How Much Leverage Does Bo Xilai Have?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 19, 2012
Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/cnforbiddennews
Like us on FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/chinaforbidde...
Chongqing's Vice Mayor Wang Lijun unexpectedly visited
the US consulate in Chengdu.
Sources said the diplomatic unit was under a military siege
ordered by Bo Xilai, CCP Secretary of Chongqing.
Bo ordered Chongqing mayor Huang Qifan to take 70 police
cars including armored vehicles to besiege the US consulate.
The trans-border operation was viewed as serious "rebellion".
After that, Bo Xilai openly visited the 14th Group Army in
Yunnan, which was set up by his father, Bo Yibo.
The latest overseas news reported the unusual move from
Air Force based in Chongqing.
So, will Bo rebel if he were supported by the army?
As Bo's diehard buddy Wang Lijun fled to US consulate in
Chengdu, armed police rushed there from Chongqing.
Bo's act was seen as major rebellion.
Yet afterwards Bo met the army in Yunnan.
He acted as if nothing had happened, which is highly unusual.
UK's Financial Times reviewed, "A reasonable procedure
should have called Bo to Beijing to explain the incident.
Rather, Bo paid a visit to the 14th Group Army that had
followed his father, Bo Yibo.
No obvious signal has been given by (CCP) central authorities
controlling the situation. Extremely unusual and disconcerting."
Separating armies and local authorities is CCP's strategy to
prevent regional leadership controlling armies for rebellion.
Bo Xilai became the first to break the rule in Nov. 2011 when
Hu Jintao was attending the APEC summit in Hawaii.
Bo held "6th military exercise" in Chongqing. The guest list
included Liang Guanglie, CCP Defense Minister, Li Shiming,
Chengdu Military Region Commander. Also the National
Defense Mobilization Committee of Chengdu Military Region.
Chinese history expert Li Yuanhua thinks army power grab
is the core of infighting among CCP's top leadership.
CCP's top head is traditionally the army chief. CCP officials
seeking promotion are also in pursuit of army power, Li feels.
Li Yuanhua: "Actually the CCP always fears the army going
So every new generation of its leadership hooked in the
army, offering troops some welfare benefits.
Only gaining army support makes leadership feel secure.
The regime seized the state power by relying on troops."
Bo signals that he has military support, making horse trading
with the CCP top leadership, Li Yuanhua analyzes.
So Bo coerces the opponent: Don't easily use force.
Why do the CCP top-level want to bring down Bo?
Because Bo violates CCP's taboo on its regional officials.
Li Yuanhua: "No matter how powerful a local force is,
he cannot hold any military exercise.
All CCP's military exercises are displays of its top leader's
military control, a symbol, in fact.
But if a regional leader does the same, that's overstepping the
power line in the view of the CCP top level.
It will certainly be annoying, and the leadership will look for
opportunities for retaliation."
In reality, the Wang Lijun incident has pushed CCP's
infighting out to the world.
Lately, two U.S. officials said that Wang Lijun handed over
files about CCP top-level corruptions.
Some implicate Zhou Yongkang, one of CCP Politburo
Standing Committee member.
There is also evidence linking Bo's forces plotting to topple
the upcoming succession of Xi Jinping, CCP Vice President.
Political Critic Zhang Tianliang thinks the Wang Lijun case
has just begun.
Zhang Tianliang (Political Critic): "Wang Lijun has another
important trump card, which has been handed to the U.S.
Bo's trouble is not only limited to corruption, but a rebellion.
The evidence Wang will disclose to CCP's national security
or Hu Jintao, is actually Bo's rebellion, not of the economy."
Zhang Tianliang notes that Bo Xilai has absolute control over
local armed police.
By contrast, Hu Jintao has to consult with two vice chairmen
of Central Military Committee to deploy "an army company".
So the CCP central committee feels Bo Xilai is being
In spite of this, the overseas media overwhelmingly predicted
that Bo Xilai' s power trip is about to end.
NTD reporters Liu Hui, Song Feng and Wang Mingyu
Standard YouTube License
- 6:17 Eagle vs Dragon: 'US, China rivalry leads to new arms race'by RT Featured 26,962
- 49:21 2013.08.23【挑戰新聞】濟南大審! 薄熙來大翻供 爆料谷開來吸毒!by ftvnp45,225 views
- 3:05 Social Media Erupts After Bo Xilai Firingby Link TV3,087 views
- 24:36 知情人王康专访（一）： 薄熙来到底是什么人？by Eric Wang49,930 views
- 8:26 PM Wen on Wang Li Jun Incident: Bo Xi lai must recognize and accept his mistake????by cctvdrama3314,739 views
- 10:56 当年薄熙来的妻子谷开来 如此的美丽动人气质高雅by chinahot365174,973 views
- 5:44 Chongqing Conspiracy - Bo Xilai Arrestedby Ted Torrence10,148 views
- 3:36 Secret Video Exposes Bo Xilai Corruptionby Link TV6,809 views
- 40:54 2012两会薄熙来答记者问40分钟完整版by Mingda Lu103,170 views
- 4:12 Bo Xilai Under Pressure, What Will Xi Jinping Do?by ChinaForbiddenNews14,585 views
- 1:18:41 The brutality of Chinese Communist Party and Governmentby hochiminhchetsinh13,652 views
- 2:19 Wang Lijun Asylum Fail. Exposes Bo Xilai. Communist China Shake Upby Ted Torrence10,244 views
- 1:16:25 The Rise of Communism in China - (Documentary)by themop117,804 views
- 0:30 Bo Xilai sacked in rare Chinese political scandal: fileby AFP news agency2,809 views
- 3:38 Wang Lijun Could Change China's Power Transitionby NTDTV2,852 views
- 28:33 China Forum #70: The 2012 Chinese Leadership Transitionby uscpf4,667 views
- 3:30 Praised as Crime Fighters, Bo Xilai and Wang Lijun Built Careers on Tortureby NTDTV3,913 views
- 17:59 Bo Xilai: Inside the Scandal - A WSJ Documentaryby WSJDigitalNetwork39,995 views
- 6:16 The Future of China and the Chinese Communist Party | China Uncensoredby China Uncensored8,079 views
- 5:43 China Reins In Bo Xilai Chatter Onlineby WSJDigitalNetwork6,036 views
- Loading more suggestions...