BOSS DR55 Programable Analog drum Machine
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 27, 2009
The intro was just the Cwejman with the Maq-16 and some patterns i programed on the DR-55 drummachine without any effect, just a limiter, the rest is the DR-55 with a limiter.
the following was extracted from Vintagesynth.com
The DR-55 Dr. Rhythm was released in 1980 and was one of the first step-write-style drum machines, and it was the first rhythm machine in BOSS' successful Dr. Rhythm Series. It was small, inexpensive and easy to use - perfect for musicians at any level. Incredibly basic controls and sounds made this drum machine an instant hit among guitarists and other musicians looking for drum accompaniment to practice along with and even record into their home recordings.
The DR-55 could store up to six 16-step drum patterns plus an additional two 12-step patterns. The 12-step patterns allowed for 3/4 and 6/8 rhythms. A variation switch allowed you to, on-the-fly, alter the pattern playing. There were only four sounds in the DR-55 which included Snare Drum, Kick Drum, Rim Shot and Hi-Hat. The sounds are comparable to Roland's CR-series of rhythm machines as well as some of Roland's cheaper TR-machines (like the TR-505, TR-606). You can globally adjust the Volume, Tempo, Tone and Accent for the drum sounds.
Step-Mode programming was accomplished in a fairly basic manner: Switch the DR-55 into Write Mode and select a sound from the Sound switch, and use the Start button to place the sound and the Stop button to step through the 16 (or 12) beat pattern. Only Kick, Snare, Rim Shot and Accent could be placed in a pattern in step mode--the Hi-Hats could only be programmed as either Off, 8ths, 12ths or 16ths via the Hi-Hat switch. Primitive programming for sure, but very simple and effective.
Today the DR-55 may seem pretty useless. However it does have an authentic sense of nostalgia being BOSS' first DR-machine and quite a successful early programmable drum machine. You may not find a need for such an instrument today although it does make a great conversation piece!
Standard YouTube License
- 26 videos Play all YouTube Mix - BOSS DR55 Programable Analog drum Machine
- 10:51 Korg Volca Beats- Sonic LAB Reviewby sonicstate Featured 33,084
- 12:00 Moby's Drum Machine & Synth Collectionby geroin31337208,489 views
- 7:23 What Every Guitarist Needs - DR-880 (Awesome sound clip at end)by Christian Arnold30,359 views
- 19:02 Arturia MicroBrute Analog Synth Demoby SourceDistributionTV68,407 views
- 8:40 Alesis SR-16 Digital Drum Machineby tymemedia45,140 views
- 9:05 King of Dr Rhythm DR -3 how to make your own beats n bass lines .by daraandfrank89,039 views
- 8:32 BOSS DR-880: The Incredible Machine And EZ Compose Modeby gearwire269,705 views
- 73 videos Play all BASS EQUIPMENTby rafaellambertus
- 5:13 9-9-09 (An Oral History of Drum Machines)by Robbie Ryan45,550 views
- 14:15 BOSS GT10 v GT100 Reviewby Andertons Music Co110,377 views
- 23:16 Arturia SparkLE Walkthrough, Demo, Tutorialby SourceDistributionTV66,864 views
- 10:23 KORG MINIPOPS SERIES - Demonstration MINI POPS 3 5 7 35 120 Junior | HQ DEMOby AnalogAudio130,343 views
- 40:53 Roland Boss GT-100 GT100 Inside and Out review by tonymckenzie.comby tonymckenziecom109,224 views
- 5:56 SOUND MASTER STIX ST-305 Analog Drum Machine 1982 | HQ DEMOby AnalogAudio114,616 views
- 13:09 Dam Drum: Bleep Labs / Dam-Funk / Stones Throw Drum Machineby djthomaswhite32,200 views
- Native Instruments 325 videos301K
- 16:35 BOSS GT 100 Connections with Roland GA 212by Roland Canada9,886 views
- 6:24 ROLAND CR-78 Analog Drum Machine 1978 + SCI TOM | HQ DEMOby AnalogAudio157,035 views
- 9:55 Episode 1:Turn an analog modelling synth into a drum machineby williamenroh35,911 views
- 5:55 MPC Electronics MPC-1 Analogue Drum Machine Demoby snolan199014,753 views