John's Story : Facing Foreclosure
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 16, 2012
From Occupy Homes Minneapolis:
" Sign this petition asking US Bank to negotiate with John and Lucinda to save their home!
John Vinje and Lucinda Adams-Vinje bought their home in 2008 for 148,000. Their payment was roughly $1,300 per month on a 30 yr fixed term. It was the 1st home that either of them had ever purchased. John had been an Air Force pilot during the Vietnam war before working for many years as a security officer. Lucinda had a well established 10 year career as a TSA agent at the Minneapolis airport. Lucinda chose the home because she had grown up in the South Metro area and her work is nearby. She also happens to love the house. John says "I'm not sure why, she just loves it."
In July 2010 John and Lucinda entered into a trial separation. Lucinda wanted to stay in the home and John agreed. But by September she realized that she would not be able to float the payments on her own. She asked John if he would be willing to add his name to the mortgage and help her stay. John agreed for his income to be used in order for her to qualify. He claims that because of poor communication from the US Bank rep that was not informed that he would actually be the legal guarantor of the mortgage, until he was sitting at the Closing table. At that point he felt he had no choice and signed the papers, even though he was lied to and felt violated. The new refinance cut $200 off the original payment but raised the principal balance. In the meantime the value of the home had fallen by more than $50,000. This new "deal" had put them even more underwater.
By July 2011 John and Lucinda had repaired their relationship and John had moved back into the home. Their combined income of $3,000 per month was more than enough to make the $1,100 monthly payment obligation. What John did not know at the time is that Lucinda had fallen 2 months behind on the refinanced loan payments and US Bank was now demanding full payment. John called the Bank to explain their relationship status, that they could make the agreed payments, and that even though they couldn't pay the full 2 months of arrears they would be more than willing to make partial payments on the $2,200 balance until it was paid in full. US Bank refused and began foreclosure proceedings.
If they do nothing they will lose their home in April of 2012. This Air Force veteran and his wife have worked their entire adult life and now stand to lose the only home that either has ever owned.
What US Bank doesn't realize is that John and his wife are fighters. They, along with a growing number of Minnesota homeowners, have taken a pledge to stand with their community and fight for their home.
John had this to add: "Their refusal to work with us is an outrage. Do you know how much the C.E.O. of US Bank made last year? 18 million dollars! And yet they want my house that's only worth $80,000. Well you know what? I'm not gonna let them have it!" "
Standard YouTube License
- 9:24 Wrongful CHASE Foreclosure, illegal Eviction Day; 276 Running Ridge, Ojai, CA,by MeridianHealth1Featured 15,213
- 12:45 True Foreclosure Story - Case #1002 - Nanci Grant-Charltonby projectforeclosure 3,267 views
- 7:34 Foreclosure Fraud: Judge and Bankster caught on video, Juan B. Colas, Anchor Bank Pt.1by Christopher King 6,937 views
- 5:18 Eviction Day: Foreclosure Crisis Forces Man From Homeby AmericanNewsProject 48,507 views
- 4:32 Just Walk Away - Home Mortgagesby churchatchapelhill 7,425 views
- 14:07 The next housing shockby CBSNewsOnline 33,604 views
- 5:10 Bobby's Story: Facing Foreclosureby Peter Leeman 23,497 views
- 7:29 U.S. Police Preparing for Riots - Martial Law - Economic Collapseby Ralph Bass 33,347 views
- 25:00 The story of foreclosures and mortgages-INfocus-04-08-2012by PressTVGlobalNews 2,367 views
- 6:05 Typical REO Foreclosure Evictionby TeamAguilar 12,311 views
- 7:13 Alejandra and David - Facing Foreclosureby Peter Leeman 13,544 views
- 4:03 Elizabeth Warren On Illegal Foreclosures. INCREDIBLE VIDEOby Les Grossman 13,652 views
- 2:09 Man Bulldozes Own Home to 'Make Banks Think Twice About Foreclosure'by mmflint 151,404 views
- 7:05 How to Buy a Foreclosure or Short Sale Homeby TemeculaRealtor 23,368 views
- 3:26 Dan's Foreclosure Storyby bravenewfilms 45,234 views
- 5:48 Armando Montelongo Real Estate Seminar Scam - Customer Complaintsby MCAVevoNews 6,547 views
- 4:09 Occupy Homes MN Marches on the Home of US Bank CEO Richard Davisby OccupyMNTV 4,157 views
- 4:40 AMAZING! Homeless Family Occupies Foreclosed Home in Brooklyn (Inside Story)by Yes Lab Media 37,453 views
- 3:35 Hunter's Storyby Mindy Brooks 2,564 views
- 5:25 Strategic Default/Foreclosure : My personal storyby blssed2bme1234 604 views
- Loading more suggestions...