To The Venus Project
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 13, 2011
This machinima film is a fictional message from a post apocalyptic and pro sustainablility future world to the current day Venus Project and its founders.
What is the Venus Project?
The Venus Project ( http://www.thevenusproject.com/ ) was started
around 1975 (formally called "Sociocyberneering") by Jacque Fresco and
founded on the idea that poverty is caused by the stifling of progress in
technology, which itself is caused by the present world's profit-driven
economic system. Presenting a bold, new direction for humanity that entails nothing less than the total redesign of our culture, resolving the serious problems of unemployment, violent crime, replacement of humans by technology, over-population and a decline in the Earth's ecosystems.
According to Fresco, poverty, crime, corruption and war are the result of scarcity created by the present world's profit-based economic system.
The Venus Project is dedicated to confronting these problems by actively engaging in the research, development, and application of workable solutions through the use of innovative approaches to social awareness, educational incentives, and the consistent application of the best that science and technology can offer directly to the social system, The Venus Project offers a comprehensive plan for social reclamation in which human beings, technology, and nature will be able to coexist in a long-term, sustainable state of dynamic equilibrium.
Fundamental to the project is what Fresco calls a "resource-based economy". Such a system uses existing resources, rather than money, to provide an equitable method of distribution in the most humane and efficient manner. It is a system in which all goods and services are available to everyone without the use of money, credits, barter, or any other form of debt or servitude.
Fresco argues that the world is rich in natural resources and energy and that, with modern technology and judicious efficiency, the needs of the global population can be met with abundance, while at the same time removing the current limits of what is deemed possible because of notions of economic viability.
Fresco provides an example of this confusion in the following quote: "At the beginning of World War II the U.S. had a mere 600 or so first-class fighting aircraft. We rapidly overcame this short supply by turning out more than 90,000 planes a year. The question at the start of World War II was: Do we have enough funds to produce the required implements of war? The answer was No, we did not have enough money, nor did we have enough gold; but we did have more than enough resources. It was the available resources that enabled the US to achieve the high production and efficiency required to win the war. Unfortunately this is only considered in times of war."
Fresco states that for this to work, all of Earth's resources must be held as the common heritage of all people and not just a select few; and the practice of rationing resources through monetary methods is irrelevant and counter-productive to the survival of human civilization.
The Venus Project was featured prominently in the 2008 documentary film Zeitgeist: Addendum, as a possible solution to the global problems explained in the first film and first half of the second film.
Following the movie, an organization called the Zeitgeist Movement was established to promote the aims of the Venus Project.
JOIN THE VENUS PROJECT HERE; ( http://www.thevenusproject.com/en/get... )
More About Etopia here ( http://etopiaisland.org/index.html )
Filmed on location with very Grateful thanks;
Inspire Space Park & Shinda co Earth Primbee,
Little Kassiopeya co Chantalia Carter,
Kronbelt memorial to 1984 Union Carbide disaster co Mecha Innis,
Brooklyn, New York co Dehlia Steinhardt,
Gallifrey co Cheshyr Pontchartrain,
Etopia Eco Village co Namaara MacMoragh.
Original Music created by Celestial Elf via freesound sources
( http://www.freesound.org/ )
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1 License
( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/s... )
Original poem c. Celestial Elf
( http://celestialelfdanceoflife.blogsp... )
Filmed on SecondLife via Snowglobe 1.4.2.
Made using Frapps, Serif MoviePlus X3 on Windows XP.
Conceived, Directed and Produced by Celestial Elf 2011.
Standard YouTube License
- 27:17  Venus Project: Attaining Sustainability, Nuclear Genocide, Are YOU Flagged as a Threat?by breakingtheset Featured 14,971
- 1:29:24 Future By Design - Full documentary (The Venus Project)by Alan Avila539 views
- 48:14 Paraíso o Perdición (Paradise or Oblivion) - Documental del Proyecto Venus doblado al españolby Francisco Javier García Zaragoza2,856 views
- 57:00 "The 16 Year Old Killer" Cyntoia's Story (full documentary)by JayArgonaut1,562,396 views
- 48:12 A NEW WORLD SYSTEM - Paradise or Oblivion - 2012 Documentaryby Alan Avila891 views
- 48:16 Proyecto Venus -HD- Documental español (sub)by TOABU20132,992 views
- 56:45 Crystal Meth ★ The Hardest Drug - Documentary 2013by Zaida Veller2,256,537 views
- 48:13 Paraiso o Perdicion (Documental)by Pasando Los Limites904 views
- 2:14:30 Jacque Fresco - Stockholm Lecture - The Venus Project [EXTENDED]by UKZeitgeist17,866 views
- 42:15 Jacque Fresco on Larry King Live Fullby Tyson Eberly69,751 views
- 1:05:02 Jacque Fresco - What the Future Holds Beyond 2000 - Nichols College (1999)by Jacque Fresco132,801 views
- 14:06 Why did The Venus Project part ways with The Zeitgeist Movement?by Jonathan Bird29,013 views
- 5:29 THE VENUS PROJECT - Inside the New Cities | via TVPDby WakeUpWorld TV121,759 views
- 42:13 Explicacion de que es el proyecto Venus por Jacque Fresco (El futuro) (Español)by Ulises Pérez3,103 views
- 1:40:43 Visiting The Venus Project | Jacque Fresco | Part 1 of 2by TheVenusProjectRUS13,657 views
- 21:10 Russell Brand on The Zeitgeist Movement?by sweins310,493 views
- 12:36 The Venus Project: Designing the Future (World Lecture Tour Edition)by TZMChapterGiessen34,834 views
- 55:51 Wisdom Trek - Jacque Fresco (Questions)by thecast: life video blog19,784 views
- 1:13:53 The Mars Underground City [Full Documentary]by TruthExposed257,798 views
- 55:52 Welcome to the Futureby Pablo Costa Tirado28,674 views
- Loading more suggestions...