KSP - [High-Quality video capture test]
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 16, 2013
Watch in 1080p for the best experience!!!
Using DEADB33Fs plugin 'Dynamic Warp' (released today, the 16th of Feb 2013) we are now able to slow down KSP an absurd amount. This makes recording high quality footage with high FPS possible using even a laptop, so I took the opportunity to test it out. I'll be needing this technique for some upcoming KSP videos.
Reddit post about the plugins - http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpacePr...
KSP thread for the plugin - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/s...
This footage was recorded at 1/8th normal speed, with just about every KSP graphical setting maxed out.
The game was running around 15fps with Fraps recording full screen (1920x1080), the recorded footage was then sped up to normal speed using Premier Pro (any other video editor that can change the playback speed of footage should be able to do the same), then rendered at 25 fps in HD, resulting in some pretty smooth KSP footage (otherwise impossible to record footage like this unless you have small super-computer)
Note that before using the plugin, this ship would launch at less than 10fps with the lowest possible graphics settings (this was without Fraps running too, at at a much smaller window size than 1920x1080)
The plugin does well in taking a lot of strain off the computer, at the expense of running the game considerably slower.
As you can see from the footage there are still some parts which freeze up a bit, generally when large collisions are happening. Running at 1/16, or 1/32 speed could fix this, but again would take much longer to record with the game running that slow. More testing required.
Theres also some jaggered camera movements I wasnt too happy with, but that comes down to my technique when recording/playing the game. With some practice I should be able to record much smoother camera movements (think of pretty much stop-motion techniques here)
Audio was messed up since I had music & videos running in the background while playing, will need to do further testing to see if the audio can be used at all when slowed down and sped up again using this plugin and process.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Ghosts N Stuff" on
- 5:06 Largest Plane Ever - The Titan Mk4 - Kerbal Space Program (modded)by ArcticAstrophysics 29,385 views
- 13:40 KSP - U.N.S.C. Frigateby nubeees's channel 4,315 views
- 5:21 KSP 0.18 - Suestra cruiser test flightby SuestraGamingHD 39,194 views
- 1:00:13 Kerbal Space Program Episode 07 "Even Bigger Space Station"by TheNinjaCorporation 820 views
- 5:28 Kerbal Space Program - Laythe space stationby SuestraGamingHD 36,847 views
- 26:57 Kerbal Space Program Insane Rockets Division S2 Ep4by Thor LP 87,853 views
- 4:51 Kerbal Space Program - Valkyrie cruiser visits Dunaby SuestraGamingHD 18,782 views
- 15:39 KSP Test Pilot: SR-98 Splitter - 24/01/13by HOCgaming 22,535 views
- 4:47 Kerbal Space Program - Mini-UFO and Lighting Glitch?by heretic391 2,955 views
- 6:36 Kerbal Space Program - Solar Powered Aircraftby Become A Heretic Today! Sub 6,144 views
- 6:07 Solar Powered Aircraft in Kerbal Space Program 0.18by Scott Manley 104,414 views
- 38:44 Kerbal Space Program Ep24: Docking HUGE Payloadsby Gaming with Stomp 129,611 views
- 30:38 Kerbal Space Probes - New Stuff In KSP 0.18by Scott Manley 49,931 views
- 39:01 Kerbal Space Program - Space Shuttle Developmentby kurtjmac 198,625 views
- 3:20 Kerbal Space Program - UNSC MAC Cannon Orbital Platformby sagara117 5,917 views
- 1:25:03 Jaimito.huracan.DVD VHSby emilen81 124,043 views
- 24:48 Kerbal Space Program - Kethane - #01 - Getting that satellite up there!by TheOcramHD 2,834 views
- 18:45 Kerbal Space Program - Lapcat A2 Hypersonic Aircraftby Become A Heretic Today! Sub 2,463 views
- 15:40 KSP to the moon and back. No modsby UberFAKnNooB 4,659 views
- 5:42 1000 Red Matter explosive'sby EndoGamics 5,772 views
- Loading more suggestions...