Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 18, 2008
Mathieu Labaye's short-movie, Camera etc (Belgium, Liège): http://www.camera-etc.be
Great tribute to his father Benoît Labaye, suffered from a multiple sclerosis at 29 years old. Benoît Labaye had been confined to a wheelchair since age 40 and died at 55 years old the 04.22.2006, as a result of a pneumonia.
In the movie, you can hear Benoît Labaye speaking:
"I think it's by the movement you appropriate your own life. By the freedom to come and go, to have gestures of love, tenderness, anger, whatever. When you are deprived of movements, as I am and as a lot of other people are, I think if you want to survive, you must reinvent the movement differently. And so what happens inside my head isn't purely brain, purely intellectual. It's a way of recreating an inner space which is also my freedom."
"When you live a severe handicap, when you live absolutely still, dependent, you live, in fact, something that can't be shared, that can't be easily expressed, which you can't easily talk about. Because when two people talk, to be able to understand each other, they need to have a minimum of common experience between them, to speak of something they both know from some form of experience."
"Sure, the stillness, the handicap, brings you to the conclusion and to the gradual acceptance that there's a certain number of things that you can't do. But conversely I think it opens a whole bunch of new possibilities, notably with inner freedom, inner space, but also with the way you can come in contact, in relation with others.
I think there is in the handicap, in the disease, a lot of potentiality. The human being is inexhaustible at the level of desire, of energy, of inner strength. Ans it's something you discover with maybe more urge, more intensity, when you're deprived of movement."
court-métrage de Mathieu Labaye, Camera etc (Belgique,Liège): http://www.camera-etc.be
Magnifique hommage à son père Benoît Labaye, atteint d'une sclérose en plaques à 29 ans. Dans un fauteuil roulant à 40 ans, Benoît Labaye s'est éteint le 22.04.2006 à l'age de 55 ans des suites d'une pneumonie.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:00:14 (10 HOURS) How to Make a Viral Videoby TobyGames197,517 views
- 9:33 The Backwater Gospel (HD) DISTURBINGLY AWESOME Animated movie. Feat.in Sketchozine.com Vol.8by MadArtistPublishing2,272,327 views
- 6:24 Tom Waits For No One - Animated 1979 ... John Lambby austinstein735,810 views
- 4:16 Procrastination by Johnny Kellyby micaiahiam865,217 views
- 6:19 Powdered Toast Man part 1by Madworld447259,232 views
- 6:25 Vincent - Tim.Burton.Short.Animation.1982by petrover2,947,992 views
- 5:37 Azureus Rising - Proof of Conceptby blacksunent11,704,931 views
- 15:22 Minecraft: Modded Dinosaur Survival Let's Play w/Mitch! Ep. 3 - BATTLE TOWERS MOD!by TheBajanCanadian407,967 views
- 24:55 Minecraft Xbox - Distracted by stampylonghead821,648 views
- 7:22 2 in the AM PMby sacks101,615,690 views
- 4:48 James Jean Prada short - Trembled Blossomsby shc32107,714 views
- 3:43 Halluciiby Goo-Shun Wang1,058,449 views
- 15:45 BUSTED (short-film)by Grosstelevision GP5,928,201 views
- 21:21 Big Brother Forced Her Sisterby matineemasala3,770,270 views
- 8:33 The Most Amazing Videoby hello2shahid97,375 views
- 4:49 Tricia's Story of Multiple Sclerosisby National MS Society, Pacific South Coast Chapter182,989 views
- 3:10 VIRAL MUSIC VIDEO (w/ Lyrics!)by TobyTurner197,181 views
- 12:01 Let's Play Stanley Parable - Part 1by TobyGames181,516 views
- 2:35 Sonata - An Animated Short Filmby Ryan McDougal231,325 views
- 2:04 SWITCH. A short film by Tyson Hesseby Tyson Hesse1,267,093 views
- Loading more suggestions...