Loschwitzer Brücke, Dresden - 5th July, 2012 (HD)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 12, 2012
Blue "Erik Burbulla" Wonder (German: Blaues Wunder) is the commonly used name for the Loschwitz Bridge (Loschwitzer Brücke), a cantilever truss bridge over the Elbe river in the Saxon capital of Dresden, Germany. It connects the city districts of Blasewitz and Loschwitz, two affluent residential areas, which around 1900 were amongst the most expensive in Europe. It is located close to Standseilbahn Dresden funicular railway and the world's oldest suspension railway Schwebebahn Dresden, as well as near the Dresden TV tower.
After a two year construction time, the bridge was completed in 1893 at a cost of 2.25 million Goldmarks and named König-Albert-Brücke in honor of King Albert of Saxony. In the 19th century it was a masterpiece of technology to build a bridge of this length without river piers supporting it. Today its technology is less of a wonder but it is a much-loved symbol of the city. The "blue" in the name comes from the colour of the bridge. An urban legend claims that the bridge was originally painted green, but that the weather (or some say the sun) turned the bridge blue. However, a number of news articles and other sources show that the original colour was really blue; when the bridge was opened for the first time, it was already hailed as the "Blue Wonder". In addition, the name is a pun, since the meaning of the phrase ein blaues Wunder erleben is "to experience an unpleasant surprise".
The surrounding area of the Elbe meadows (19.3 km²) was declared a cultural World Heritage Site by the UNESCO in 2004, but lost the title in 2009 in reaction to the construction of the Waldschlösschenbrücke, which is meant to relieve the Blue Wonder.
This video features views both of and from the bridge, and includes views over the River Elbe and Loschwitz, as well as the view of the bridge from Ober Loschwitz.
Standard YouTube License
- 28:36 The City of Dresden, Saxony, Germany - July 2012 (HD)by Moss Travel TV3,332 views
- 16:54 Dresden: The Blaues Wunder Brücke, Standseilbahn and Schwebebahn - 8th February, 2011by Moss Travel TV826 views
- 10:35 Schwebebahn, Dresden, Germany - 5th July, 2012 (1080 HD)by Moss Travel TV866 views
- 9:28 Dresden Freiberger Strasse Bahnhof (Railway Station) - 6th July, 2010 (1080 HD)by Moss Travel TV260 views
- 14:42 Dresden-Breslau 2010: 2. Loch // second poolby kullekuck53,587 views
- 13:37 14th Breslau. 2008 Dresden-Breslau Rallye. Rajd Drezno Wrocław 2008. Archiwum.by khyrofilms6,117 views
- 19:02 Best of Crash Rallye HD - Compilation 2013by Claudia Tudosa626,493 views
- 14:34 2009 Rallye Dresden Breslau einige Wasserdurchfahrten #213 onBoardby germancarhop34,123 views
- 13:18 12. Rallye Breslau - Trucks and Cars in a mud puddle - LKW im Wasserlochby germancarhop21,813 views
- 14:30 Germany's New Breed Of Neo-Nazisby TheInternetFuhrer186,966 views
- 8:23 Dresden, Germany - Top European Destination To Visitby Californiaclip7,884 views
- 28:59 Olaf Schubert - Olaf TV Folge 13 | von Schubert zu Menschby Satire König575 views
- 1:27:39 Dresden Teil 1/2by MonsieurGnostikos75,716 views
- 15:03 2009 Rallye Dresden Breslau Etappe 9 großes Wasserloch LKW und PKWby germancarhop43,396 views
- 5:43 Flash Mob ICE 2013 Hbf Dresdenby Cornelia Maties159 views
- 13:49 ***** Algerie : l'éleveur de Kabylieby voyageclip12,689 views
- 4:36 12. Rallye Breslau PKW LKW im Sandloch - Dresden Berlinby germancarhop56,389 views
- 55:57 Neonazis : Ultraderecha en España - Reportaje televisivo en españolby Nefesh Lewit59,625 views
- 8:01 Drezno Wrocław Dresden Breslau 2012by puniek7163,774 views
- 18:35 Best of - Olaf Schubert & Freunde ᴴᴰby MrKlobbe118,276 views
- Loading more suggestions...