Lectures in Entrepreneurship: Bill Child
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 5, 2012
William H. "Bill" Child serves as Chairman of the Board of R.C. Willey Home Furnishings. Under his management, the company has grown over the past 52 years from one employee to over 3,000 employees, from a 600-square-foot store to 14 large stores in Utah, Idaho, Nevada and California with an annual sales volume of over $800 million. In 1995, R.C. Willey was acquired by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway. The Berkshire group ranks No. 2 in home furnishings in the United States. R.C. Willey has won many awards, among which is the "National Home Furnishings Retailer of the Year."
A native of Syracuse, Utah, Mr. Child was married to Darline Willey, and they were the parents of four children. Following her death, he married Patricia Wright and together they have three daughters and one son. Following one year at Weber State University, he earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Utah in 1954. He was honored with the Distinguished Alumni Award from Weber State College in 1978. He has received several honorary doctorate degrees, in humanities from Weber State University in 1983, in business from the University of Utah in 2003, as well as from Westminster College in 1998 and an Honorary Doctorate of Humanitarian Letters from Salt Lake Community College in 2002. Mr. Child is a member of the David Eccles School of Business Hall of Fame at the University of Utah and most recently received the prestigious honor of being inducted into the American Furniture Hall of Fame.
Mr. Child currently serves on many advisory boards including The David Eccles School of Business President's Club and the President's Leadership Council at Brigham Young University.
He enjoys golf, swimming, skiing and is very active in church and community. He and his wife are the proud grandparents of 30 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. They enjoy the opportunity of supporting many charitable organizations and educational programs throughout the country and state of Utah.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:23:58 Guy Kawasaki: The Top 10 Mistakes of Entrepreneursby UCBerkeleyHaas172,514 views
- 9:51 Ayurveda Lecture on Stress Management Part - IIIby Partap Chauhan1,672 views
- 1:05:56 Top 10 Mistakes Made by Entrepreneursby stanfordbusiness370,349 views
- 44:11 Ambition. Discipline. Purpose. The Journey of Being an Entrepreneur with Gurbaksh Chahalby University of California Television (UCTV)28,576 views
- 1:24:48 The Marriott Way: Empowering Employees and Enhancing Customer Service to Drive the Bottom Lineby CalSouthern School of Business2,292 views
- 1:01:39 Getting Funded: What Every Entrepreneur Needs to Know About IPOsby UCBerkeleyHaas1,117 views
- 1:01:31 WARREN BUFFETT INTERVIEW FROM INDIA (MUST WATCH)by BELAIR2000178,175 views
- 56:20 The Life Of A Young Entrepreneur - Documentaryby DocumentaryTube33,366 views
- 5 videos Play all School of Business Lecturesby calsouthernbusiness
- 9:10 Warren Buffett UNC Talk 1996 - Part 1by IndoChink23,079 views
- 5:23 Master of Real Estate Development: Student Experienceby DavidEcclesBusiness3,237 views
- 57:37 The Coming Collapse of the Middle Class with Elizabeth Warrenby University of California Television (UCTV)938,201 views
- 1:18:18 Peter Sage - Extreme Entrepreneur | London Realby London Real7,882 views
- 1:01:42 Networking - Megan Johnson, KPMGby U Career Services390 views
- 1:19:36 Social Entrepreneurshipby stanfordbusiness15,493 views
- 1:00:22 Lectures in Entrepreneurship: Justin Goldby Jon M. Huntsman School of Business788 views
- 1:28:32 The 21 Golden Rules of Entrepreneurship - A Real Life Fable by Jason Nazarby docstocTV93,481 views
- 11:00 Niro's 'outsourcing lecture'by ICEB2009731 views
- 1:23:07 Dean's Convocation: David Bellby Jon M. Huntsman School of Business712 views
- 45:34 UVU: Matt Frisbie Entrepreneur Lecture Series 2012by UtahValleyUniversity189 views