TEDxGrandRapids - Steve Rosenbaum - Innovate: Curation!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 6, 2011
In a world of bandwidth and content abundance, we're overwhelmed with data, tweets, blogs, check in's and media. It used to be we surfed the web. Now the waves of the web are just too big. Curation is the new magic that makes the web work. Bringing the web back to human scale with human filters you trust and love. A powerful mix of passion and context turns noise back into signal.
Speaker Bio: Steven Rosenbaum -- Author: Curation Nation. Steven in an entrepreneur, filmmaker, and curator. As the CEO of the web's largest Video Curation Platform, Magnify.net -- he provides a realtime curation solution that powers more than 86,000 sites, including NY Magazine, New York Magazine, Mediaite, and The Week.com. Increasingly, curated content is powering ecommerce, brands, and organizations like Patagonia, National Wildlife Federation and RocaWear.
Rosenbaum created MTV's groundbreaking user-generated series MTV UNfiltered, a pre-web television project that handed cameras to young storytellers. Since that time he has built a career finding, organizing, and contextualizing stories.
Rosenbaum's work in media includes filmmaking work as an Emmy Award winning documentary filmmaker. His film "7 Days In September" gathered more than 500 hours of video around 9/11 -- creating a curated journey through the eyes of 28 filmmakers and citizen storytellers.
Rosenbaum's vision of curation is the subject of his book Curation Nation (McGrawHill / Spring 2011) engages with more than 60 thought leaders and companies to help explore and define the power of Curation for Brands, Media, and Consumers.
Today, Rosenbaum calls Curation the "New Magic" of the connected world -- fixing the signal to noise problem, and making the world contextual and coherent again.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxGrandRapids, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxGrandRapids event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:52 TEDxGrandRapids- Carol Coletta - Innovate: Your Cityby TEDxTalks 1,439 views
- 8:30 TEDxTokyo - Kaori Brand - Be Connected - [English]by TEDxTalks 6,620 views
- 15:12 TEDxGrandRapids - Sam Harrington - Innovate: Ultra-Rapid Renewablesby TEDxTalks 1,904 views
- 16:33 TEDxKrungthep - Jeff Utecht - "Community Trumps Content"by TEDxTalks 5,206 views
- 16:42 TEDxGrandRapids - Layli Miller-Muro - Innovate: Justiceby TEDxTalks 7,310 views
- 15:18 TEDxGrandRapids - Michael Strong - Innovate: Experienceby TEDxTalks 1,156 views
- 14:54 TEDxGrandRapids - Christina Keller - Innovate: Entreprenuerismby TEDxTalks 1,099 views
- 12:05 TEDxGrandRapids - Gabor George Burt - Innovate: Innovationby TEDxTalks 1,353 views
- 17:34 TEDxGrandRapids - Amy Davidsen - Innovate: Clean Revolutionby TEDxTalks 580 views
- 26:14 TEDxGrandRapids - Jeffery Kimpton - Innovate: Artby TEDxTalks 744 views
- 15:11 TEDxGrandRapids - Sheryl Connelly - Innovate: Uncertaintyby TEDxTalks 1,421 views
- 11:49 TEDxGrandRapids - Salah Boukadoum - Innovate: Philanthropyby TEDxTalks 2,701 views
- 17:46 How context shapes content: Rodney Mullen at TEDxUSCby TEDxTalks 187,956 views
- 17:31 TEDxGrandRapids - Steve Frazee - Innovate TEDxGrandRapidsby TEDxTalks 378 views
- 5:38 TEDxGrandRapids- Musical Performance- Patrick Flanagan -"wowow"by TEDxTalks 295 views