Free Wind Power in Nawalparasi - Nepal
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 18, 2011
Nepal being a developing country facing political turbulence is assumed to be a minority in the case of bringing the renewable resource use to a greater level. In this context, Mirlung Electro-Mech Concern (MEC) has met the rural area Beshar Danda, Nawalparasi District with renewable sources by commencing the project on Wind and solar Hybrid System. Most of the terrain of hills and terai of Nepal has large wind and solar resource. Thus the combination of the two technologies, solar in the day and wind in the night brings 24 hours of electricity making it a natural and affordable source. Such projects can be completed within 15 to 30 days and is a boon for the developing country facing development issues. In addition other similar projects have been undertaken by MEC in different parts of the country. MEC also plans to rectify the energy crisis of the urban areas by implementation of such renewable resources.
The positive aspect of the site and its location is the 24 hours wind availability. The availability of wind is basically from N-S direction in the morning and S-N direction in the afternoon, continuously from 5 pm to 8 am. This is the best aspect of the site because in this time period the maximum usage of electricity is made in every household. The weekly average of 22 hours would generate full capacity power generation. Similarly, the availability of solar is 4-4.5 hours after 12 pm which varies slightly according to season. In case solar is not available wind generated power could be directly distributed.
The adjustments were made for 6 houses which never had the privilege of electricity before. The distribution of power in each household is 100 watt. The villagers were overwhelmed with the fact that electricity was made available to them by the renewable sources.
The available energy of wind and solar is a sustainable resource for this location. This implies that a renewable project is successful only if it is sustainable.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:46 Triveni Dham of Nawalparasi, Nepalby Raju Nepal 3,820 views
- 1:09 rani mahal - equivalent of Taj Mahal in Nepal.by hundredadventures 30,986 views
- 7:59 Renewable Energy Village_Hurhure.m4vby practicalaction 3,856 views
- 11:49 View of myagdi district all villagesby Resham Purja 36,257 views
- 4:52 Dharan-Dhankuta, Nepalby PROUD NEPALI 115,864 views
- 3:31 Nepal from Kathmandu to Chitwanby Ryan Heyne 9,658 views
- 11:56 Dharan Dhankuta - Nepali purbeli lok geet..by merochitwan 122,526 views
- 9:05 Dhauwadi VDC Nawalparasi Open-Defecation- Free Declaration Ceremony 068.2.20.flvby Bhim Upadhyaya 1,291 views
- 7:47 Tiger Tops Nepalby Manel Magrinya i Ros 3,646 views
- 5:19 Danunne Devi of Nawalparashi, Nepalby Raju Nepal 259 views
- 12:22 Limbu Nepali Song - Dharan Dhankuta Bhedetar - Limbu Chumlungby Limbu Chumlung HD 3,092 views
- 1:06 The sugarcane farmers of Nawalparasi district imposed indefiby ananepalnews 1,412 views
- 9:41 Roots & Shoots, Nepal Picture Slide of Vulture Conservation Project at Nawalparasi, Nepalby Mahesh Sharma 2,425 views
- 5:21 Dhankuta Bhedetarby Homa Adhikari 69,352 views
- 29:26 Nepali: A TV Blog. Episode 10 - Dharan: Capital of Capitalsby nepalitvblog 2,832 views
- 7:03 SMALL WIND TURBINE CRANKING OUT THE AMPS.by OBXSOLWIND 23,433 views
- 14:17 Wind of Change - Fintry community renewable energy filmby corneliareetz 5,354 views
- 13:30 The Huge Battery Bank for Wind Turbine And Solar Panelsby Bryan May 26,310 views
- 11:55 Dharan Dhankutaby Puspa Thulung 47,749 views
- 1:31 The East-West highway of Nawalparasi section resume from todby ananepalnews 982 views
- Loading more suggestions...