Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" Rally - Interviews With Participants
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 30, 2010
Produced and edited by Chase Whiteside (interviews) and Erick Stoll (camera) with additional camera from Kasey Hosp.
On 8.28.2010, Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally was held on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. The purpose of the rally, which Beck claimed to be "non-political" despite featuring Tea Party-favorite Sarah Palin as a speaker and its being attended entirely by conservatives, was unclear. The participants spoke abstractly about the need to restore "honor" and "pride" to a country that had lost it. When pressed for when our country had lost its honor, most cited the election of Barack Obama.
8.28.2010 also represented the 47th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King's famous "I Have a Dream" speech, and Glenn Beck has been criticized for by civil rights groups for trying to misappropriate the occasion.
Last year, Beck referred to Barack Obama—our country's first African-American President--as a "racist... who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture." When offered the chance to respond to Beck's statements, his fans either agreed with him or simply refused to believe that he had ever made them.
While the speaker list was diverse, the overwhelmingly white crowd expressed paranoid and conspiratorial fears of multiculturalism—that atheists or black liberation theologists or radical Muslims or "free-loading" Latinos were going to ruin our country. There was the constant suggestion that white Christians and their way of life are somehow under assault, and that the attendees of this rally were here to put an end to it and return the country to what it used to be.
Our films are free to watch, but costly to produce.
Every contribution helps to keep us online.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:51 Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" Rally - Interview B-Rollby New Left MediaFeatured 129,080
- Glenn Beck 246 videos16K
- 11:48 TAX DAY TEA PARTY 2010by New Left Media 652,935 views
- 9:52 THE TEA PARTY & THE CIRCUS - Final Healthcare Reform Protestby NewLeftMedia 658,520 views
- 11:24 TEA PARTY CONVENTION - Sarah Palin, Orly Taitz, Interviews with Participantsby NewLeftMedia 163,903 views
- 12:22 Republicans Say The Darndest Things (Greatest Modern Hits 2)by incitebytes 198,937 views
- 8:37 Clinton Kicks the Crap out of Fox News Part 2by prezjackie 6,625,512 views
- 8:11 9.12 DC TEA PARTY - March Footage with Interviewsby NewLeftMedia 1,407,620 views
- 1:53:40 The Obama Deception HQ Full length versionby ChangeDaChannel 12,915,892 views
- 17:42 Glenn Beck- Why Obama Hid the Truth of Benghazi ?by John Best 57,876 views
- 7:36 Ohio Romney Rally - Interview B-Roll - Social Issuesby NewLeftMedia 113,004 views
- 8:31 Ohio Romney Rally - Interviews with Supportersby NewLeftMedia 1,513,735 views
- 12:35 Occupy America / #OccupyAmericaby NewLeftMedia 40,802 views
- 4:50 Black Man Crashes the Tea Party: the Confrontation & Challengeby Winston Edmondson 34,358 views
- 4:29 Glenn Beck Rally Attendee Exposedby The Young Turks 146,224 views
- 2:17 Hilarious Anti-Glenn Beck Signs from Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" Rallyby David Pakman Show 21,774 views
- 1:02:38 Chase Whiteside debates James O'Keefe at Temple Universityby NewLeftMedia 19,157 views
- 7:28 2009 NATIONAL EQUALITY MARCH - Interviews with Participantsby NewLeftMedia 40,862 views
- 4:54 Glenn Beck K.O.'dby C0ct0pusPrime 188,494 views
- 10:37 The War on Women's Health is Realby New Left Media 121,611 views
- 6:22 1/2 - NO ON ONE - The Campaign to Protect Marriage Equality in Maineby NewLeftMedia 70,125 views
- Loading more suggestions...