Hybrid Technology Lights Up Nawalparasi Village
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 18, 2011
Nepal being a developing country facing political turbulence is assumed to be a minority in the case of bringing the renewable resource use to a greater level. In this context, Mirlung Electro-Mech Concern (MEC) has met the rural area Beshar Danda, Nawalparasi District with renewable sources by commencing the project on Wind and solar Hybrid System. Most of the terrain of hills and terai of Nepal has large wind and solar resource. Thus the combination of the two technologies, solar in the day and wind in the night brings 24 hours of electricity making it a natural and affordable source. Such projects can be completed within 15 to 30 days and is a boon for the developing country facing development issues. In addition other similar projects have been undertaken by MEC in different parts of the country. MEC also plans to rectify the energy crisis of the urban areas by implementation of such renewable resources.
The positive aspect of the site and its location is the 24 hours wind availability. The availability of wind is basically from N-S direction in the morning and S-N direction in the afternoon, continuously from 5 pm to 8 am. This is the best aspect of the site because in this time period the maximum usage of electricity is made in every household. The weekly average of 22 hours would generate full capacity power generation. Similarly, the availability of solar is 4-4.5 hours after 12 pm which varies slightly according to season. In case solar is not available wind generated power could be directly distributed.
The adjustments were made for 6 houses which never had the privilege of electricity before. The distribution of power in each household is 100 watt. The villagers were overwhelmed with the fact that electricity was made available to them by the renewable sources.
The available energy of wind and solar is a sustainable resource for this location. This implies that a renewable project is successful only if it is sustainable.
Video by Amrit Singh Thapa
Standard YouTube License
- 57:08 Nawalparasi dance festival 2069by Bidesh Stha2,543 views
- 13:30 The Huge Battery Bank for Wind Turbine And Solar Panels Off Doomsay Preppersby Bryan May41,613 views
- 4:49 vayrav tan palpa ka gandarva dahi 2010 nepalby chhanda raj bhandari15,116 views
- 31:35 Sarai to Srinagar, Tansen Palpa, Nepalby Jasbir Rana3,067 views
- 57:34 The Nepal Documentaryby wwwcelticvideocom225,437 views
- 23:10 Industrial Wind Turbines - NIMBY = Not In My Back Yard OR Next It Might Be You!by DianeDi10,460 views
- 14:17 Wind of Change - Fintry community renewable energy filmby Film4Change6,067 views
- 4 videos Play all World Wind Energyby amritsinghthapa
- 3:46 Triveni Dham of Nawalparasi, Nepalby Raju Nepal7,003 views
- 1:09 Rani Mahal - equivalent of Taj Mahal in Nepal.by Sherpa Tours46,165 views
- 9:41 Roots & Shoots, Nepal Picture Slide of Vulture Conservation Project at Nawalparasi, Nepalby Mahesh Sharma2,782 views
- 3:31 Nepal from Kathmandu to Chitwanby Ryan Heyne17,246 views
- 47:21 Nepal fm programe Triveniby subash pant305 views
- 5:43 tharu dance sitali bayar by toranchaudhary nawalparasiby ToranChaudhary20112,922 views
- 2:31:21 Hifaajatby HiTechEntertainment412,740 views
- 7:59 Renewable Energy Village_Hurhure.m4vby Practical Action4,187 views
- 6:54 Biogas - A New Source of Energy for Nepal | Global Ideasby DW (English)4,527 views
- 1:32:28 NEPAL VS UAE LIVE ICC WORLD CUP T20 WATCH LIVE ONLINEby A1tutorial8,891 views
- 2:28 Palpa Attack By Maoist.wmvby Barun Khanal81,136 views
- 5:35 palpa tansen official video HDby k2cpalpa3,870 views