Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 18, 2008
Mathieu Labaye's short-movie, Camera etc (Belgium, Liège): http://www.camera-etc.be
Great tribute to his father Benoît Labaye, suffered from a multiple sclerosis at 29 years old. Benoît Labaye had been confined to a wheelchair since age 40 and died at 55 years old the 04.22.2006, as a result of a pneumonia.
In the movie, you can hear Benoît Labaye speaking:
"I think it's by the movement you appropriate your own life. By the freedom to come and go, to have gestures of love, tenderness, anger, whatever. When you are deprived of movements, as I am and as a lot of other people are, I think if you want to survive, you must reinvent the movement differently. And so what happens inside my head isn't purely brain, purely intellectual. It's a way of recreating an inner space which is also my freedom."
"When you live a severe handicap, when you live absolutely still, dependent, you live, in fact, something that can't be shared, that can't be easily expressed, which you can't easily talk about. Because when two people talk, to be able to understand each other, they need to have a minimum of common experience between them, to speak of something they both know from some form of experience."
"Sure, the stillness, the handicap, brings you to the conclusion and to the gradual acceptance that there's a certain number of things that you can't do. But conversely I think it opens a whole bunch of new possibilities, notably with inner freedom, inner space, but also with the way you can come in contact, in relation with others.
I think there is in the handicap, in the disease, a lot of potentiality. The human being is inexhaustible at the level of desire, of energy, of inner strength. Ans it's something you discover with maybe more urge, more intensity, when you're deprived of movement."
court-métrage de Mathieu Labaye, Camera etc (Belgique,Liège): http://www.camera-etc.be
Magnifique hommage à son père Benoît Labaye, atteint d'une sclérose en plaques à 29 ans. Dans un fauteuil roulant à 40 ans, Benoît Labaye s'est éteint le 22.04.2006 à l'age de 55 ans des suites d'une pneumonie.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:26 Oktapodi (2007) - Oscar 2009 Animated Short Filmby Linus AjamenFeatured 3,318,112
- 5:37 Azureus Rising - Proof of Conceptby blacksunent1 1,301,069 views
- 7:49 Chinese CG:气韵生动 (English Title: The Way )by aladdin518 134,491 views
- 3:43 Halluciiby Goo-Shun Wang 1,045,020 views
- 6:25 Vincent - Tim.Burton.Short.Animation.1982by petrover 2,749,670 views
- 6:01 Granny O'Grimm's Sleeping Beauty - Full HDby brownbagfilms 1,928,356 views
- 0:21 How To Break An Apple in half with your finger...AND FIST!!!!!by BigDogLtd 5,975,288 views
- 9:32 The Backwater Gospelby Bo Mathorne 940,246 views
- 3:02 Perils of Love...by John Pasden 593,815 views
- 19:16 Minecraft Adventures - Animationby FedoraCO 1,990,183 views
- 3:34 One Life - Amazing Animation by Corey Hayes (Song is "Old Man" by Neil Young)by aniBOOM 3,890,368 views
- 9:07 The yellow envelope / L'enveloppe jauneby CameraEtc 7,678 views
- 4:30 Story from North Americaby kirstenlepore 1,095,280 views
- 10:39 Tim Minchin's Storm the Animated Movieby stormmovie 2,291,314 views
- 5:40 fin d'ete - end of summerby elephury 1,136,464 views
- 3:06 Thought of You - by Ryan Woodwardby RyanWoodwardart 3,515,221 views
- 4:48 James Jean Prada short - Trembled Blossomsby shc32 105,906 views
- 1:48 "Cat's Meow" A short film by Jorge "Jay" Garcia - Ringling College of Art and Designby JayJayJay83 644,769 views
- 6:25 EL EMPLEO / THE EMPLOYMENT - OPUSBOUby PlazaBou 512,873 views
- 4:09 Le Royaumeby gobelins 792,338 views
- Loading more suggestions...