Did Christine Quinn, City Council deliberately deny community access to Rudin Condo Hearing ?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 6, 2012
New York, NY (March 6, 2012) -- Over 200 people were shut out of the final hearing, where public testimony was to be accepted, before the New York City Council and its Speaker Christine Quinn were expected to decide whether to approve or reject the irresponsible Rudin Family's luxury condo conversion plan for St. Vincent's Hospital.
People stood in line since 8 a.m. -- some before -- outside 250 Broadway, where the hearing was held, only to be denied participation. An elderly man collapsed inside an unnecessary and humiliating police barricade ; the senior citizen seemed to have suffered a seizure from prolonged exposure to the cold. Thankfully, there were doctors among the crowd waiting to give their testimony, who kept medical watch over the senior citizen. But the ambulance took approximately 30 minutes to respond to 250 Broadway, even though New York Downtown Hospital is nearby.
Since the closing of St. Vincent's, area residents are afraid that their lives are in danger from the extended EMS and ambulance response and transport times to alternative hospitals, such as Beth Israel Hospital or St. Luke's-Roosevelt. Residents and activists complained about having to stand outside and wait in the cold morning weather. At times, residents and activists changed, "Let us in." See :
Media entrepreneur Tom Allon, who is a declared candidate for the New York City Mayor's race in 2013, waiting outside 45 minutes before he was allowed into the hearing to testify. Watch our exclusive exit interview, in which he criticised Speaker Quinn and the New York City Council for denying residents and activists an opportunity to provide public testimony : http://youtu.be/WJ_PocAUxRg
How much danger is Speaker Quinn willing to put New York City in, with all of these irresponsible hospital closings ? To what lengths is she willing to go, to exclude public participation in public hearings ?
For more information about Hands Off St. Vincent's, please like our page on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hands-o...
Standard YouTube License
- 30:53 Why Are They Closing St. Vincent's Hospital? (Pt. 30) - Press Conference/Sham NYC Council Hearingby trust2020media's channelFeatured 325
- 1:00:59 Why Are They Closing St. Vincent's Hospital? (Pt. 29) - March Against the Health Insurance Industryby trust2020media 234 views
- 5:37 #OccupySandy Rally and March - Protest Against @MikeBloomberg - Build Back Betterby Bold Progress NYC 455 views
- 3:27 Christine Quinn Chamber of Commerce Protest and Perp Walk - Elmo Restaurantby REJECT2013QUINN 177 views
- 2:57 Occupy Activists Brilliantly Infiltrated Koch Brothers Anti-Occupy Rally (20-Sept-2012)by boldprogressnyc 131 views
- 7:52 Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer Condemns Anti-Semitic Hate Crimes, to Run for NY Mayorby shmekil 151 views
- 2:52 Animal Rights Protest Against Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Save the Canada Geese (GooseWatch NYC)by boldprogressnyc 105 views
- 13:06 St. Vincent's Hospital -- Rudin Family #OccupyCB2 -- YouTube Documentaryby LenoxHillGreed 945 views
- 7:09 East News York. The Classic Brooklyn Neighborhood . 1920 - 1960by Eddi Haskell 30,668 views
- 2:07 Why go to the Emergency Room at Beth Israel Medical Center in NYC?by BethIsraelNYC 1,049 views
- 4:22 John Liu on Christine Quinn-1by azinyc 746 views
- 3:37 Christine C. Quinn on Piers Morgan Tonight on CNNby NYC Council 2,432 views
- 3:10 George MARTINEZ for Congress - Take Corruptive Influence of Money Out Of Politicsby boldprogressnyc 107 views
- 0:21 FDNY Excursion and St. Luke's-Roosevelt Ambulance - New York Cityby brewdog11's channel 4,159 views
- 5:22 NYPD COPS AND ST. LUKE'S ROOSEVELT AMBULANCE RESPOND TO CAR & SCOOTER ACCIDENT.by THEMAJESTIRIUM1 1,363 views
- 18:42 Grenada Consulate & GRENCAP Meeting Part 2by Michael Bascombe 23 views
- 0:34 FDNY - EMS - St Luke's in Columbus Circle - 2/22/12by FdNy8231 712 views
- 7:33 Holder Defends Execution Without Chargesby The Young Turks 50,092 views
- 1:47 Jason Panarella At City Council Meetingby SuperintendentJa 197 views
- 5:16 BREAKING! Vice President Joe Biden Forced to Impeach Oathbreaker Obama! After This?by Female Truthers eXposing NWO 34,717 views
- Loading more suggestions...