Arc Hotel Morogoro with safaris to Mikumi, Selous and Wami River
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 4, 2012
The Arc Hotel opened in August 2009. It is a modern international level hotel, located at the outskirts of the city of Morogoro, approximately 200 km west of Dar es Salaam.
Arc Hotel offers comfortable double or single occupancy rooms and apartment-suites with view towards the Uluguru Mountains.
The hotel restaurant offers a wide variety of dishes and indoor as well as open air services for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Tourism resources in the neighbourhood include:
1) The Uluguru Mountains, located within walking distance from Morogoro, remains basically untouched by tourism. During more than three centuries these mountains have been home to the Luguru ethnic group (Luguru = people of the mountain). The Luguru people counts several thousand inhabiting the lower slopes of the mountains. They are skilful farmers who exploit the steep mountain slopes to grow staples like rice,maize and vegetables.
The Luguru society remains strongly matrilineal. Land is the property of women, passing from mother to daughter, in contrast to other ethnic groups in Tanzania where men own the land. Not surprisingly, baby girls are preferred to baby boys in the Luguru society.
2) The Mikumi National Park some 70 kms further south which covers 3200 sq.kms, is the home to an abundance of wildlife.
3) Udzungwa Narional Park lies nearby.
4) To the south and east of Mikumi lies the Selous which is the largest game reserve in Africa and is second only to the Serengeti in its concentration of game, most notably elephants, buffalo and rhinoceros.
5) Ruaha National Park is the second largest national park in Tanzania. It is located in the middle of Tanzania about 400 km west of Morogoro.
6) The Wami-Mbiki river wildlife management area is also an important tourist resource in the Morogoro area. This vast wilderness area of 4000 sq.kms is situated only 50 kms due north-east of Morogoro.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Mack The Knife" on
- 2:17 FEATURED HUNT 1 SELOUS 2011.flvby adrenalinproduction1 1,467 views
- 19:39 Dar es Salaam, Tanzaniaby mwoutersspain 37,351 views
- 12:16 Ruaha National Parkby libaueli 597 views
- 5:03 Mount Meru Hotel in Arusha, Tanzania, at a glimpse (Michuzi Blog)by MUHIDIN MICHUZI 2,175 views
- 5:39 Morogoro - Tanzania Africaby rndomn8 6,481 views
- 0:25 Kudus - Hunting Kudus at Cheetah Safaris .flvby Cheetah Safaris South Africa 230 views
- 4:15 Dar es Salaam Hotels, Hotels in Dar es Salaam, Hotel South Beach Resort TANZANIAby Sam Jaffer 2,261 views
- 7:03 BURIAL CEREMONY OF LATE ALLY KLEIST SYKES MAY 20, 2013by MUHIDIN MICHUZI 1,428 views
- 1:24 Motsomi Safaris South Africa Rifle Hunting Black Wildebeest Brownby Ria Potgieter 131 views
- 5:31 One day in Ruaha Tanzaniaby Bart Cuypers 164 views
- 5:10 Arc Hotel, Tanzaniaby svendkraemer 103 views
- 7:23 Aquaculture Aid - St Peter's Samaki Projectby unclegriffo 629 views
- 3:07 Episode 51: Saba Saba Clothing Marketby Chris Vickio 493 views
- 5:07 Morogoro Orphants Home, Tanzaniaby pete ruppert 307 views
- 1:41 Cities of the World - Morogoro (Tanzania)by citiesofworld 7,863 views
- 10:31 Goda Krishna Utsava Murthy Prana Pratishta Mahotsav Dar es Salaam Tanzaniaby Ram Nagesh 115 views
- 8:00 Selousby Cecilia Cotton 392 views
- 5:20 On Safari in Selous Game Reserve, Tanzaniaby explorertravel 1,782 views
- 9:05 Our Safari Honeymoon to Tanzania (Serengeti, Selous, Zanzibar, Pemba)by Mark Beaumont 3,459 views
- 1:03 Morogoro road being excavated in Dar es Salaamby AskPods 241 views
- Loading more suggestions...