Doug Casey talks to James Turk
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 11, 2011
Subscribe to our newsletter at http://www.goldmoney.com/goldresearch. In this video, Doug Casey, founder and chairman of Casey Research Institute, talks to the GoldMoney Foundation's James Turk about the greater depression that is facing the developed world. In Casey's view, finding intriguing investment opportunities is difficult at the moment, owing to the dislocations affecting economies as a result of central banks' money printing efforts. He does however think that tangible assets such as precious metals, land and fine art remain the best options available at the moment.
In stark contrast, Casey is extremely downbeat on bonds and the US dollar. He thinks that given the incredible levels that bond prices have risen to as a result of panicked safe-haven buying by hedge funds, they represent an excellent shorting opportunity for speculators.
Turk and Casey also discuss the opportunities to be had in mining shares, though Doug also points out the significant risks that mining companies face -- relating to political pressure from politicians and environmentalists. He says that investors need to be aware of these risks, but remains bullish on junior gold and silver producers.
Casey and Turk also discuss whether or not technological advances will ever gold obsolete as a potential form of money and store of value. Casey points out that according to Aristotle's definition of good money, gold will always remain the best form of money. In his words: "gold is uniquely suitable for use as money". Viewers can subscribe to free "Conversation with Casey" at www.caseyresearch.com. This interview was recorded in Sydney, Australia on 10 October 2011.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:26 5 things you'd never think of to stockpile for economic collapseby Rule The WastelandFeatured 111,858
- 41:54 James G. Rickards talks to James Turkby GoldMoneyNews 43,483 views
- 32:54 Eric Sprott talks to James Turk in Munichby GoldMoneyNews 45,017 views
- 38:31 Gerald Celente talks to Alasdair Macleodby GoldMoney.com 26,254 views
- 10:10 Jim Sinclair interviewed by James Turkby GoldMoneyNews 111,462 views
- Doug Casey 237 videos108
- 14:41 How to Profit From Government Stupidity - Doug Caseyby CaseyResearchFAN 28,515 views
- 12:40 Doug Casey: Governments Are Out Of Control - August 5, 2012by MoneyandWealth 5,035 views
- 50:21 Michael Levy interviews Doug Caseyby CaseyResearchFAN 20,588 views
- 4:38 Fake Silver Warningby ozcopper 79,915 views
- 20:06 The Most Liquid Lie in the World is the U.S. Dollarby Casey Research 15,649 views
- 4:28 Doug Casey: The Science of Economics is Corruptby CaseyResearchFAN 12,031 views
- 33:55 Raw Footage of Doug Casey Interview from The Bubbleby Jimmy Morrison 14,432 views
- 30:43 David Stockman - Conversations with Caseyby Casey Research 74,501 views
- 28:39 Doug Casey with Ross Beatyby CaseyResearchFAN 10,576 views
- 29:45 James Grant and James Turk discuss gold, the Fed and the fiscal situation of the USAby GoldMoneyNews 38,941 views
- 26:40 Doug Casey: Optimism and Pessimism - June 16, 2012by NEW VIDEOS EVERY WEEK! 7,456 views
- 53:01 Legendary Investor Doug Casey Shares His Thoughts About Americas Future on The Peter Mac Show 8/3/11by Gregory V. Diehl 1,718 views
- 59:57 Doug Casey - Socialism and Psychological Aberration (Capitalism & Morality Seminar 2012)by CapitalismMorality 10,478 views
- 22:21 Ronald-Peter Stöferle talks to James Turk about goldby GoldMoneyNews 6,074 views
- 4:15 Doug Casey: Future Wars Will Be Open Source Warsby CaseyResearchFAN 4,504 views
- Loading more suggestions...