Shai Linne - Mission Accomplished
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 2, 2009
Through lyrical theology, Shai Linne presents biblical truth that explains the doctrine of Actual Atonement (Particular Redemption), which is probably the most controversial of the doctrines of grace and most difficult to accept by many believers.
Matt. 26:28, John 10:11, Matt. 25:32-33, John 17:9, Acts 20:28, Eph. 5:25-27, Isaiah 53:12
The renowned 19th century British preacher and evangelist Charles H. Spurgeon had these words to say about the atonement (from his sermon, "The Mission of the Son of Man"):
Now, some people love the doctrine of 'universal atonement' because they say it is so beautiful. It is a lovely idea that 'Christ should have died for all men'; it commends itself, they say, to the instincts of humanity; there is something in it full of joy and beauty.
I admit there is; but beauty may be often associated with falsehood.
There is much which I might well admire in the theory of 'universal redemption' but let me just tell you what this supposition necessarily involves. If Christ on His cross intended to save every man, then He intended to save those who were damned before He died; because if this doctrine (that He died for all men) is true, He died for some that were in hell before He came into this world, for doubtless there were myriads there that had been cast away.
Once again, if it were Christ's intention to save all men, how deplorably has He been disappointed! For we have His own evidence that there is a lake that burns with fire and brimstone, and into that pit must be cast some of the very people, who according to that theory, were bought with His blood!
To think that my Savior died for men in hell, seems a supposition too horrible for me to imagine. That He was the substitute for the sons of men, and that God having first punished the substitute, punished these same men again, seems to me to conflict with any idea of justice.
That Christ should offer an atonement and satisfaction for the sins of all men, and that afterwards, some of those very men should be punished for the same sins which Christ had already atoned for, seems to me, to be the most marvelous monstrosity that ever could have been imputed to Saturn, to Janus, aye, to the god of the Thugs, or the most diabolical heathen demons!
God forbid that we should ever think thus of Jehovah, the just and wise.
The death of Christ is the foundation of the Christian's hope. But those believing in a general redemption cannot possibly fully enjoy that blessed hope in Christ. They claim to believe in a redeemer who is not completely successful in redeeming the lost; an atonement that falls short of achieving its purpose; thus believing that the death of Christ must be joined with freewill in order to save. Fortunately, Jesus is a Redeemer who does deliver His people from sin; not just tries to deliver His people with the possibility of losing some of them. His grace is thoroughly efficacious in saving the elect, for whom He died. And one elected by the grace of God is bound to come to Him, for it would be then natural for him to do so.
Standard YouTube License
- 47 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 5:26 Shai Linne - Greatest Story Ever Told (w/ Lyrics)by Brian CurrentFeatured 43,550
- 27:52 The Chopping Block // Reformed Theologyby lampmode 18,702 views
- 8:39 The Atonement Interview with shai linne - Part 1 of 2by lampmode 23,341 views
- 6:13 Shai Linne - Were You Thereby iChristProductions 71,721 views
- 5:45 Shai Linne - "Lord of Patience"by Joseph Markham 17,589 views
- 132 videos Play all Say That!!!by 19MILLY88
- 3:56 Shai Linne - Throne Of Graceby PartOfGodsKingdom 23,567 views
- 5:15 Through My Eyes - Shai Linne (with lyrics)by distantmyth 9,008 views
- 4:42 The Glory of God by shai linneby Shai Linne 51,052 views
- 5:28 Shai Linne - "All-Consuming Fire"by Joseph Markham 19,437 views
- 10:53 Shai Linne-As The Hour Draws Near "Short Film" Part 2by GenerationMinTV 25,191 views
- 4:56 Shai Linne - Taste and Seeby mattmessuh 19,785 views
- 4:42 Spurgeon_0001.wmvby jennydlovesdancing 8,352 views
- 5:11 WOTM - Shai Linne Songsby mrob7 29,988 views
- 5:42 Lord of Patience by Shai Linne w/lyricsby Aaron Nogueda 15,272 views
- 5:11 2nd Coming, Flame ft. Shai Linneby whitenine 71,415 views
- 4:51 Shai Linne - Expositional Preachingby rastakim16333 8,899 views
- 5:27 Shai Linne - "The Omnis"by Joseph Markham 11,919 views
- 4:24 Shai Linne - "Mercy and Grace"by Joseph Markham 14,137 views
- Shai Linne 662 videos76
- 46:08 Justification with guest Shai Linne | RIGHTLY DIVIDED | Episode 8by LaneCh 12,972 views
- 10:06 The Doctrine of Absolute Inability - John MacArthur [3/5]by DigitalCodex 5,197 views
- Loading more suggestions...