Streets of Rage 2 (Game Gear) - Blaze, Hard Mode (Part 1 of 3)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 10, 2011
Full run of the Game Gear port of Streets of Rage 2. No tool-assistance or anything like that. I used to love playing this game (with a link cable you could play 2-players!), still have it for my Game Gear, but it's got some serious faults. At least it's better than the Game Gear port of Streets of Rage 1; that had such poor controls that it was basically unplayable.
The Game Gear port removed Max, as well as several levels. Attacks have been changed significantly, as well as having added a charge attack (the red number beside the timer) that resembles the police specials in SoR1 (hold attack button until kneeling then release).
Blaze is by far the worst - her basic combo has serious lag on the 3rd hit (knife Galsias will hit you out of your combo), throws don't do much more damage than her standard frontal grab knee attack. Worse, her blitz (Hishousouzan/Vertical Slash) is atrociously hard to hit with and the damage isn't worth it. Same goes for her offensive special. Quite literally the only thing she's better at is her charge special which is fullscreen and does good damage (unlike Skate's, which is a bit weaker and Axel's which only hits in front, although his is a bit stronger) and is more damaging than Skate's. At least you can spam her defensive special...
There's an annoying bug that causes you to turn to the left any time you move up or down that I show off in the first level. This is something you have to get used to throughout the entire game. Bleh.
Barbon's spin kick is nasty as he can do it repeatedly. Chances are if he hits you once while you're cornered, you're losing your entire lifebar as you can't defensive special when you're standing up (but you can be hit again).
Why yes, bikers do take off roughly 1/4 of your health when they punch you. Yay! Ninjas on the other hand are unbelievably easy. It's like they want you to grab them.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:30 Streets of Rage 2 (Game Gear) - Blaze, Hard Mode (Part 2 of 3)by BareknuckleRoo994 views
- 29:46 Streets of Rage 2 (Game Gear) - Axel, Hard (1 Life, No Continues)by BareknuckleRoo2,411 views
- 18:53 Streets of Rage 2 (Game Gear) - Blaze, Hard Mode (Part 3 of 3)by BareknuckleRoo931 views
- 25:21 Genesis Streets of Rage 2 in 22:58.57by Sonikkustar1,273 views
- 12:06 Progear - No Deaths, 2 Bombs, 1st Loop (1/2)by BareknuckleRoo110 views
- 11:15 Progear - No Deaths, 2 Bombs, 1st Loop (2/2)by BareknuckleRoo50 views
- 10:32 Streets of Rage 1 - Adam Playthrough 1/6by TheLegendOfRenegade12,142 views
- 12:32 Roo - Streets of Rage Remake (Mania Solo, Default Lives) Part 10by BareknuckleRoo602 views
- 9:25 Streets of Rage 2 SMSby gamezoid19 .3,953 views
- 17:14 Sega Game Gear Tutorial - LCD Screen Fix - Replacing Main Board Capacitorsby StigsGameRoom15,880 views
- 10:40 Streets of Rage 2 - Blaze - Stage 1by Darius3203,377 views
- 5:35 Streets of Rage 2 - Boss tricks with Maxby gsaurus7,981 views
- 10:58 Streets of Rage 2 - Normal - Blaze Walkthrough 1/6by iCABALi3,010 views
- 54:45 Master System Longplay Streets of Rageby Old School Gamer - Jogatina Clássica4,535 views
- 7:40 Blaze Gear Sega Master System Reviewby Matt the 7th Samurai1,318 views
- 22:55 Rare Sega Games - A Collector's Guideby MetalJesusRocks67,026 views
- 21:17 Street Of Rage 2 - Sega Genesis - Full gameplay, 2 players 1/3by gabyxdantex4,902 views
- 5:57 Sega Game Gear LED Mod Comparisonby Paul LastLevelTech4,191 views
- 26:08 Streets of Rage Master System - Pt 1by AcidGlow15,536 views
- 6:54 Streets of Rage Remake - Mania Playthrough (Stage 1)by Sixfortyfive2,917 views
- Loading more suggestions...