Farage: We face the prospect of mass civil unrest, even revolution
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 9, 2012
Donate to UKIP: http://www.ukip.org/donations | http://www.ukipmeps.org | http://twitter.com/#!/Nigel_Farage
• European Parliament, Brussels, 9 May 2012
• Speaker: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP), Co-President of the 'Europe of Freedom and Democracy' (EFD) Group in the European Parliament
• Debate: Statement by the President of the European Parliament, Martin Schulz MEP, on the occasion of Europe Day
Well, happy Schuman Day, or Europe Day, as you now call it, although I thought the celebrations were rather muted. The only bit of real passion we had was Mr Schulz slagging off the English but that now appears to be the sort of popular sport in this parliament.
And when people stand up and talk about the great success that the EU has been I'm not sure that anybody saying it really believes it themselves anymore. I think we are celebrating the wrong day.
We shouldn't be celebrating the 9th of May, we should be celebrating the 8th of May, Victory in Europe Day. We should celebrate the last time the Germans tried to smash the continent and they foundered and at least half the continent got its democracy back.
What we are celebrating on the 9th of May is another attempt through different means, to smash democracy across Europe. I don't doubt for a minute that Jean Monnet was well intentioned from the start. He thought that if you abolish nation states you would stop there ever being another war. He didn't at the time of course have the benefit of seeing that theory as it played out in Yugoslavia.
But like Communism, this has all gone badly wrong. And the EU Titanic has now hit the iceberg. It is a European Union of economic failure, of mass unemployment, of low growth, but worst of all, it's an EU with the economic prison of the Euro. And this now poses huge dangers to the continent. We face the prospect of mass civil unrest possibly even revolution in some countries that are being driven into total and utter desperation. But there is perhaps an opportunity. There is perhaps some good news.
That now a democratic rebellion has begun, and it began in Finland last year, with the True Finns getting nearly 20% of the vote. And we're seeing in country after country new political movements on the right and the left making big scores.
But that may not all be good news. Because in Greece what we saw, last Sunday, was rather reminiscent of the German election of 1932. We saw the status quo centre collapse the extremes of right and left rise. You know this project could even cause the rebirth of national socialism in Europe. We are headed the wrong way. We must break up the Euro zone. We must set those Mediterranean countries free. We must try to build a Europe, I want a Europe - but a Europe based on trade. A Europe based on co-operation. A Europe based on us sitting around the table and agreeing sensible rules on crime and the environment. We can do all of those things. But we cannot do it if we are asked to rally behind that flag. I owe no allegiance to that flag and nor do most of the people in Europe either!
• Video: EbS (European Parliament)
• EU Member States:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, United Kingdom
Standard YouTube License
- 3:44 FARAGE IS PURE GOLD !by kev wishfixFeatured 182,343
- 15:45 Best Nigel Farage speechesby UKIP Official Channel 119,464 views
- 2:53 Schulz's Law: First confrontation between Farage and Schulzby europarl 52,212 views
- 4:54 FARAGE vs MERKELby SuperUKIP 15,804 views
- 6:35 Nigel Farage: "Listen! The Whole Thing's a Giant Ponzi Scheme!"by TheLeakSource 151,992 views
- 3:40 Nigel Farage..i want you all fired. what the EU should be 06/07/11by jayofmeth 147,078 views
- Nigel Farage 7,865 videos595
- 3:27 Who is Herman van Rompuy?by ukipwebmaster 317,535 views
- 3:56 BBC acusses Nigel Farage of smoking & drinking too muchby PlanetEarthAwakens01 2,926 views
- 27:53 Nigel Farage on the "EU Titanic" and the "Rebirth of National Socialism in Europe"by CapitalAccount 68,840 views
- 7:25 UKIP Nigel Farage & Red Ken Livingstone on collapsing Eurozone Sky News 10 Jun 2012by ukipmedia 64,510 views
- 2:51 The Genius of Mutual Indebtedness - Nigel Farageby europarl 629,968 views
- 15:19 UKIP Nigel Farage - BBC Question Time April 2012by ukipmedia 39,914 views
- 11:54 The Right and the Left Rising Up Across Europe - Nigel Farageby europarl 20,564 views
- 10:59 Nigel Farage's Barrage against the New World Orderby Antinwonews 3,451 views
- 10:34 UKIP Nigel Farage - Speaking in Greece March 2012by ukipmedia 33,478 views
- 2:39 Farage: What gives you the right to dictate to the Greek and Italian people?by europarl 746,439 views
- 3:05 Farage: We Don't Want a Global Superpower, Mr President Schulzby europarl 27,094 views
- 11:00 Farage and Hannan expose Gordon Brown as he calls for New Global Orderby europarl 74,771 views
- 2:48 Reprimenda del eurodiputado Nigel Farage (subtitulado)by Pierre Arnaud 86,089 views
- 42:26 Nigel Farage confronts Herman Van Rompuy, José Manuel Barroso & Martin Schulzby XIxItalianoxIX 24,772 views
- Loading more suggestions...