12 AC360: Anderson Exposes Michele Bachmann's Billion Dollar Lieby Josh Mason26,513 views
- 2:09 Mubarak Family Fortune Scandal on CNN HD فضيحة ثروة عائلة مبارك.mp4by EgyMedic29,766 views
- 6:45 "Ron Paul is great on foreign policy and the drug war!" - Bill Maher crushes Anderson Cooper!by SergeantPepper9916,465 views
- 50:43 مامون مبارك الدريبي يناقش موضوع العداوة بين الإخوة mamoun moubarak dribiby ayoub jamlaoui5,291 views
- 6:13 Lies & Brutality Of Mubarak's Regime: Anderson Cooper & Egyptian Actor Khalid Abdalla Discussby Thingy2,281 views
- 5:00 Fareed Zakaria On Post Mubarak Egypt: "The Army Owns 100s & 100s Of Economic Entities"by Thingy1,370 views
- 2:05 Egypt's Mubarak: Brutal Dictator and Monster; Pictures from Glenn Beckby hugegassaver1,791 views
- 1:04:09 مامون مبارك الدريبي انسياق الآباء لرغبات الأبناء mamoun moubarak dribiby ayoub jamlaoui2,893 views
- 49:34 What the Ancients Knew - Egyptby Mantikore420179,632 views
- 50:43 مامون مبارك الدريبي يحلل ظاهرة سرعة القلق و الشكاوي بين الناس mamoun moubarak dribiby ayoub jamlaoui6,342 views
- 3:21 Anderson Cooper talks to Egyptian State TV's Shahira Amin Who's Just Resigned & Is Whistleblowingby Thingy4,461 views
- 20:58 الدكتور مامون الدريبي يحلل مشروع الـزواج وكيفية الإستعداد لأموره بسهولة تامة . mamoun moubarak dribiby ayoub jamlaoui7,058 views
- 8:50 Christopher Hitchens Interviewed by Anderson Cooperby SocialistLiberal183,724 views
- Loading more suggestions...