Kannada Writer S.L. Bhyrappa selected for 20th Saraswati Samman for his Novel Mandra - Suvarna news
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 15, 2011
http://www.suvarnanews.tv - 16 November 2011 - Saraswati Sammana:
Kannada writer S. L. Bhyrappa was selected for the 20th Saraswati Samman for his novel Mandra on 5 April 2011. Bhyrappa has so far published 22 novels. His first novel, Bheemakaya was published in 1959. His latest novel is called Aavarana and was published in 2007. Mandra is one of the most acclaimed epic novels of Bhyrappa who has been one of the bestselling novelists in Kannada over the past 25 years. Mandra depicts the world of North Indian classical music and Its locale is Bombay, Delhi, Gwalior, Banaras, Malva and California.
Several movies were made based on his work such as Naayi Neralu (2006), Matadana (2000), Tabbaliyu Neenaade Magane (1975) etc. A popular television series, Grihabhanga was also based on his work.
He has several pretigious literary awards in the past. He won The Karnataka State Sahitya (Literary) Academy Best Literary Work of the Year Award twice in 1968 and 1974 for Vamshavriksha and Daatu respectively. For Daatu he also won Central Sahitya Academy (Institute of Letters) Best Literary Work Award in 1975. In 1986 he won the Karnataka State Award for Total Contribution to Literature. in 2002 he had won Samanyajnana Award for Contribution to Literature. He recived the Honorary D.Litt from Karnataka University-Dharwad in 2010. Also he was honoured with awards like NTR Award (Andhra Pradesh), Hedgewar Award (Calcutta), S. R. Patil Award for Contribution to Literature, Award of the Bharatiya Bhasha Parishat, Samvatsar Puraskar (Calcutta) for Tantu (Fibre).
The winner of the Saraswati Samman for 2010 was chosen after considering works published in 22 Indian languages during 2000-09 by jury Chayan Parishad (jury) headed by former Chief Justice of India G. B. Patnaik.
Saraswati Samman constituted by the K. K. Birla Foundation in 1991. is recognised as the most prestigious and the highest literary honour in the country. The award is given annually to an outstanding literary work written in an Indian language and published during the last 10 years.
Ismat Chughtai was the first recipient of the award for Urdu Literature. In 2009 the award was given to Surjit Paatar for Lafzan Di Dargah. Other awardees of the prestigious award include Marathi playwright Vijay Tendulkar, Oriya writer Manoj Das, Malayalam poetess Balamaniamma, Tamil writer Indira Parthasarathy, Bengali novelist Sunil Gangopadhyay and Urdu literary critic Shamsur Rahman Faruqi.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:02:14 Pancharangiby Indel androidFeatured 17,702
- 16:48 Saraswati Samman: Kannada Author Bhyrappa Anavarna - Suvarna news - seg_3by suvarnanews 1,392 views
- 10:05 Saraswati Samman: Kannada Author Bhyrappa Anavarna - Suvarna news - seg_1by suvarnanews 1,462 views
- 36:04 Saraswati Samman: Kannada Author Bhyrappa Anavarna - Suvarna news - seg_4by suvarnanews 1,468 views
- 11:08 Saraswati Samman: Kannada Author Bhyrappa Anavarna - Suvarna news - seg_2by suvarnanews 1,163 views
- 8:19 SIDDARAMAIAH INTERVIEW PUBLiC TV PART 2by publictvnewskannada 2,650 views
- 11:37 TV9 - Actor Anant Nag's Film & Life History : "Anant Antaranga" - Part 8by tv9kannadanews 2,003 views
- 2:12 Women Dead After Trying To Catch a Running Train in Mysore - Suvarna newsby suvarnanews 269,430 views
- 2:10:18 Munjane (2012) Full Kannada Movie DVDRip MiltZby MiltZ KannadaMovies 165,228 views
- 8:43 Pratap Simha On URAby Manju Shankar 21,523 views
- 1:01:24 Kannadadha Kotyadipathi Season - 2 - Kannadada Kotyadhipathi 2 - Episode - 08 - 21.3.13by suvarna 7,171 views
- 10:07 Ganesh Part 1by sanwriter 6,509 views
- 7:50 BETTADA JEEVA Award winning Kannada film promoby P Sheshadri 6,760 views
- 2:31:02 eradu Kanasu 1974: Full Length kannada Movieby kannadabiscoot 7,137 views
- 5:44 S L Bhyrappa's Talk on Conversions: Finalby sanwriter 2,284 views
- 39:29 TV9 - "Movie Songs Scriptwriter Jayanth Kaikini" in "Nanna Kathe" - Fullby tv9kannadanews 7,053 views
- 10:05 G Anil Kumar's Talk on Avarana (novel of S. L. Bhyrappa) and Secularism in India.aviby G ANIL KUMAR 1,982 views
- 14:12 Seg 2 - Kambar Jnanpith controversy - Duniya - 11 oct 11 - Suvarna Newsby suvarnanews 482 views
- 2:28:35 Drama Kannada Full movieby Rajath Hegde 177,233 views
- 6:19 Latest Super Hit Tamil Christian Devotional song Deepa Miriam.by Anto Pandeth 40,503 views
- Loading more suggestions...