Uploaded on Sep 12, 2009
The previous tutorial covered inserting movie files into Word 2007. We found that video file formates other that AVI did not work well and were difficult to work with. This tutorial will show a technique on how to make embedding videos into Word easier to work with. This tutorial will use embedding Youtube videos as an example of this technique.
Here is the technique used, in this tutorial, for embedding videos into Microsoft Word 2007.
* Open PowerPoint
* Create 2 blank slides
* In Slide 2, insert the controller for the video
- For example, Apple QuickTime Controller 2.0 for Quicktime movies and Shockwave Flash Object for YouTube.
* Place and resize the controller
* Set the URL into the controller
- For Youtube videos - remove the watch? and replace the = with a /
* Get a screenshot of the video and place the screenshot into Slide 1
* Change the Advance Slide Properties (Animations Tab) to Automatically after 00:00
* Save the PowerPoint
* Close PowerPoint
* Go to Word
* Go to Insert Object and select the PowerPoint Presentation as the object
* Word now has the Youtube video (or other video) embedded in it.
Standard YouTube License