Doug Casey talks to James Turk
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 11, 2011
Subscribe to our newsletter at http://www.goldmoney.com/goldresearch. In this video, Doug Casey, founder and chairman of Casey Research Institute, talks to the GoldMoney Foundation's James Turk about the greater depression that is facing the developed world. In Casey's view, finding intriguing investment opportunities is difficult at the moment, owing to the dislocations affecting economies as a result of central banks' money printing efforts. He does however think that tangible assets such as precious metals, land and fine art remain the best options available at the moment.
In stark contrast, Casey is extremely downbeat on bonds and the US dollar. He thinks that given the incredible levels that bond prices have risen to as a result of panicked safe-haven buying by hedge funds, they represent an excellent shorting opportunity for speculators.
Turk and Casey also discuss the opportunities to be had in mining shares, though Doug also points out the significant risks that mining companies face -- relating to political pressure from politicians and environmentalists. He says that investors need to be aware of these risks, but remains bullish on junior gold and silver producers.
Casey and Turk also discuss whether or not technological advances will ever gold obsolete as a potential form of money and store of value. Casey points out that according to Aristotle's definition of good money, gold will always remain the best form of money. In his words: "gold is uniquely suitable for use as money". Viewers can subscribe to free "Conversation with Casey" at www.caseyresearch.com. This interview was recorded in Sydney, Australia on 10 October 2011.
Standard YouTube License
- 27:48  Doug Casey on Disguised Debt and the Self-Styled Doomsday Preppersby Boom Bust Featured 10,817
- 32:54 Eric Sprott talks to James Turk in Munichby GoldMoneyNews46,431 views
- 10:10 Jim Sinclair interviewed by James Turkby GoldMoneyNews114,160 views
- 41:54 James G. Rickards talks to James Turkby GoldMoneyNews44,953 views
- 34:55 Adam Fergusson talks to James Turkby GoldMoneyNews35,233 views
- 9:07 Gold Testing (What Gold Buyers Don't Want You to Know!)by Sandro Marino210,730 views
- 3:14 How To Get Real Silver From Your Bank By Saying 5 Wordsby Alessio Rastani229,131 views
- 49:59 Doug Casey Interview on Mind of Moneyby Douglass Lodmell11,570 views
- 59:57 Doug Casey - Socialism and Psychological Aberration (Capitalism & Morality Seminar 2012)by CapitalismMorality13,229 views
- 1:50:06 Doug Casey ~ TMRN 2012 07 ~ 13 Time Monk Radio Interviews Present:by TimeMonkRadioNetwork5,958 views
- 41:22 Mike Maloney: $2,000 or $5,000 Gold is Absurdly Low - Gold Price Will Double the Dowby Greg Hunter53,726 views
- 14:58 pt 1/2 Ted Butler: Criminal Silver Manipulation (NEW INTERVIEW!)by Transferofwealth14,232 views
- 31:35 Doug Casey: 'We are living in the middle of the biggest bubble in history'by GoldMoneyNews39,989 views
- 15:00 $400 Silver, James Turk Price Target!by Transferofwealth68,648 views
- 38:31 Gerald Celente talks to Alasdair Macleodby GoldMoneyNews26,932 views
- 22:12 Felix Zulauf talks to James Turkby GoldMoneyNews18,724 views
- 53:01 Legendary Investor Doug Casey Shares His Thoughts About Americas Future on The Peter Mac Show 8/3/11by Gregory V. Diehl2,293 views
- 20:06 The Most Liquid Lie in the World is the U.S. Dollarby Casey Research16,769 views
- 5:20 Fall of America: Doug Casey on Soverignty and Borders of the United Statesby fallofamericadvd2,474 views
- 30:43 David Stockman - Conversations with Caseyby Casey Research78,324 views
- Loading more suggestions...