Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" Rally - Interviews With Participants
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 30, 2010
Produced and edited by Chase Whiteside (interviews) and Erick Stoll (camera) with additional camera from Kasey Hosp.
On 8.28.2010, Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally was held on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. The purpose of the rally, which Beck claimed to be "non-political" despite featuring Tea Party-favorite Sarah Palin as a speaker and its being attended entirely by conservatives, was unclear. The participants spoke abstractly about the need to restore "honor" and "pride" to a country that had lost it. When pressed for when our country had lost its honor, most cited the election of Barack Obama.
8.28.2010 also represented the 47th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King's famous "I Have a Dream" speech, and Glenn Beck has been criticized for by civil rights groups for trying to misappropriate the occasion.
Last year, Beck referred to Barack Obama—our country's first African-American President--as a "racist... who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture." When offered the chance to respond to Beck's statements, his fans either agreed with him or simply refused to believe that he had ever made them.
While the speaker list was diverse, the overwhelmingly white crowd expressed paranoid and conspiratorial fears of multiculturalism—that atheists or black liberation theologists or radical Muslims or "free-loading" Latinos were going to ruin our country. There was the constant suggestion that white Christians and their way of life are somehow under assault, and that the attendees of this rally were here to put an end to it and return the country to what it used to be.
Our films are free to watch, but costly to produce.
Every contribution helps to keep us online.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:51 Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" Rally - Interview B-Rollby NewLeftMediaFeatured 128,922
- 11:48 TAX DAY TEA PARTY 2010by NewLeftMedia 652,711 views
- 11:24 TEA PARTY CONVENTION - Sarah Palin, Orly Taitz, Interviews with Participantsby NewLeftMedia 163,891 views
- 9:52 THE TEA PARTY & THE CIRCUS - Final Healthcare Reform Protestby NewLeftMedia 658,447 views
- Glenn Beck 246 videos16K
- 12:22 Republicans Say The Darndest Things (Greatest Modern Hits 2)by incitebytes 195,447 views
- 8:11 9.12 DC TEA PARTY - March Footage with Interviewsby NewLeftMedia 1,407,404 views
- 0:23 Glenn Beck Fan assaults protester at "Restoring Honor" rally... In 1080HDby Brad Kutner 39,432 views
- 8:37 Clinton Kicks the Crap out of Fox News Part 2by prezjackie 6,618,043 views
- 7:36 Ohio Romney Rally - Interview B-Roll - Social Issuesby NewLeftMedia 113,004 views
- 1:58 Glenn Beck Showing His Colorsby smmfryguy 499,660 views
- 1:41:09 Glenn Beck Keynote at 2013 NRA Conventionby RepublicHeritage 11,598 views
- 1:53:40 The Obama Deception HQ Full length versionby ChangeDaChannel 12,897,603 views
- 8:31 Ohio Romney Rally - Interviews with Supportersby NewLeftMedia 1,513,488 views
- 0:29 Glenn Beck: President Obama is a racistby ohnoestheydidnt 42,208 views
- 1:02:38 Chase Whiteside debates James O'Keefe at Temple Universityby NewLeftMedia 19,139 views
- 1:41:21 2013 NRA Annual Meetings: Glenn Beckby NRAVideos 22,187 views
- 4:54 Glenn Beck K.O.'dby C0ct0pusPrime 188,365 views
- 17:42 Glenn Beck- Why Obama Hid the Truth of Benghazi ?by John Best 45,431 views
- 12:35 Occupy America / #OccupyAmericaby NewLeftMedia 40,744 views
- 2:17 Hilarious Anti-Glenn Beck Signs from Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" Rallyby David Pakman Show 21,762 views
- Loading more suggestions...