Exclusive: Ex-Greek PM George Papandreou on Fiscal Crisis and Why He Backs Occupy Movement
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 9, 2011
www.democracynow.org - In an exclusive interview, Democracy Now! speak with former Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou, who is attending the U.N. Climate Change Conference in Durban, South Africa. Papandreou was forced to resign last month when he suggested holding a national referendum to allow the Greek people to have a say in whether they would accept the European Union's bailout plan which would necessitate severe austerity cuts. We speak to Papandreou about the financial crisis, the role of banks and the importance of the growing Occupy Wall Street movement. "The Occupy Wall Street movements ... are saying something very, very specific. That inequality in the end is an inequality of power. And we need to redistribute power, not just money. Power ---- and this is I think the Democratic challenge that we have today," Papandreou says.
To watch the complete daily, independent news hour, read the transcript, download the podcast, and for more reports from the U.N. Climate Change Conference in Durban, visit http://www.democracynow.org/tags/durb...
FOLLOW DEMOCRACY NOW! ONLINE:
Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/democracynow
Download the Audio: http://www.soundcloud.com/officialdem...
Daily Email News Digest: http://www.democracynow.org/subscribe
Please consider supporting independent media by making a donation to Democracy Now!
today, visit http://www.democracynow.org/donate/YT
Standard YouTube License
- 21:42 Seymour Hersh: Propaganda Used Ahead of Iraq War Now Being Reused Over Iran's Nuke Programby Democracy Now! 11,672 views
- 5:13 "Get It Done": Urging Climate Justice, Youth Delegate Anjali Appadurai Mic-Checks UN Summitby Democracy Now! 122,812 views
- 3:51 Lauding "Collapse of Global Warming Movement" Inhofe Tells UN Summit "You Are Being Ignored"by democracynow 2,357 views
- 0:44 Study: Viewers of Fox News Less Informed of World Events Than Those Who Don't Watch Any Newsby Democracy Now! 36,303 views
- 14:32 ΑΠΟΛΟΓΙΑ ΠΡΩΗΝ ΜΑΣΟΝΟΥ-INTERVIEW WITH AN EX-MASONby ΕΣΦΙΓΜΕΝΙΤΗΣ ΑΓΙΟΡΕΙΤΗΣ 268,038 views
- George Papandreou 2,273 videos6
- 9:34 George Papandreou interviewed on BBC by Andrew Marrby demozeno 15,875 views
- 3:30 KARAMANLIS & PAPANDREOU # 1.wmvby ooonick 64,500 views
- 1:25 papandreou gelioby toledo20v 189,363 views
- 22:01 Talk to Al Jazeera - George Papandreouby AlJazeeraEnglish 7,701 views
- 1:10 UN Guards Beat Reuters Photographer At Cancún Climate Talksby mediagrrl9 19,418 views
- 16:26 Beyond the Euro Crisis - George Papandreou - Zeitgeist 2012by Zeitgeist Minds 7,979 views
- 1:15 Mark Lex Eros - A doctor threw a shoe at Greek Prime Minister George Papandreouby paparazzoz 11,473 views
- 17:11 The System Has No Way of Solving The Problem - Professor Richard D Wolffby RichardDWolff 1,225 views
- 0:55 Κωνσταντίνος Καραμανλής: Η Μακεδονία είναι Ελληνικήby Δημήτρης Ψάρρας 24,173 views
- 1:03:58 George Papandreou: Bailouts and Ballots: The New Challenges to Democracy and the Case of Europeby Columbia SIPA 21,224 views
- 22:03 Nobel-Winning IPCC Chair Rajendra Pachauri To Obama: "Listen to Science" on Global Warmingby democracynow 1,888 views
- 1:35 Ψέματα Παπανδρέουby epikairotita24 194,009 views
- 1:38:32 Occupy Venice Talks with The Zeitgeist Movement LA (Wall St) Peter Joseph, Jason lord, Jen Wildingby Helle534 409 views
- 4:40 Andreas Papandreouby pappaniginie 10,855 views
- 13:59 Pepper-Spray Creator Decries Use of Chemical Agent on Peaceful Occupy Wall Street Protestersby Democracy Now! 8,105 views
- Loading more suggestions...