Land of the Giants - Main Theme (First Season)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 31, 2011
Land of the Giants was an hour-long American science fiction television program lasting two seasons beginning on September 22, 1968 and ending on March 22, 1970. The show was created and produced by Irwin Allen. Land of the Giants was the fourth of Allen's science fiction TV series. The show was aired on ABC and released by 20th Century Fox Television. The series was filmed entirely in color and ran for 51 episodes. The show starred Gary Conway and Don Marshall. Author Murray Leinster also wrote three novels in 1968 and 1969 based on the television series.
Set in the then-future year of 1983, the series tells the tale of the crew and passengers of a sub-orbital transport spaceship called the Spindrift. In the pilot episode, the Spindrift is en route from Los Angeles to London via the ultra-fast route of a parabolic trajectory. Just beyond Earth's boundary with space, the Spindrift encounters a strange space storm and is transported to a mysterious planet where everything is twelve times larger than its counterpart on Earth. The Spindrift crew calls the inhabitants 'the giants'. Given relative proportions shown on the show, the giants are about 72 feet tall (similar to Gulliver's situation in the second part of 'Gulliver's Travels', when he is in the land of Brobdingnag). Everything on their planet is built to their scale — buildings, cars, animals, etc. The Spindrift crashes on this planet and becomes inoperable.
These giants are humanoid in form and though their society resembles in some respects that of 1960s United States of America, their government is totalitarian. However few precise details are given and no governmental symbols are ever seen. The giant government has offered a reward for the capture of the tiny Earth people, presumably because of the Earth's superior technology. Episodes often have the plot of giants capturing one of the passengers or crew with the rest having to rescue him or her. The Earth people avoid capture most of the time because their spaceship is hidden in a forest outside the city. They also occasionally form alliances with individual giants to achieve some commonly beneficial purpose.
The music is composed and conducted by (well, to me anyway) the Rolls Royce of movie and TV composers, Mr. John Williams.
He was born, John Towner Williams (born February 8, 1932) and is an American composer, conductor and pianist. In a career spanning almost six decades, he has composed some of the most recognisable film scores in the history of motion pictures, including the Star Wars saga, Jaws, Superman, the Indiana Jones films, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Hook, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Home Alone and the first three Harry Potter films. He has had a long association with director Steven Spielberg, composing the music for all but two of Spielberg's feature films.
Other notable works by Williams include theme music for four Olympic Games, NBC Sunday Night Football, the NBC Nightly News, the rededication of the Statue of Liberty, the DreamWorks Pictures production logo, and the television series Lost in Space. Williams has also composed numerous classical concerti, and he served as the principal conductor of the Boston Pops Orchestra from 1980 to 1993; he is now the orchestra's conductor laureate.
Williams has won five Academy Awards, four Golden Globe Awards, seven BAFTA Awards and 21 Grammy Awards. With 45 Academy Award nominations, Williams is, together with composer Alfred Newman, the second most nominated person, after Walt Disney. John Williams was honored with the prestigious Richard Kirk award at the 1999 BMI Film and TV Awards. The award is given annually to a composer who has made significant contributions to film and television music. Williams was inducted into the Hollywood Bowl Hall of Fame in 2000, and was a recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors in 2004.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:57 Land of the Giants videoby Kotv6Vfg1Featured 10,425
- 0:45 Time Tunnel Introby grancalamidad 64,068 views
- 5:36 Lost In Space (TV Series Trailer).by rockinkid58 30,479 views
- 11:01 CITY BENEATH THE SEA (1967) NBC UNSOLD PILOTby BrooklynChivalry 7,493 views
- 14:59 30 MOSTLY OBSCURE 60s TV THEME INTROSby RwDt09 146,930 views
- 50:47 Voyage to the bottom of the sea: Terrorby mona0825 74,023 views
- 18:22 The Time Tunnel - Inside Irwin Allensby KrekZoWasHet 245,813 views
- 9:59 Remake these sci-fi shows nextby excitingnewstuff 52,522 views
- 2:16 Tribute to Angela Cartwrightby rainbowstaryskies 116,243 views
- 1:03 LAND OF THE GIANTS: SEASON 3 OPENINGby 1959cwb 28,566 views
- 7:48 Land Of The Giants 2010 "The Lost World" Part 1by Bob Van 36,660 views
- 2:18 Land of the Giants: Next Generationby 1959cwb 3,515 views
- 2:14 2 different versions of the lost in space theme songby robertrobin10 28,274 views
- 0:51 The Champions- Opening Sceneby ChampPublic 110,634 views
- 8:31 ORIGINAL LOST IN SPACE T.V SHOW THE JUPITER 2 LANDS ON A HOSTILE PLANETby Pawlaczyk Michael 85,063 views
- 1:17 Bionic Woman Introby ilovetvintros 868,316 views
- 49:09 The Prisoner Episode 01 arrivalby kacilee123 163,165 views
- 2:28 THE TIME TUNNEL.by beowulfooo 289,010 views
- 10:00 12 MORE 70s TV THEME INTROSby RwDt09 102,137 views
- 1:25 THE BANANA SPLITS SHOW TV THEMEby joao Venerando 506,563 views
- Loading more suggestions...