Entrepreneur Leadership Speaker Series: Jana Francis and Rett Clevenger
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 24, 2013
Jana Francis is raising three kids, running a multi-million-dollar startup company, and charming everyone she meets. Jana's motivation to start her own company came on her drive back to her corporate job after maternity leave with her latest baby. Her love of online deal hunting and her quest for finding the most sought-after baby products at steep discounts were the catalysts for a new kind of website. After 18 months of planning she launched BabySteals.com in April of 2008. She left her 12-year career in the corporate world for good six months later.
She is passionate about fitness, gardening, cooking, and is also an outdoor recreational fanatic. She pours her whole self into everything she takes on and does it all with irresistible zest.
When Rett Clevenger hears the word "mogul," he envisions a backcountry ski run with powder so deep you need a snorkel. Rett is an accomplished mountaineer and will jump at the opportunity to go whitewater kayaking, wind surfing and nearly anything that gets adrenaline flowing. He doesn't wear a business suit and doesn't think of himself as a mogul.
After receiving his B.A. in Marketing from the University of Idaho, Rett found himself managing, building, and marketing web sites within multi-channel environments for Northwest River Supplies and Coldwater Creek. Eight years later, he was recruited by Backcountry.com and moved to Utah to be their online media manager. During his four years there, not only did he build his outdoor gear stash, his team increased revenue 534% from $9.1 million to $58 million — generating a combined total revenue of $88 million. Not bad for a ski junkie from a little town in North Idaho.
At a pinnacle where he could see the blizzard of opportunity, Rett co-founded Steal Network. His track record for creating innovation has grabbed the attention of Google and other mountainous companies. Rett is always up for a challenge and develops vertical growth with each project he tackles. As an adventurer, Rett faces opportunities with a tactical aggressiveness, yet he's humble enough to understand the value of collaboration and teamwork.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:17:31 How To Paint A Stormy Scene, Water Reflections - Acrylic Painting Lessons by Brandon Schaeferby SchaeferArt Featured 20,756
- 1:23:58 Guy Kawasaki: The Top 10 Mistakes of Entrepreneursby UCBerkeleyHaas170,789 views
- 56:46 Mr.Gobinath Anchor, Vijay Tv. & Entrepreneur full videoby Srishakthi Indialeadership125,647 views
- 53:53 What Will An Entrepreneur's Life Cost My Family? - Ted Beasleyby ActonMBA703 views
- 44:11 Ambition. Discipline. Purpose. The Journey of Being an Entrepreneur with Gurbaksh Chahalby University of California Television (UCTV)28,168 views
- 56:20 The Life Of A Young Entrepreneur - Documentaryby DocumentaryTube31,310 views
- 9:58 Cheap Accessories Rockey Trading Co. product follow Up! (Part 2ish..)by ExPartyGirl1,670 views
- 6:06 Mark Cuban: Only Morons Start a Business on a Loanby Bloomberg153,362 views
- 49:11 Jorge Ramos and María Elena Salinas on the Rise of Hispanic Americaby MoyersandCompany13,370 views
- 1:32:36 Steve Jobs introduces Original iPad - Apple Special Event (2010)by EverySteveJobsVideo336,185 views
- 10:55 How to Start a Business with No Moneyby Trent Dyrsmid391,851 views
- 26:26 Julie Meyer at the 'Follow the Entrepreneur' Summit 2012by Tom Peterson346 views
- 6:04 Francis and the Lights - Fell On Your Head (Robot & Frank)by GROMLIN15,982 views
- 1:18:18 Peter Sage - Extreme Entrepreneur | London Realby London Real7,446 views
- 0:52 Business Content - Audience Development Strategiesby Business Content3,883 views
- 55:59 Rebeca Hwang: Small Acts and Big Impacts [Entire Talk]by ecorner2,737 views
- 30:47 Tales of a Serial Entrepreneur -- 28 Companies in 28 Yearsby radwebmaster1,410 views
- 5:18 Steve Jobs Insult Responseby Mike Cane2,822,394 views
- 59:39 David Friedberg: Entrepreneurship Gives Life Meaning [Entire Talk]by ecorner4,902 views
- 5:53 An Entrepreneur's Vision - Brandon Boas, Columbusby The Arc of Indiana518 views
- Loading more suggestions...