Paul Ryan Reminds Debbie Wasserman-Schultz What She's Already Done to Medicare
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 28, 2012
House Budget Commitee Chairman Paul Ryan corrected Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz's incorrect speech on Medicare during House Floor debate of the Path to Prosperity Budget.
DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz: As a member of Congress representing a large number seniors in south Florida, I can tell you that the House Republican Budget would be devastating for seniors and older Americans. This Republican path to poverty would pass like a tornado through America's nursing homes, where millions of Americans seniors receive long-term and end-of-life care.
HBC Chairman Paul Ryan: The growth rate of Medicare under this budget is the same one the President proposes in his budget. Here's the difference: President Obama in his law -- the one being debated over in the Supreme Court -- says 15 unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats will be in charge of putting price controls and cuts to Medicare to accommodate that growth rate. Our plan puts 50 million seniors in charge of choosing what health care plan is best for them -- more for the poor, more for the sick, less for the wealthy, and it makes Medicare solvent.
And here's the catch: we don't change the benefit for current seniors. This just applies to younger people - unlike the current law that the President passed -- that my friend voted for - 15 bureaucrats are in charge of putting price controls on current seniors' medical care which leads to denied care for them. So if we're talking about who's "saving and strengthening Medicare" it is this budget as opposed to the status quo, which raids it, rations it and still allows the program to go bankrupt.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:30 Rep. Paul Ryan Vs. President Obamaby forbesFeatured 170,354
- 2:10 Paul Ryan corrects those confused on combating povertyby HouseBudgetCommittee 73,306 views
- 5:32 Paul Ryan: We Have a Moral & Legal Obligation to Prevent America's Debt Crisisby HouseBudgetCommittee 8,663 views
- 4:53 Tim Geithner to Paul Ryan: "We don't have a definitive solution... We just don't like yours"by HouseBudgetCommittee 163,022 views
- 3:15 The Path to Prosperity (Episode 1): America's two futures, visualizedby HouseBudgetCommittee 320,327 views
- 91 videos Play all Wake Up America....Just like 1939...by sweetsunnydaygirl
- 1:38 Hideous Beast Debbie Wasserman Schultz Lies about Obama Job Creationby LiberalDrivel 34,910 views
- 0:49 Obama Humiliated After Attempt To Shame SUV Driverby Greg Hengler 155,523 views
- 6:12 Paul Ryan destroys Obama on health care reformby JPB209 5,425 views
- 6:08 Paul Ryan grills President Obama at Health Care Summitby TheUnitedStatists 64,205 views
- 28:30 Rep Paul Ryan Speaks To Seniors in Florida About Medicare Reform - Full Speechby Massteaparty 3,169 views
- 5:54 Debbie Wasserman Schultz interviewed by Bret Baier 4-24-12by RuBegonia 44,052 views
- 6:21 Jon Stewart Totally DESTROYS Obama Administration Over IRS Scandal | A MUST WATCHby JonXTalks1 102,251 views
- 13:51 Paul Ryan's Homecoming Rally Speech in Wisconsin 08/12/2012by MamaBarracuda 79,019 views
- 2:36 Congressman Bobby Rush Kicked Off House Floor For Wearing Hoodieby Doug Mataconis 1,384,263 views
- 1:31 Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Religious Groups Shouldn't Be Imposing Their Values on Employeesby jim hoft 14,962 views
- 5:03 Rep. Paul Ryan Blames Obama for Dividing Americaby HeritageFoundation 9,485 views
- 0:25 Joe Biden: 'Thank You Dr. Pepper'by dentonexable 54,256 views
- 5:35 Paul Ryan and President Obama discuss spending and budgetby RepPaulRyan 76,917 views
- Paul Ryan 12,380 videos768
- 11:19 Debbie Wasserman Schultz Reads Gabrielle Giffords' Resignation Letter On The Floor Of The Houseby DemRapidResponse 24,621 views
- 15:10 Rep. Paul Ryan: U.S. Needs Prosperity Not Austerityby forbes 14,218 views
- Loading more suggestions...